barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
Hi,

Im going to build a new pc but i dont know which cpu i should get. I will use my pc for gaming, word&excel, watching movie...
What motherboard do you guys recommend for the i5 and the 1055t.
My budget for the cpu is €200 and for the motherboard €140
Im from Belgium so i will not use newegg but you can always show me stuff and i will see if it fits in my budget.
My build needs to be futureproof (last for +-4 years).

I hope you guys can help me.

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010

Which cpu do you recommend?

760 is generally going to be better. If you're taking OCing into account, the 1055T can definitely OC a good amount but so does the 760. One feature the 760 has which is superior to the 1055T is Turbo Boost. In gaming tho, they're both decent but the 760 is better at gaming, the 1055T is best for full out computation power like video encoding and making zip files.

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010

Isnt the 1055T better for the future?
Arent six cores going to be used in games in the future?

Where would that leave all the dual core CPUs owners in the future? The game developers have to consider the largest segment of the market, and the lowest reasonable hardware (laptops?) to maximize profits. It's unlikely you'll see a game (or other software) that needs six cores to run well since the majority of PC owners won't have that type of hardware.

GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 is a Crossfire only motherboard (and so it the ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO)
For a SLI motherboard look at the i5-760 and GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P motherboard.

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010

What i ment was, will the games in the future make use of the 6 cores? If so will the games run better with 6 cores?

There is a pretty good reason the CPU prices are so similar. They're really close in overall performance. Close enough to not make a difference.

For a X6 1055T SLI motherboard you'll need a 980 SLI AM3 motherboard like the ASUS M4N98TD EVO. I couldn't find any reviews - something you'll want to look into before making up your mind.

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010

I dont think it has usb 3.0, i would like to have an motherboard that supports usb 3.0

Since AMD competes with Nvidia in the graphics card market you don't see a lot of AM3 SLI motherboards. The 980 SLI are slightly updated 780 SLI motherboards and don't yet have the USB3 SATA6 options you see on the mainstream Intel and AMD motherboards.

Next year people will be talking about 8 core CPUs. Actually, they're talking about them now.
We've had quad core CPUs out for 3 1/2 year and still people are buying more dual core than quad core CPUs. (maybe not on these forums, but overall).
The game developers will be working a lot harder to make game run well on 2 cores than run well on six, or eight cores.

MSI P55A-GD65 website - under Specifications - says it does.
ss040.jpg

MSI P55A-GD65 review @ Overclockerclub shows the SLI link cable in the accessory pack.
10.jpg

It's probably worth it to you to give MSI a call ask them. Let them know you checked the website.
NewEgg isn't as authoritative as MSI website but if there is an issue it's wide spread.
ss042.jpg

TRENDING THREADS