obsol33tsniiper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I am having problems with my computer. I was able to fix an earlier problem where the CPU Q_LED stayed red...found out that a couple pins were bent, I bent them back and I really cannot see where the were bent before. Now my Q_LED light stays on the boot device. My hard drives are working and all of the cables are connected properly. I do not know how to flash my motherboard but I do have a USB flash drive.

Asus Rampage iii Extreme
Intel i7 920
12gb DDR3 OCZ
Crossfire MSI R6950
Kingwin LZG-850 gold plus

My computer worked fine with my Rampage ii Extreme and I just installed this new motherboard...what could be the problem? Is it the bios?

To get a new BIOS go to: http://support.asus.com/ put in your motherboard inso and download the latest bios. Extrace the BIOS and save the .ROM file onto a FAT32 formated flash drive, reboot the computer and go into the BIOS there should be something along the lines of Q-Flash or something like that. Open that and select the .ROM file on the flash drive and press enter, and it will automatically flash the BIOS.

If that doesnt work try removing all your USB devices (even keyboard and mouse) and try booting and see what happens. Some USB devices can cause the computer to hang on boot. Bad RAM will also cause that (happened to me)

obsol33tsniiper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I was able to get the updated bios and it still doesn't work. I did forget to mention that i had found bent cpu pins after my computer failed to boot at first. so my computer was turned on while bent pins were there. could i have shorted it out? also when I had my motherboard out for the first time to set it and see what was wrong i think i noticed a boot countdown timer or something but when i put it back in my case it doesn't boot up right. Are my screws messing it up? i do not have any extra and all 9 are screwed in correctly.

TRENDING THREADS