Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

I5 760 vs 1055t

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Build
  • Motherboards
  • Intel i5
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
August 24, 2010 11:19:54 AM

Hi,

Im going to build a new pc but i dont know which cpu i should get. I will use my pc for gaming, word&excel, watching movie...
What motherboard do you guys recommend for the i5 and the 1055t.
My budget for the cpu is €200 and for the motherboard €140
Im from Belgium so i will not use newegg but you can always show me stuff and i will see if it fits in my budget.
My build needs to be futureproof (last for +-4 years).

I hope you guys can help me.

More about : 760 1055t

a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 3:12:35 PM

For single video card:
1055T and ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880G motherboard
i5 760 and GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 P55 motherboard
August 24, 2010 5:06:28 PM

WR2 said:
For single video card:
1055T and ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880G motherboard
i5 760 and GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 P55 motherboard

Which cpu do you recommend?
Related resources
August 24, 2010 5:07:55 PM

Im going to buy a msi gtx 460 cyclone 1gb.
If the 760 is the beter choice i will SLI it in the future.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 5:23:29 PM

760 is generally going to be better. If you're taking OCing into account, the 1055T can definitely OC a good amount but so does the 760. One feature the 760 has which is superior to the 1055T is Turbo Boost. In gaming tho, they're both decent but the 760 is better at gaming, the 1055T is best for full out computation power like video encoding and making zip files.
August 24, 2010 5:45:14 PM

wolfram23 said:
760 is generally going to be better. If you're taking OCing into account, the 1055T can definitely OC a good amount but so does the 760. One feature the 760 has which is superior to the 1055T is Turbo Boost. In gaming tho, they're both decent but the 760 is better at gaming, the 1055T is best for full out computation power like video encoding and making zip files.

Isnt the 1055T better for the future?
Arent six cores going to be used in games in the future?
a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 5:56:56 PM

barrymobiel said:
Aren't six cores going to be used in games in the future?
Where would that leave all the dual core CPUs owners in the future? The game developers have to consider the largest segment of the market, and the lowest reasonable hardware (laptops?) to maximize profits. It's unlikely you'll see a game (or other software) that needs six cores to run well since the majority of PC owners won't have that type of hardware.

GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 is a Crossfire only motherboard (and so it the ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO)
For a SLI motherboard look at the i5-760 and GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P motherboard.


a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 6:04:58 PM

^ that

Another good P55 mobo with SLI is Asus P7P55D Pro. Not sure about their other versions, but this one is really good (what I'm using)
August 24, 2010 6:13:25 PM

WR2 said:
Where would that leave all the dual core CPUs owners in the future? The game developers have to consider the largest segment of the market, and the lowest reasonable hardware (laptops?) to maximize profits. It's unlikely you'll see a game (or other software) that needs six cores to run well since the majority of PC owners won't have that type of hardware.

What i ment was, will the games in the future make use of the 6 cores? If so will the games run better with 6 cores?
a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 6:16:12 PM

barrymobiel said:
Which cpu do you recommend?
There is a pretty good reason the CPU prices are so similar. They're really close in overall performance. Close enough to not make a difference.

For a X6 1055T SLI motherboard you'll need a 980 SLI AM3 motherboard like the ASUS M4N98TD EVO. I couldn't find any reviews - something you'll want to look into before making up your mind.
August 24, 2010 6:21:35 PM

WR2 said:
There is a pretty good reason the CPU prices are so similar. They're really close in overall performance. Close enough to not make a difference.

For a X6 1055T SLI motherboard you'll need a 980 SLI AM3 motherboard like the ASUS M4N98TD EVO. I couldn't find any reviews - something you'll want to look into before making up your mind.

I dont think it has usb 3.0, i would like to have an motherboard that supports usb 3.0
a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 6:27:52 PM

Since AMD competes with Nvidia in the graphics card market you don't see a lot of AM3 SLI motherboards. The 980 SLI are slightly updated 780 SLI motherboards and don't yet have the USB3 SATA6 options you see on the mainstream Intel and AMD motherboards.
August 24, 2010 9:27:11 PM

I hope that in the future more games make use of the 6 cores!
a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 9:38:16 PM

Next year people will be talking about 8 core CPUs. Actually, they're talking about them now.
We've had quad core CPUs out for 3 1/2 year and still people are buying more dual core than quad core CPUs. (maybe not on these forums, but overall).
The game developers will be working a lot harder to make game run well on 2 cores than run well on six, or eight cores.
August 24, 2010 9:38:29 PM

IF i'm going to buy the i5 760 i was thinking of buying MSI P55A-GD65.
Does the mobo support sli?
a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 9:42:44 PM

Yes it does. MSI P55A-GD65
I think that might have been my 2nd choice after the UDP4.
August 24, 2010 10:36:51 PM

The overclockers link is for p55-gd65 not p55A-gd65 and a lot of sites say that is isnt sli but i hope the global site is right
a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 10:38:59 PM

Better do some more checking and see if MSI made some changes and didnt update it's website data.
August 24, 2010 10:42:54 PM

People have the same problem, its not clear if it does support sli or not.
Is the MSI P55A-G65 a good option?
a c 203 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 10:54:09 PM

It's probably worth it to you to give MSI a call ask them. Let them know you checked the website.
NewEgg isn't as authoritative as MSI website but if there is an issue it's wide spread.
August 24, 2010 11:22:08 PM

Do you know if Asrock is a good company for mobo's?
September 5, 2010 4:51:10 PM

WR2 said:
It's probably worth it to you to give MSI a call ask them. Let them know you checked the website.
NewEgg isn't as authoritative as MSI website but if there is an issue it's wide spread.
http://a.imageshack.us/img835/2835/ss042.jpg


According to MSI support, this board do support SLI.