Poll: What are we playing while waiting?

I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
see how it goes... : )

And y'all?

--
d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
83 answers Last reply

    I have been playing a few things:

    Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)

    Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)

    waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.

    Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box

    Cinefyl
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    world domination, Dani mentioned

    >I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    >It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    >and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    >Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    >see how it goes... : )
    >
    >And y'all?

    Well, I'm still working through TR1 (thanks again PW!) and have TR2
    part completed.

    I'm forging ahead as Oda at the Hard level in "Shogun Total War: The
    Mongol invasion", I have a scenario of "TW:mediaeval" playing as The
    Danes under way, too but MOST recently I dragged out and installed a
    compilation CD I picked up a couple of years ago of three games in the
    fantasy world of Xeen. Currently at Level 10 in Might and Magic III.

    Then there's the laundry and vacuuming to do, which have been waiting
    for months and I really should do some pruning now that Winter's here.

    Busy, busy, busy.

    ..|.
    ..|.
    Rugby players do it with two hookers, in both directions, for forty minutes each way.
    ..|.
    ..|.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Dani wrote:
    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    > see how it goes... : )
    >
    > And y'all?

    Gish, one of the best games I ever played (from my point of view, of
    course). Just amazing, if you like playing with lara I think you'd like
    to play with gish - few basic moves and you can combine them to interact
    with environment in fairly rich way (other than that it's not similar to
    tombraider)

    erik
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
    05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

    Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated
    with the controls.

    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    > see how it goes... : )

    Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
    weren't perfect but it played better (imo).

    > And y'all?

    Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user
    levels ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF
    on-line a bit.

    Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
    Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
    shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
    them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
    seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.

    .... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?

    Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.

    ---
    PW
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    > see how it goes... : )
    >
    > And y'all?
    >
    > --
    > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

    San Andreas or PES3. Though I have a Dark Angel game which I really should
    have a go at seen as it was a gift.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have been playing a few things:
    >
    > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    >
    > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    >
    > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    >
    > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    >
    > Cinefyl

    Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
    game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
    That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    McG.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I have been playing a few things:
    > >
    > > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    > >
    > > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    > >
    > > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    > >
    > > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    > >
    > > Cinefyl
    >
    > Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    > Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    > Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    > restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    > around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
    > game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
    > That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    > McG.

    Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
    putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
    busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
    WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
    THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
    MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
    And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
    *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
    (Master of Orion 2.)

    <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)

    But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
    a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/

    -- G
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have been playing a few things:
    >>>
    >>> Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    >>>
    >>> Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    >>>
    >>> waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    >>>
    >>> Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    >>>
    >>> Cinefyl
    >>
    >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
    >> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
    >> machine.
    >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    >> McG.
    >
    > Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
    > putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
    > busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
    > WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
    > THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
    > MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
    > And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
    > *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
    > (Master of Orion 2.)
    >
    > <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
    >
    > But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
    > a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
    >
    > -- G

    Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
    McG.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I have been playing a few things:
    > >
    > > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    > >
    > > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    > >
    > > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    > >
    > > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    > >
    > > Cinefyl
    >
    > Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    > Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    > Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    > restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    > around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
    > game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
    > That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    > McG.

    The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO know
    they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging through
    the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
    then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from the
    beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"

    Lisa aka Pagemaster
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
    > 05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >

    > Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated
    > with the controls.
    >
    > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    is -
    > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > > see how it goes... : )
    > >

    > Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
    > weren't perfect but it played better (imo).
    >
    > > And y'all?
    > >

    > Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user
    > levels ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF
    > on-line a bit.
    >
    > Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
    > Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
    > shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
    > them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
    > seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.
    >
    > ... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?
    >
    > Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.
    >
    > ---
    > PW

    Oh yeah, also picken' at Prince of Persia a bit at a time. :0)

    Lisa aka Pagemaster
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    > see how it goes... : )
    >
    > And y'all?
    >
    > --
    > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

    Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
    little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox

    Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
    PC.

    Thief 2 PC

    Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)

    Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
    once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
    super-fast vid card...
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message

    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >
    > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    is -
    > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > > see how it goes... : )
    > >
    > > And y'all?
    > >
    > > --
    > > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    > >

    > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
    > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
    >
    > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
    > PC.
    >
    > Thief 2 PC
    >
    > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
    >
    > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
    > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
    > super-fast vid card...

    I am playing custom level "Costa Rica 3" by Daniel Forgues, excellent. Also
    Chaser, (shoot 'em up without having to think much). I do these when I can
    finally get my husband off MS Train Sim and young'un off the internet (must
    get my own PC);)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Dragoncarer wrote:
    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >>
    >>It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    >>and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    >>Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    >>see how it goes... : )
    >>
    >>And y'all?
    >>
    >>--
    >>d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    >>

    > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
    > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
    >
    > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
    > PC.
    >
    > Thief 2 PC
    >
    > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
    >
    > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
    > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
    > super-fast vid card...

    I just finished (for the second time) T2X. It's a fan made expansion of
    13 levels for Theif 2 PC. http://www.thief2x.com/default2.asp If you
    haven't played it yet, it's pretty good.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
    > 05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >

    > Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated
    > with the controls.
    >
    > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    is -
    > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > > see how it goes... : )
    > >

    > Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
    > weren't perfect but it played better (imo).
    >
    > > And y'all?
    > >

    > Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user
    > levels ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF
    > on-line a bit.

    Oh that's right...I have to try and find some copies of thsoe games to try
    them out...maybe a demo somewhere or osmething...

    > Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
    > Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
    > shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
    > them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
    > seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.
    >
    > ... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?
    >
    > Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.
    >
    > ---
    > PW
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    > >
    > > "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have been playing a few things:
    > > >
    > > > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    > > >
    > > > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    > > >
    > > > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    > > >
    > > > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    > > >
    > > > Cinefyl
    > >
    > > Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    > > Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    > > Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    > > restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    > > around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
    > > game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
    > > That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    > > McG.
    >
    > Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
    > putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
    > busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
    > WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
    > THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
    > MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
    > And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
    > *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
    > (Master of Orion 2.)
    >
    > <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
    >
    > But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
    > a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
    >
    > -- G

    Hmmmm....*tagged*
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Well I found a cheat online that doesn't work, lol, so I'm stuck with what
    I've got. I'm halfway through it and yes it does frustrate the hell outta me
    at times.
    I haven't played the first one - will find it and buy it, too.

    What the heck is NOLF?

    Lara at the movies.... which game is that? I'm racking my brain - is that
    Chronicles you're talking about? I'm gonna have to go to Stella's site just
    to refresh my memory, lol.

    I didn't even think about playing user levels. Do you need the PC disc to do
    that?

    Thanks,
    Dani

    "Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
    > 05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >>

    > Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated with
    > the controls.
    >
    >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    >> is - and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    >> see how it goes... : )
    >>

    > Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
    > weren't perfect but it played better (imo).
    >
    >> And y'all?
    >>

    > Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user levels
    > ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF on-line a
    > bit.
    >
    > Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
    > Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
    > shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
    > them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
    > seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.
    >
    > ... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?
    >
    > Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.
    >
    > ---
    > PW
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    My hubby wants Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines, but didn't know if it was
    any good.

    Is it?
    : )
    Dani

    "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message

    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >>
    >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    >> is -
    >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    >> see how it goes... : )
    >>
    >> And y'all?
    >>
    >> --
    >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    >>

    > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
    > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
    >
    > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
    > PC.
    >
    > Thief 2 PC
    >
    > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
    >
    > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
    > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
    > super-fast vid card...

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Oooh ooh!

    I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.

    Are they any good?

    My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and buy
    them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious to
    see how they play.

    Dani

    "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message

    >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > I have been playing a few things:
    >> >
    >> > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    >> >
    >> > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    >> >
    >> > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    >> >
    >> > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    >> >
    >> > Cinefyl
    >>
    >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
    >> game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
    >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    >> McG.
    >
    > The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO
    > know
    > they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging
    > through
    > the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
    > then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from the
    > beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
    >
    > Lisa aka Pagemaster

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have been playing a few things:
    >>>
    >>> Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    >>>
    >>> Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    >>>
    >>> waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    >>>
    >>> Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    >>>
    >>> Cinefyl
    >>
    >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
    >> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
    >> machine.
    >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    >> McG.
    >
    > The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You
    > DO know they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently
    > slogging through the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about
    > half way through and then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided
    > to play it again from the beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and
    > "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
    >
    > Lisa aka Pagemaster

    TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :) They could have
    made the screens a little bigger :) Even in the first sequence, there
    is interesting stuff.
    McG.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    > see how it goes... : )
    >
    > And y'all?
    >
    > --
    > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

    Games played in recent months :
    Syberia I and II
    The Longest Journey
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Far Cry - and online
    Half Life 2 ditto
    Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only to
    HL2 for me

    and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as an
    ongoing all time fave :) with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

    To play:

    Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;) )
    Chronicles of Riddick

    If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
    controls just as much or even better :) I played TR on PSX first and then
    again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
    have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)

    Dungeonbunny
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Doom 3 scared the hell outta me at first - hubby plays it with the lights
    off and the sound up. I've been helping him along when he gets stuck (had to
    buy the walkthrough for him).

    I'm gonna have to try these other game y'all have been posting on here.
    Interesting names for them all!

    Thanks,
    : )

    Dani

    "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
    message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...

    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >>
    >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    >> is -
    >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    >> see how it goes... : )
    >>
    >> And y'all?
    >>
    >> --
    >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    >

    > Games played in recent months :
    > Syberia I and II
    > The Longest Journey
    > Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    > Far Cry - and online
    > Half Life 2 ditto
    > Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
    > Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
    > HL2 for me
    >

    > and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as
    > an
    > ongoing all time fave :) with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
    >
    > To play:
    >
    > Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;) )
    > Chronicles of Riddick
    >
    > If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
    > controls just as much or even better :) I played TR on PSX first and then
    > again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
    > have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
    >
    > Dungeonbunny

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht

    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    > see how it goes... : )
    >
    > And y'all?

    Did play PoPSoT, which was great, but haven't been playing anything for a
    while.
    Been busy making trips to firework-festivals in Spain and Italy and after
    that I had to go through hundreds of pictures (still not finished).
    Two months ago started riding my bike again. Riding 3 times a week doesn't
    leave much time for gaming, because there are also people in Real-Life who
    need some attention.

    Been thinking about playing Ravenshield with some friends, though.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Well, that livened up the n.g. for a day - anybody else wanna chip in? LOL
    Dani

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
    > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
    > see how it goes... : )
    >
    > And y'all?
    >
    > --
    > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Is anyone playing custom levels? I'm surprised noone's mentioned these yet.

    There are so many, and a lot of them are even better than some of the
    originals.

    Great way to kill time waiting for future commercial releases....

    Brendon
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
    05/31/2005 04:20 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > Well I found a cheat online that doesn't work, lol, so I'm stuck with what
    > I've got. I'm halfway through it and yes it does frustrate the hell outta me
    > at times.
    > I haven't played the first one - will find it and buy it, too.
    >
    > What the heck is NOLF?

    No One Lives Forever.

    I posted a description of it not too long ago if you can find it ...
    Short version: FPS, Spoof on 60's spy movies, free roaming terrains
    (like TR), very entertaining, and yet some parts are very challenging.
    Mostly a shooter, but often requires stealth.

    > Lara at the movies.... which game is that? I'm racking my brain - is that
    > Chronicles you're talking about? I'm gonna have to go to Stella's site just
    > to refresh my memory, lol.

    Its a collection of user levels (about 18-20 I think). You can find it
    here: http://www.trle.net/ *if* you have the bandwidth!

    Its got some good points and bad points, but I'd say the good wins out.
    The levels tend to be "technical" in places, by that I mean seemingly
    taking advantage of scenery bugs on purpose. But most of them are
    unique and entertaining.

    In MiB terms, they are "the best of the best of the best, *sir*" (for
    2004 anyway).

    They are linked together using a movies theatre where you enter a chain
    of levels (location?) by entering the movie. But you have puzzles in
    the movie theatre itself to get past as well.

    > I didn't even think about playing user levels. Do you need the PC disc to do
    > that?

    The TR level editor (TRLE) came with Chronicles for the PC. You have to
    have the editor to play the user levels. If you're not on a PC, then
    .... uh ... forget I said anything ...

    > Thanks,
    > Dani

    <snip>
    >>---
    >>PW

  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Oooh ooh!
    >
    > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
    >
    > Are they any good?
    >
    > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
    buy
    > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
    > see how they play.
    >
    > Dani

    Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of course,
    Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)

    Lisa aka Pagemaster
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
    message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...

    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >
    > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    is -
    > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > > see how it goes... : )
    > >
    > > And y'all?
    > >
    > > --
    > > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    >

    > Games played in recent months :
    > Syberia I and II
    > The Longest Journey
    > Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    > Far Cry - and online
    > Half Life 2 ditto
    > Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
    > Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
    > HL2 for me
    >

    > and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as
    an
    > ongoing all time fave :) with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
    >
    > To play:
    >
    > Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;) )
    > Chronicles of Riddick
    >
    > If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
    > controls just as much or even better :) I played TR on PSX first and then
    > again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
    > have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
    >
    > Dungeonbunny

    Hi Dungeon Bunny! It's good to see some of the regulars starting to filter
    back in.

    Lisa aka Pagemaster
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > > McGrandpa wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    > >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    > >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    > >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    > >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
    > >> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
    > >> machine.
    > >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    > >> McG.
    > >
    > > Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
    > > putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
    > > busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
    > > WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
    > > THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
    > > MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
    > > And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
    > > *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
    > > (Master of Orion 2.)
    > >
    > > <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
    > >
    > > But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
    > > a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
    > >
    > > -- G
    >
    > Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
    > McG.

    We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
    (is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
    Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
    chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
    the house! ;)

    -- G
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Lisa Smith wrote:

    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > Oooh ooh!
    > >
    > > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
    > >
    > > Are they any good?
    > >
    > > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
    > buy
    > > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
    > > see how they play.
    > >
    > > Dani
    >
    > Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of course,
    > Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)
    >
    > Lisa aka Pagemaster

    As I read all these comments about other games, it occurs to
    me that most of the time we aren't really telling each other
    very much. If one person likes game X, that's great, but how
    do others know they'll like it?

    -- G
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Brendon Terry" <bjterry@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Is anyone playing custom levels? I'm surprised noone's mentioned these
    yet.

    > There are so many, and a lot of them are even better than some of the
    > originals.
    >
    > Great way to kill time waiting for future commercial releases....
    >

    > Brendon

    Hi Brendon - see my post above. These levels have kept me going with TR for
    years!! Must have played about 150 so far - don't know what I'd have done
    without them (that's how sad I am!!!) ;)

    Valcor
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    It took my completely by surprise when Dani typed:

    > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    >
    > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    > is - and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely
    > on Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC
    > version and see how it goes... : )
    >
    > And y'all?

    I suspect I'll be waiting a while, 'cos I've got no plans to update my
    hardware anytime soon! ;-)

    As for other games...

    I've just slogged through (again) the curiously flawed Daikatana (which I
    don't think I'll be bothering with again, I just wanted a blast-em-up for a
    change), I've got a big TR custom level on the go (whos name escapes me at
    the moment...something about Puzzle of... something or other? its got lots
    of...puzzles, and a bit of shooting...I'll repost tonight with the name. Its
    good. And deserves the pops), and as always, Sim City 3000 in the
    background, for when my megalomania takes over :-)

    Duncan
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

    >>> Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
    >>> putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
    >>> busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
    >>> WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
    >>> THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
    >>> MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
    >>> And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
    >>> *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
    >>> (Master of Orion 2.)
    >>>
    >>> <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
    >>>
    >>> But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
    >>> a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
    >>>
    >>> -- G
    >>
    >> Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
    >> McG.
    >
    > We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
    > (is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
    > Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
    > chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
    > the house! ;)
    >
    > -- G

    That's a lot like Morrowind. Nothing is ever exactly the same each time
    you start a new game. Yeah, you start out exactly the same way. Then,
    you step off the ship... I can't wait to see what ES IV is like,
    Oblivion.
    McG.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Valcor" <Sue@vcormack.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > > >
    > > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    > is -
    > > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    > and
    > > > see how it goes... : )
    > > >
    > > > And y'all?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    > > >

    > > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
    > > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
    > >
    > > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan
    2006!!)
    > > PC.
    > >
    > > Thief 2 PC
    > >
    > > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
    > >
    > > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
    > > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
    > > super-fast vid card...
    > >

    > I am playing custom level "Costa Rica 3" by Daniel Forgues, excellent.
    Also
    > Chaser, (shoot 'em up without having to think much). I do these when I can
    > finally get my husband off MS Train Sim and young'un off the internet
    (must
    > get my own PC);)

    Custom levels for which game?

    Vamp?!?!?!?!?!?

  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Dragoncarer wrote:
    > > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >>
    > >>It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    is -
    > >>and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > >>Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > >>see how it goes... : )
    > >>
    > >>And y'all?
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    > >>

    > > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
    > > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
    > >
    > > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan
    2006!!)
    > > PC.
    > >
    > > Thief 2 PC
    > >
    > > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
    > >
    > > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
    > > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
    > > super-fast vid card...
    > >

    > I just finished (for the second time) T2X. It's a fan made expansion of
    > 13 levels for Theif 2 PC. http://www.thief2x.com/default2.asp If you
    > haven't played it yet, it's pretty good.

    I've heard of it, and it's definitely on my list...but first I want to
    finish Thief 2! I'm at the sheriff's house mission, where I have to confront
    him. It's bugging me because I can't quite seem to work out how to get
    inside.
    I've also got a couple of assignments to do...very interesting, lvoely,
    exiciting literature assignments, but they do take up all of my time. Soon
    soon!!
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message

    > > "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have been playing a few things:
    > > >
    > > > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
    > > >
    > > > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
    > > >
    > > > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
    > > >
    > > > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
    > > >
    > > > Cinefyl
    > >
    > > Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    > > Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    > > Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    > > restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    > > around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
    > > game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
    > > That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    > > McG.
    >
    > The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO
    know
    > they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging
    through
    > the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
    > then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from the
    > beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
    >
    > Lisa aka Pagemaster

    Hehe! I, too, love TLJ and am super excited about Dreamfall....they reckon
    November for release! *excitement!*.
    Syberia 2 is good...short, but good. And Oddowrld SW....ahhh...I can
    remember while I was playing it, thinking 'I haven't played a game I've
    enjoyed quite so much for such a long time'. Especially for the console.
    Brilliant level design, brilliant graphcis. Fantastic storyline. Great
    characters with what I felt was true depth. A couple of surprises I really
    didn't see coming. An unusual and intriguing gameplay style. Fantastic voice
    acting.

    All in all that game is a pretty good package.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > My hubby wants Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines, but didn't know if it
    was
    > any good.
    >
    > Is it?
    > : )
    > Dani

    Weeee----elll!

    Begin excitement rant! (Summary: It's a very, very good game, highly, highly
    recommend...but beware if you're using anything less than the equivalent of
    an ATI Radeon 9600 vid card).

    OK, I played it just when I'd discovered the wonderfully talented author,
    Tanya Huff. I had also just borrowed and finished reading the first in the
    Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. So I was in a vampy mood.

    Nonetheless, I find it to be really, really good.

    Now my PC is a pretty decent setup, it plays the newest games pretty well
    (Doom3 for instance I can hive with high detail settings and I think
    1280x1024 resolution - no mean feat with that engine!)...BUT VTMB was
    sometimes a little chuinky. Unfortunetely I had to lower all detail settings
    and play it at 1024x768 or whatever that resolution is. Considering VTMB is
    quite a bit older than Doom3, that's kinda strange. It also took a very long
    time to install (some people out there couldn't get it to install at all,
    but there *are* solutions to the problem) and level loading took forever.
    But that was OK because I'd bring a Tanya Huff book here into the computer
    room and just read it while I was waiting for the game to load! lol...
    It also went a bit chunky just after a load etc. Occasionally the dialogue
    options would be a bit confusing, because responses would be to information
    that you hadn't actually received....but they were not frequent and I could
    look beyond them.

    BUT, putting aside those sour grapes (and they are pretty minor), It's a
    GREAT game.
    Very RPG - you have a character stats board that you can use experience
    points on to upgrade certain attributes, lots of options to choose your own
    'voice' (as in, what you say to whom and why). Lots of little things all
    throughout that are fantastic.

    For instance, you can choose to upgrade your seduction or intimidation or
    persuasion feats. And if they're high enough, you can, say, seduce someone
    into following you into a dark alley and you've got a ncie fresh meal!

    Or you can build up your lockpicking feat so you can break in to lots of
    places and steal stuff.

    And there's plenty of Vampire 'magic' to play around with.

    You can build up your melee or ranged weapons - so you can use such
    wonderful weapons as a Firemen's axe or an SMG.

    It's also a fantastic story, with a couple of twists that I didn't see
    coming and then was like 'no! I don't believe you! She's fantastic, she's
    not a double crosser! No!'....so I got pretty immersed in the game.

    I really, really liked it.
    And there are 3-4 endings. I've done one, but because of the graphics
    whatsits I'm going to wait until I've bought a hihg-end graph card before I
    play it again.

    I truly, truly recommend it.

    Rant over!

    > "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >>
    > >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    > >> is -
    > >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > >> see how it goes... : )
    > >>
    > >> And y'all?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    > >>

    > > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
    > > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
    > >
    > > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan
    2006!!)
    > > PC.
    > >
    > > Thief 2 PC
    > >
    > > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
    > >
    > > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
    > > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
    > > super-fast vid card...

  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Oooh ooh!
    >
    > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
    >
    > Are they any good?

    In my other post, I said Oddworld SW was excellent. It really is, you should
    definitely get that. Area 51? I dunno, but it's an FPS so I tend to avoid
    those...

    > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
    buy
    > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
    > see how they play.

    That's a really good idea. Do you have Electronics Boutique stores in your
    location? Here in Australia they have a no-fuss 7 day return policy...you
    can buy it and have it for up to 7 days and then return it, no problems.
    It's good for trying games out to see if you like them.

    > Dani
    >
    > "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    > >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    > >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    > >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    > >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
    > >> game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
    > >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    > >> McG.
    > >
    > > The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO
    > > know
    > > they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging
    > > through
    > > the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
    > > then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from
    the
    > > beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
    > >
    > > Lisa aka Pagemaster

  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
    message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...

    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >
    > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    is -
    > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > > see how it goes... : )
    > >
    > > And y'all?
    > >
    > > --
    > > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    >

    > Games played in recent months :
    > Syberia I and II
    > The Longest Journey
    > Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    > Far Cry - and online
    > Half Life 2 ditto
    > Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
    > Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
    > HL2 for me

    It's interesting how many people have played or are playing TLJ! Goes to
    show just how good a game it is, perhaps. A true classic...

    > and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as
    an
    > ongoing all time fave :) with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
    >
    > To play:
    >
    > Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;) )
    > Chronicles of Riddick
    >
    > If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
    > controls just as much or even better :) I played TR on PSX first and then
    > again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
    > have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
    >
    > Dungeonbunny

  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Doom 3 scared the hell outta me at first - hubby plays it with the lights
    > off and the sound up. I've been helping him along when he gets stuck (had
    > buy the walkthrough for him).

    lol...but you have to turn the lights off otherwise you can't see anything!

    It's like Thief 2...I can only play that at night with no lights, so I can
    see what's happening!

    > I'm gonna have to try these other game y'all have been posting on here.
    > Interesting names for them all!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > : )
    >
    > Dani
    >

    > "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
    > message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...
    > >
    > > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >>
    > >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    > >> is -
    > >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > >> see how it goes... : )
    > >>
    > >> And y'all?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    > >

    > > Games played in recent months :
    > > Syberia I and II
    > > The Longest Journey
    > > Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    > > Far Cry - and online
    > > Half Life 2 ditto
    > > Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
    > > Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
    > > HL2 for me
    > >

    > > and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind
    as
    > > an
    > > ongoing all time fave :) with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
    > >
    > > To play:
    > >
    > > Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;) )
    > > Chronicles of Riddick
    > >
    > > If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
    > > controls just as much or even better :) I played TR on PSX first and
    then
    > > again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls-
    > > have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
    > >
    > > Dungeonbunny

  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Doom 3 scared the hell outta me at first - hubby plays it with the lights
    > off and the sound up. I've been helping him along when he gets stuck (had
    > buy the walkthrough for him).
    >
    > I'm gonna have to try these other game y'all have been posting on here.
    > Interesting names for them all!

    You should also look for a copy of The Longest Journey. It's good and cheap
    now....but still a great game. I'm planning on replaying it over the next
    couple of months in readiness for its sequel.

    > Thanks,
    > : )
    >
    > Dani
    >

    > "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
    > message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...
    > >
    > > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >>
    > >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    > >> is -
    > >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > >> see how it goes... : )
    > >>
    > >> And y'all?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
    > >

    > > Games played in recent months :
    > > Syberia I and II
    > > The Longest Journey
    > > Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    > > Far Cry - and online
    > > Half Life 2 ditto
    > > Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
    > > Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
    > > HL2 for me
    > >

    > > and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind
    as
    > > an
    > > ongoing all time fave :) with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
    > >
    > > To play:
    > >
    > > Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;) )
    > > Chronicles of Riddick
    > >
    > > If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
    > > controls just as much or even better :) I played TR on PSX first and
    then
    > > again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls-
    > > have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
    > >
    > > Dungeonbunny

  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    > > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
    > >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
    > >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
    > >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
    > >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
    > >> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
    > >> machine.
    > >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
    > >> McG.
    > >
    > > The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You
    > > DO know they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently
    > > slogging through the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about
    > > half way through and then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided
    > > to play it again from the beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and
    > > "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
    > >
    > > Lisa aka Pagemaster
    >
    > TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :) They could have
    > made the screens a little bigger :) Even in the first sequence, there
    > is interesting stuff.
    > McG.

    Personally, I believe it's one of the best games I've ever played.

  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    >> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    >>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You
    >>> DO know they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently
    >>> slogging through the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about
    >>> half way through and then switched to the X-Box version, so I
    >>> decided to play it again from the beginning. Also playing "Area 51"
    >>> and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
    >>>
    >>> Lisa aka Pagemaster
    >>
    >> TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :) They could have
    >> made the screens a little bigger :) Even in the first sequence,
    >> there is interesting stuff.
    >> McG.
    >>

    > Personally, I believe it's one of the best games I've ever played.

    It's definitely original, and story driven :)
    McG.
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Well, that livened up the n.g. for a day - anybody else wanna chip in? LOL
    > Dani

    I just thought, if you want ideas on games to buy and what not try
    www.gamespot.com. They have reviews and stuff, and their ratings are pretty
    accurate. They also have user ratings too, so you can see how other people
    fetlt about certain games. I tend to browse there every few months to see
    what's coming up.

    Bewarned! The reviews do tend to get a bit lengthy and boring, and
    spoilerish...I tend to skim read them and just look at the screens lol!

    > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    > >
    > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
    is -
    > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
    > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
    and
    > > see how it goes... : )
    > >
    > > And y'all?
    > >
    > > --
    > > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Thunderchief said...

    Edit!

    The levels I'm currently playing are The Mystery of the Northern Star by
    Masha.

    Good stuff! :-)
    Duncan
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Lisa Smith wrote:
    > >
    > > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > > Oooh ooh!
    > > >
    > > > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
    > > >
    > > > Are they any good?
    > > >
    > > > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go
    and
    > > buy
    > > > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am
    anxious
    > > > see how they play.
    > > >
    > > > Dani
    > >
    > > Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of
    course,
    > > Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)
    > >
    > > Lisa aka Pagemaster
    >
    > As I read all these comments about other games, it occurs to
    > me that most of the time we aren't really telling each other
    > very much. If one person likes game X, that's great, but how
    > do others know they'll like it?

    Well....if it sound like a game you might like, you can then google it or
    somesuch or ask the person for more information...like Dani and Vampire the
    Masquerade Bloodlines.

    It's also quite likely that a group of people who enjoy TR might also enjoy
    other games...like Oni and TLJ and PoP, for instance. PoP and Oni are
    actually sort of similar....it seems to me that a lot of people that like TR
    here have also at least played those games.

    > -- G
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
    > > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message

    > >> TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :) They could have
    > >> made the screens a little bigger :) Even in the first sequence,
    > >> there is interesting stuff.
    > >> McG.
    > >>

    > > Personally, I believe it's one of the best games I've ever played.
    >
    > It's definitely original, and story driven :)
    > McG.

    I also really like the writing...it's good to play games that can a) make
    fun of themselves (very post-modern metafiction!) and b) are willing to make
    'mature' jokes, rather than just swearing to sound, I dunno, 'cool' or
    stupid unfunny jokes that are so patently contrived, ergo, unfunny.

    I don't think that makes much sense.
    Well, it is 12:24 am and time to go watch X Files....ho hum di dum do dummsy
    dum dum.

    Just been playing some more Thief 2....up to mission 'Blood'...if anyone's
    interested. Crazy. Utterly crazy.

  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > > McGrandpa wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

    > >> Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
    > >> McG.
    > >
    > > We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
    > > (is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
    > > Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
    > > chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
    > > the house! ;)
    > >
    > > -- G
    >
    > That's a lot like Morrowind. Nothing is ever exactly the same each time
    > you start a new game. Yeah, you start out exactly the same way. Then,
    > you step off the ship... I can't wait to see what ES IV is like,
    > Oblivion.
    > McG.

    Hey hey! So I noticed the other day that EB have these big bins in their
    stores full of those cheapo Red Ant re-releases of 'classics'...AND they
    have buy 2, get 1 free (or, really, buy three and one of them will be free,
    but anyway...)...So I got Morrowind, Grandia II (did some research before I
    bought it, it sounds interesting) and Battle Mages.

    So when I've finished playing Thief 2, I'll start on Morrowind (again!)..I
    played a bit of it on Xbox a long time ago...but now that I own a copy all
    to myself, yay! I promise to give it a good shot...I weally weally do!
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

    >>> We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
    >>> (is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
    >>> Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
    >>> chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
    >>> the house! ;)
    >>>
    >>> -- G
    >>
    >> That's a lot like Morrowind. Nothing is ever exactly the same each
    >> time you start a new game. Yeah, you start out exactly the same
    >> way. Then, you step off the ship... I can't wait to see what ES IV
    >> is like, Oblivion.
    >> McG.
    >>

    > Hey hey! So I noticed the other day that EB have these big bins in
    > their stores full of those cheapo Red Ant re-releases of
    > 'classics'...AND they have buy 2, get 1 free (or, really, buy three
    > and one of them will be free, but anyway...)...So I got Morrowind,
    > Grandia II (did some research before I bought it, it sounds
    > interesting) and Battle Mages.
    >
    > So when I've finished playing Thief 2, I'll start on Morrowind
    > (again!)..I played a bit of it on Xbox a long time ago...but now that
    > I own a copy all to myself, yay! I promise to give it a good shot...I
    > weally weally do!

    Hm. Other people do "finish" Morrowind. I never will, nor will I stop
    playing it :) With Morrowing, it's open ended. There is no "Game Over"
    :)
    Did you get it for the PC or the console this time?
    McG.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned

    >Lisa Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> > Oooh ooh!
    >> >
    >> > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
    >> >
    >> > Are they any good?
    >> >
    >> > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
    >> buy
    >> > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
    >> > see how they play.
    >> >
    >> > Dani
    >>
    >> Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of course,
    >> Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)
    >>
    >> Lisa aka Pagemaster
    >
    >As I read all these comments about other games, it occurs to
    >me that most of the time we aren't really telling each other
    >very much. If one person likes game X, that's great, but how
    >do others know they'll like it?
    >
    > -- G

    The way to get around THAT problem is to discuss between ourselves a
    system of categories (graphics, good writing, cool actions available
    etc etc etc ) and then post regularly a blank review form for anybody
    to fill out for a particular game. Collect a bunch of responses for
    each game reviewed and average out the scoring system.

    Now, ISTR that there are various gaming sites that already DO that for
    us, so how about we discuss the rating systems THEY use and refer each
    other there?
    ..
    ..
    "When in danger or in doubt,