Sign in with
Your question

16GB microSD card, formatting error

Last response: in Storage
August 20, 2012 9:51:37 PM

I found a microSD card on the ground the other day, and in lieu of the coming semester, I picked ir up and pocketed it to use later. My only problem is that when I go to format it in my computer, it displays that it will only format it to 30.6 MB of memory. I don't know whether or not it's in RAW, FAT, or FAT32, but I do know that it won't let me access the card via Windows Explorer (I have Black Edition installed on my PC), and I haven't tried with my android phone yet, either. I tried doing the format process in command prompt, and it said that there was an error formatting the card. If it means anything, when I removed the card from my computer, ( I have a built in SD port, using a SanDisk adapter & card), it was almost too hot to touch. Any help with this would be highly appreciated, as I need the portable memory for the coming year, and I recently lost my flash drive. I will include some PC specs below.

Thanks,
Hiram N.

RAM: ~1GB (sad, I know.)
PROCESSOR: intel Pentium 4 (not sure of the speed)
MODEL: HP Pavillion a1473w
1836GB HDD

Thanks again guys and gals, and by the way, my email is hiram.nearanzio3@gmail.com
a c 813 G Storage
August 21, 2012 12:23:36 AM

it sounds like someone threw it away on purpose. its broke.
m
l
a b G Storage
August 21, 2012 2:29:54 AM

I agree with popatim. If it's hot, it's broken. Toss it.
m
l
August 29, 2012 10:24:30 PM

thanks guys, I had a friend of mine return as one he just bought, and now I've got a brand new one. I appreciate the feedback though! Thanks again!
m
l
!