Can cheaper one be as Good as Expensive One ?!?

G

Hi People ! I First wanted to go for i5 760 Rig but i found Phenom 965 BE which costs so much cheaper now i do this things :
1.i play games maxedout on 1440Rez
2.I need CPu to Handle all Heavy games
3.I wanna get ATI 5850 or 6870
4.I wanna get 2x2Gb 1333Mhz ram
5.i do no OC , CF, or SLI !
6.i want keep my RIG for Long time

now based on my NEED answer my Questions ( do u still remember CPUs that i mentioned )

1.Is there too much Difference between i5 760 & phenom 965 BE ?
2.will i get 100% great performance with 965 BE in games ?
3.which one Heats More ?
4.which one will work longer ?
5.which one is better match for ATI 5850 ?
6.which one takes More from PSU or Simply : which one will Work Quitly without needing of anyother Payment in Future
7.anyway does it worth to get Phenom 965 for Heavy Games ?

pete3867

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
A...
1.. well yes there is a difference, BUT , with the video card you are going to use I dont think you will get many fps difference.
2...absolutely ., the phenom 965 is a beast of a proc and it will make any game fly
3.... about the same
4,,,,,,,,that depends, but both of them should give you 3 years
5..........Phenom....because AMD own ATI , and the chipsets work well together
6..............the i7 is the most powerfull ...but you get what you pay for
7.....................games generally are more dependant on the video card , so what you save on the i7 put it towards the vid card

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
I'd go with the 955BE and overclock it.. There isnt THAT much difference between the 2 tbh..

You'll save a fair bit of money opting for the 955BE which will go towards a better GPU which will prolong the life of the system..

G

Thanks a lot pete , just a few questions :
based on the my Current Location ( living Place ) , CPU that heats Less is better for me , anyway i heard that AMD Consumes lots of Power , is that that important ?because if PSU pay attantion to CPU ,then it will feed my VGA less . i realy worry about it , Intel seem to be Quite Girl which doesnt Cry for everything ! but AMD is better since it can provide me as Intel i5 & matches better with my VGA & costs less then i better go with AMD .

Some things makes me get closer toAMD & something makes me Fall back !
what i should do ?
Wont AMD make Troubles for me ? does it have high enough Technology to Proide me at ANYTHING ?Can u mention how much Difference is ?( BETWEEN intel & AMD )

G

Sorry to ask u these whole Questions , can u please read them all & answer them all that i dont ask them again & again ? thanks a lot my friend

I havnt Owned AMD CPU before , thats why i Little afriad about things that i will lose by geting AMD & forget INTEL .

TRENDING THREADS