Poll: What are we playing while waiting?

Tags:
  • Playstation
  • Computers
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 31, 2005 5:31:54 AM

I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
see how it goes... : )

And y'all?

--
d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

More about : poll playing waiting

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:31:55 AM

I have been playing a few things:

Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)

Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)

waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.

Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box

Cinefyl
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:31:55 AM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Dani mentioned

>I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
>It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
>and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
>Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
>see how it goes... : )
>
>And y'all?

Well, I'm still working through TR1 (thanks again PW!) and have TR2
part completed.

I'm forging ahead as Oda at the Hard level in "Shogun Total War: The
Mongol invasion", I have a scenario of "TW:mediaeval" playing as The
Danes under way, too but MOST recently I dragged out and installed a
compilation CD I picked up a couple of years ago of three games in the
fantasy world of Xeen. Currently at Level 10 in Might and Magic III.

Then there's the laundry and vacuuming to do, which have been waiting
for months and I really should do some pruning now that Winter's here.

Busy, busy, busy.

..|.
..|.
Rugby players do it with two hookers, in both directions, for forty minutes each way.
..|.
..|.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:31:55 AM

Dani wrote:
> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
> see how it goes... : )
>
> And y'all?

Gish, one of the best games I ever played (from my point of view, of
course). Just amazing, if you like playing with lara I think you'd like
to play with gish - few basic moves and you can combine them to interact
with environment in fairly rich way (other than that it's not similar to
tombraider)

erik
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:19:53 AM

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated
with the controls.

> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
> see how it goes... : )

Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
weren't perfect but it played better (imo).

> And y'all?

Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user
levels ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF
on-line a bit.

Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.

.... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?

Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.

---
PW
May 31, 2005 7:09:34 AM

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
> see how it goes... : )
>
> And y'all?
>
> --
> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

San Andreas or PES3. Though I have a Dark Angel game which I really should
have a go at seen as it was a gift.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 7:51:21 AM

"cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been playing a few things:
>
> Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
>
> Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
>
> waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
>
> Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
>
> Cinefyl

Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
McG.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 10:30:17 AM

McGrandpa wrote:

> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have been playing a few things:
> >
> > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
> >
> > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
> >
> > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
> >
> > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
> >
> > Cinefyl
>
> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
> game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
> McG.

Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
*SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
(Master of Orion 2.)

<ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)

But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/

-- G
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:10:10 PM

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have been playing a few things:
>>>
>>> Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
>>>
>>> Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
>>>
>>> waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
>>>
>>> Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
>>>
>>> Cinefyl
>>
>> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
>> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
>> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
>> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
>> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
>> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
>> machine.
>> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
>> McG.
>
> Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
> putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
> busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
> WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
> THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
> MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
> And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
> *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
> (Master of Orion 2.)
>
> <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
>
> But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
> a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
>
> -- G

Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
McG.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:10:42 PM

> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have been playing a few things:
> >
> > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
> >
> > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
> >
> > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
> >
> > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
> >
> > Cinefyl
>
> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
> game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
> McG.

The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO know
they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging through
the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from the
beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"

Lisa aka Pagemaster
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:12:43 PM

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D RPme.84403$w15.76826@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
> 05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >

> Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated
> with the controls.
>
> > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
is -
> > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> > see how it goes... : )
> >

> Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
> weren't perfect but it played better (imo).
>
> > And y'all?
> >

> Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user
> levels ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF
> on-line a bit.
>
> Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
> Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
> shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
> them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
> seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.
>
> ... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?
>
> Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.
>
> ---
> PW

Oh yeah, also picken' at Prince of Persia a bit at a time. :0)

Lisa aka Pagemaster
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:40:47 PM

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
> see how it goes... : )
>
> And y'all?
>
> --
> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox

Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
PC.

Thief 2 PC

Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)

Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
super-fast vid card...
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:40:48 PM

"Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >
> > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
is -
> > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> > see how it goes... : )
> >
> > And y'all?
> >
> > --
> > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
> >

> Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
> little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
>
> Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
> PC.
>
> Thief 2 PC
>
> Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
>
> Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
> once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
> super-fast vid card...

I am playing custom level "Costa Rica 3" by Daniel Forgues, excellent. Also
Chaser, (shoot 'em up without having to think much). I do these when I can
finally get my husband off MS Train Sim and young'un off the internet (must
get my own PC);)
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:40:48 PM

Dragoncarer wrote:
> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>>
>>It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
>>and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
>>Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
>>see how it goes... : )
>>
>>And y'all?
>>
>>--
>>d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
>>

> Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
> little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
>
> Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
> PC.
>
> Thief 2 PC
>
> Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
>
> Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
> once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
> super-fast vid card...

I just finished (for the second time) T2X. It's a fan made expansion of
13 levels for Theif 2 PC. http://www.thief2x.com/default2.asp If you
haven't played it yet, it's pretty good.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:41:30 PM

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D RPme.84403$w15.76826@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
> 05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >

> Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated
> with the controls.
>
> > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
is -
> > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> > see how it goes... : )
> >

> Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
> weren't perfect but it played better (imo).
>
> > And y'all?
> >

> Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user
> levels ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF
> on-line a bit.

Oh that's right...I have to try and find some copies of thsoe games to try
them out...maybe a demo somewhere or osmething...

> Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
> Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
> shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
> them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
> seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.
>
> ... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?
>
> Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.
>
> ---
> PW
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:42:53 PM

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
> >
> > "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I have been playing a few things:
> > >
> > > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
> > >
> > > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
> > >
> > > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
> > >
> > > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
> > >
> > > Cinefyl
> >
> > Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
> > Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
> > Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
> > restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
> > around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
> > game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
> > That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
> > McG.
>
> Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
> putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
> busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
> WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
> THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
> MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
> And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
> *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
> (Master of Orion 2.)
>
> <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
>
> But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
> a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
>
> -- G

Hmmmm....*tagged*
June 1, 2005 12:20:37 AM

Well I found a cheat online that doesn't work, lol, so I'm stuck with what
I've got. I'm halfway through it and yes it does frustrate the hell outta me
at times.
I haven't played the first one - will find it and buy it, too.

What the heck is NOLF?

Lara at the movies.... which game is that? I'm racking my brain - is that
Chronicles you're talking about? I'm gonna have to go to Stella's site just
to refresh my memory, lol.

I didn't even think about playing user levels. Do you need the PC disc to do
that?

Thanks,
Dani

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D RPme.84403$w15.76826@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
> 05/30/2005 09:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
>> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>>

> Ummm. I have it. Haven't finished. Got bored and a bit frustrated with
> the controls.
>
>> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
>> is - and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
>> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
>> see how it goes... : )
>>

> Glad you like. I prefer the first (3D) game in the line. Its controls
> weren't perfect but it played better (imo).
>
>> And y'all?
>>

> Nothing, really. Trying to keep myself entertained by playing user levels
> ... and NOLF and NOLF2, for about the 4th time ... oh, and NOLF on-line a
> bit.
>
> Speaking of which, Ive got myself stuck in theatre 3 of "Lara at the
> Movies" (can't remember the level name). Seems the openings are an odd
> shape and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to get Lara into
> them. Can't pull up, can't jump in, can't "action-forward" ... nothing
> seems to work... so I've even stopped playing user levels.
>
> ... but you didn't come here to hear all that, did you?
>
> Straight answer ... virtually nothing right now.
>
> ---
> PW
June 1, 2005 12:22:16 AM

My hubby wants Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines, but didn't know if it was
any good.

Is it?
: )
Dani

"Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>>
>> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
>> is -
>> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
>> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
>> see how it goes... : )
>>
>> And y'all?
>>
>> --
>> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
>>

> Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
> little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
>
> Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan 2006!!)
> PC.
>
> Thief 2 PC
>
> Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
>
> Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
> once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
> super-fast vid card...

June 1, 2005 12:25:18 AM

Oooh ooh!

I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.

Are they any good?

My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and buy
them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious to
see how they play.

Dani

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message

>> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I have been playing a few things:
>> >
>> > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
>> >
>> > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
>> >
>> > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
>> >
>> > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
>> >
>> > Cinefyl
>>
>> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
>> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
>> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
>> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
>> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
>> game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
>> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
>> McG.
>
> The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO
> know
> they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging
> through
> the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
> then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from the
> beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:19:02 AM

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have been playing a few things:
>>>
>>> Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
>>>
>>> Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
>>>
>>> waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
>>>
>>> Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
>>>
>>> Cinefyl
>>
>> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
>> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
>> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
>> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
>> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
>> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
>> machine.
>> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
>> McG.
>
> The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You
> DO know they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently
> slogging through the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about
> half way through and then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided
> to play it again from the beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and
> "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :)  They could have
made the screens a little bigger :)  Even in the first sequence, there
is interesting stuff.
McG.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 2:01:54 AM

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
> see how it goes... : )
>
> And y'all?
>
> --
> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

Games played in recent months :
Syberia I and II
The Longest Journey
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Far Cry - and online
Half Life 2 ditto
Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only to
HL2 for me

and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as an
ongoing all time fave :)  with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

To play:

Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;)  )
Chronicles of Riddick

If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
controls just as much or even better :)  I played TR on PSX first and then
again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)

Dungeonbunny
June 1, 2005 2:01:55 AM

Doom 3 scared the hell outta me at first - hubby plays it with the lights
off and the sound up. I've been helping him along when he gets stuck (had to
buy the walkthrough for him).

I'm gonna have to try these other game y'all have been posting on here.
Interesting names for them all!

Thanks,
: )

Dani

"Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>>
>> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
>> is -
>> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
>> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
>> see how it goes... : )
>>
>> And y'all?
>>
>> --
>> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
>

> Games played in recent months :
> Syberia I and II
> The Longest Journey
> Return to Castle Wolfenstein
> Far Cry - and online
> Half Life 2 ditto
> Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
> Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
> HL2 for me
>

> and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as
> an
> ongoing all time fave :)  with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
>
> To play:
>
> Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;)  )
> Chronicles of Riddick
>
> If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
> controls just as much or even better :)  I played TR on PSX first and then
> again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
> have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
>
> Dungeonbunny

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:15:28 AM

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht

> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
> see how it goes... : )
>
> And y'all?

Did play PoPSoT, which was great, but haven't been playing anything for a
while.
Been busy making trips to firework-festivals in Spain and Italy and after
that I had to go through hundreds of pictures (still not finished).
Two months ago started riding my bike again. Riding 3 times a week doesn't
leave much time for gaming, because there are also people in Real-Life who
need some attention.

Been thinking about playing Ravenshield with some friends, though.
June 1, 2005 4:12:29 AM

Well, that livened up the n.g. for a day - anybody else wanna chip in? LOL
Dani

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it is -
> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version and
> see how it goes... : )
>
> And y'all?
>
> --
> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:45:19 AM

Is anyone playing custom levels? I'm surprised noone's mentioned these yet.

There are so many, and a lot of them are even better than some of the
originals.

Great way to kill time waiting for future commercial releases....

Brendon
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 5:00:48 AM

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dani was heard, at about
05/31/2005 04:20 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> Well I found a cheat online that doesn't work, lol, so I'm stuck with what
> I've got. I'm halfway through it and yes it does frustrate the hell outta me
> at times.
> I haven't played the first one - will find it and buy it, too.
>
> What the heck is NOLF?

No One Lives Forever.

I posted a description of it not too long ago if you can find it ...
Short version: FPS, Spoof on 60's spy movies, free roaming terrains
(like TR), very entertaining, and yet some parts are very challenging.
Mostly a shooter, but often requires stealth.

> Lara at the movies.... which game is that? I'm racking my brain - is that
> Chronicles you're talking about? I'm gonna have to go to Stella's site just
> to refresh my memory, lol.

Its a collection of user levels (about 18-20 I think). You can find it
here: http://www.trle.net/ *if* you have the bandwidth!

Its got some good points and bad points, but I'd say the good wins out.
The levels tend to be "technical" in places, by that I mean seemingly
taking advantage of scenery bugs on purpose. But most of them are
unique and entertaining.

In MiB terms, they are "the best of the best of the best, *sir*" (for
2004 anyway).

They are linked together using a movies theatre where you enter a chain
of levels (location?) by entering the movie. But you have puzzles in
the movie theatre itself to get past as well.

> I didn't even think about playing user levels. Do you need the PC disc to do
> that?

The TR level editor (TRLE) came with Chronicles for the PC. You have to
have the editor to play the user levels. If you're not on a PC, then
.... uh ... forget I said anything ...

> Thanks,
> Dani

<snip>
>>---
>>PW

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:35:38 AM

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:o K3ne.6$fp6.0@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Oooh ooh!
>
> I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
>
> Are they any good?
>
> My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
buy
> them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
> see how they play.
>
> Dani

Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of course,
Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)

Lisa aka Pagemaster
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:40:33 AM

"Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >
> > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
is -
> > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> > see how it goes... : )
> >
> > And y'all?
> >
> > --
> > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
>

> Games played in recent months :
> Syberia I and II
> The Longest Journey
> Return to Castle Wolfenstein
> Far Cry - and online
> Half Life 2 ditto
> Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
> Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
> HL2 for me
>

> and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as
an
> ongoing all time fave :)  with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
>
> To play:
>
> Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;)  )
> Chronicles of Riddick
>
> If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
> controls just as much or even better :)  I played TR on PSX first and then
> again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
> have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
>
> Dungeonbunny

Hi Dungeon Bunny! It's good to see some of the regulars starting to filter
back in.

Lisa aka Pagemaster
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 12:27:23 PM

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > McGrandpa wrote:
> >>
> >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
> >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
> >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
> >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
> >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
> >> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
> >> machine.
> >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
> >> McG.
> >
> > Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
> > putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
> > busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
> > WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
> > THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
> > MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
> > And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
> > *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
> > (Master of Orion 2.)
> >
> > <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
> >
> > But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
> > a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
> >
> > -- G
>
> Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
> McG.

We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
(is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
the house! ;)

-- G
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 12:34:22 PM

Lisa Smith wrote:

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:o K3ne.6$fp6.0@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > Oooh ooh!
> >
> > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
> >
> > Are they any good?
> >
> > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
> buy
> > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
> > see how they play.
> >
> > Dani
>
> Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of course,
> Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

As I read all these comments about other games, it occurs to
me that most of the time we aren't really telling each other
very much. If one person likes game X, that's great, but how
do others know they'll like it?

-- G
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:45:54 PM

"Brendon Terry" <bjterry@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is anyone playing custom levels? I'm surprised noone's mentioned these
yet.

> There are so many, and a lot of them are even better than some of the
> originals.
>
> Great way to kill time waiting for future commercial releases....
>

> Brendon

Hi Brendon - see my post above. These levels have kept me going with TR for
years!! Must have played about 150 so far - don't know what I'd have done
without them (that's how sad I am!!!) ;)

Valcor
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 2:28:34 PM

It took my completely by surprise when Dani typed:

> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
>
> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
> is - and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely
> on Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC
> version and see how it goes... : )
>
> And y'all?

I suspect I'll be waiting a while, 'cos I've got no plans to update my
hardware anytime soon! ;-)

As for other games...

I've just slogged through (again) the curiously flawed Daikatana (which I
don't think I'll be bothering with again, I just wanted a blast-em-up for a
change), I've got a big TR custom level on the go (whos name escapes me at
the moment...something about Puzzle of... something or other? its got lots
of...puzzles, and a bit of shooting...I'll repost tonight with the name. Its
good. And deserves the pops), and as always, Sim City 3000 in the
background, for when my megalomania takes over :-)

Duncan
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:01:46 PM

> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>> Aw, you guys are light-weights... total weenies! While you're
>>> putzing around with individuals and puny Earth battles, *I'm*
>>> busy out here conquering *civilizations*, capturing *WORLDS*, nay
>>> WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS! YES, GO AHEAD, SEND YOU PITIFUL FLEETS,
>>> THEY'RE NO MATCH FOR MY ANTI-SHIP MISSILE CRUISERS. JUST *ONE* OF
>>> MY DEATH-STARS CAN TURN AN ENTIRE *PLANET* INTO AN ASTEROID FIELD!
>>> And the Antarian heavy warships? HA! MERE *INSECTS* TO BE
>>> *SWATTED*! HARDLY AN ANNOYANCE! MUUUWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
>>> (Master of Orion 2.)
>>>
>>> <ahem> Oh, sorry... was that out loud? :)
>>>
>>> But be warned: MoO 2 is not a game. They want you to *think* it's
>>> a game, but no! It's a highly addictive drug. :/
>>>
>>> -- G
>>
>> Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
>> McG.
>
> We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
> (is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
> Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
> chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
> the house! ;)
>
> -- G

That's a lot like Morrowind. Nothing is ever exactly the same each time
you start a new game. Yeah, you start out exactly the same way. Then,
you step off the ship... I can't wait to see what ES IV is like,
Oblivion.
McG.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:26:38 PM

"Valcor" <Sue@vcormack.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7hg5j$tbh$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> >
> > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> > >
> > > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
> is -
> > > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> > > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
> and
> > > see how it goes... : )
> > >
> > > And y'all?
> > >
> > > --
> > > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
> > >

> > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
> > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
> >
> > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan
2006!!)
> > PC.
> >
> > Thief 2 PC
> >
> > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
> >
> > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
> > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
> > super-fast vid card...
> >

> I am playing custom level "Costa Rica 3" by Daniel Forgues, excellent.
Also
> Chaser, (shoot 'em up without having to think much). I do these when I can
> finally get my husband off MS Train Sim and young'un off the internet
(must
> get my own PC);)

Custom levels for which game?

Vamp?!?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:28:01 PM

"Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
> > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >>
> >>It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
is -
> >>and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> >>Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> >>see how it goes... : )
> >>
> >>And y'all?
> >>
> >>--
> >>d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
> >>

> > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
> > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
> >
> > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan
2006!!)
> > PC.
> >
> > Thief 2 PC
> >
> > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
> >
> > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
> > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
> > super-fast vid card...
> >

> I just finished (for the second time) T2X. It's a fan made expansion of
> 13 levels for Theif 2 PC. http://www.thief2x.com/default2.asp If you
> haven't played it yet, it's pretty good.

I've heard of it, and it's definitely on my list...but first I want to
finish Thief 2! I'm at the sheriff's house mission, where I have to confront
him. It's bugging me because I can't quite seem to work out how to get
inside.
I've also got a couple of assignments to do...very interesting, lvoely,
exiciting literature assignments, but they do take up all of my time. Soon
soon!!
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:30:22 PM

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message

> > "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I have been playing a few things:
> > >
> > > Gungrave: Overload ( a sort of Anime 3rd person shooter--very fun)
> > >
> > > Call of Duty: Finest Hour (my large weakspot for WWII inspired FPS)
> > >
> > > waiting for Destroy all Humans and Medal of Honor: European Assault.
> > >
> > > Republic Commando also looks like a cool FPS for the Box
> > >
> > > Cinefyl
> >
> > Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
> > Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
> > Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
> > restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
> > around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
> > game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
> > That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
> > McG.
>
> The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO
know
> they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging
through
> the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
> then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from the
> beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

Hehe! I, too, love TLJ and am super excited about Dreamfall....they reckon
November for release! *excitement!*.
Syberia 2 is good...short, but good. And Oddowrld SW....ahhh...I can
remember while I was playing it, thinking 'I haven't played a game I've
enjoyed quite so much for such a long time'. Especially for the console.
Brilliant level design, brilliant graphcis. Fantastic storyline. Great
characters with what I felt was true depth. A couple of surprises I really
didn't see coming. An unusual and intriguing gameplay style. Fantastic voice
acting.

All in all that game is a pretty good package.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:41:41 PM

> My hubby wants Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines, but didn't know if it
was
> any good.
>
> Is it?
> : )
> Dani

Weeee----elll!

Begin excitement rant! (Summary: It's a very, very good game, highly, highly
recommend...but beware if you're using anything less than the equivalent of
an ATI Radeon 9600 vid card).

OK, I played it just when I'd discovered the wonderfully talented author,
Tanya Huff. I had also just borrowed and finished reading the first in the
Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. So I was in a vampy mood.

Nonetheless, I find it to be really, really good.

Now my PC is a pretty decent setup, it plays the newest games pretty well
(Doom3 for instance I can hive with high detail settings and I think
1280x1024 resolution - no mean feat with that engine!)...BUT VTMB was
sometimes a little chuinky. Unfortunetely I had to lower all detail settings
and play it at 1024x768 or whatever that resolution is. Considering VTMB is
quite a bit older than Doom3, that's kinda strange. It also took a very long
time to install (some people out there couldn't get it to install at all,
but there *are* solutions to the problem) and level loading took forever.
But that was OK because I'd bring a Tanya Huff book here into the computer
room and just read it while I was waiting for the game to load! lol...
It also went a bit chunky just after a load etc. Occasionally the dialogue
options would be a bit confusing, because responses would be to information
that you hadn't actually received....but they were not frequent and I could
look beyond them.

BUT, putting aside those sour grapes (and they are pretty minor), It's a
GREAT game.
Very RPG - you have a character stats board that you can use experience
points on to upgrade certain attributes, lots of options to choose your own
'voice' (as in, what you say to whom and why). Lots of little things all
throughout that are fantastic.

For instance, you can choose to upgrade your seduction or intimidation or
persuasion feats. And if they're high enough, you can, say, seduce someone
into following you into a dark alley and you've got a ncie fresh meal!

Or you can build up your lockpicking feat so you can break in to lots of
places and steal stuff.

And there's plenty of Vampire 'magic' to play around with.

You can build up your melee or ranged weapons - so you can use such
wonderful weapons as a Firemen's axe or an SMG.

It's also a fantastic story, with a couple of twists that I didn't see
coming and then was like 'no! I don't believe you! She's fantastic, she's
not a double crosser! No!'....so I got pretty immersed in the game.

I really, really liked it.
And there are 3-4 endings. I've done one, but because of the graphics
whatsits I'm going to wait until I've bought a hihg-end graph card before I
play it again.

I truly, truly recommend it.

Rant over!

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> >
> > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >>
> >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
> >> is -
> >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> >> see how it goes... : )
> >>
> >> And y'all?
> >>
> >> --
> >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
> >>

> > Project Zero 2 (aka Fatal Frame 2): Crimson Butterfly (oh wow...i play a
> > little like every month or two...i love it, but...i dunno) Xbox
> >
> > Anarchy Online (full client now free to download and play till Jan
2006!!)
> > PC.
> >
> > Thief 2 PC
> >
> > Syberia I PC (except it keeps freezing...)
> >
> > Also Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines PC except I've played it through
> > once, I wanna play it again but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new
> > super-fast vid card...

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:43:18 PM

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:o K3ne.6$fp6.0@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Oooh ooh!
>
> I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
>
> Are they any good?

In my other post, I said Oddworld SW was excellent. It really is, you should
definitely get that. Area 51? I dunno, but it's an FPS so I tend to avoid
those...

> My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
buy
> them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
> see how they play.

That's a really good idea. Do you have Electronics Boutique stores in your
location? Here in Australia they have a no-fuss 7 day return policy...you
can buy it and have it for up to 7 days and then return it, no problems.
It's good for trying games out to see if you like them.

> Dani
>
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
> >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
> >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
> >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
> >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in that
> >> game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE machine.
> >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
> >> McG.
> >
> > The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You DO
> > know
> > they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently slogging
> > through
> > the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about half way through and
> > then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided to play it again from
the
> > beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
> >
> > Lisa aka Pagemaster

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:44:15 PM

"Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >
> > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
is -
> > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> > see how it goes... : )
> >
> > And y'all?
> >
> > --
> > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
>

> Games played in recent months :
> Syberia I and II
> The Longest Journey
> Return to Castle Wolfenstein
> Far Cry - and online
> Half Life 2 ditto
> Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
> Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
> HL2 for me

It's interesting how many people have played or are playing TLJ! Goes to
show just how good a game it is, perhaps. A true classic...

> and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind as
an
> ongoing all time fave :)  with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
>
> To play:
>
> Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;)  )
> Chronicles of Riddick
>
> If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
> controls just as much or even better :)  I played TR on PSX first and then
> again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls- I
> have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
>
> Dungeonbunny

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:45:07 PM

> Doom 3 scared the hell outta me at first - hubby plays it with the lights
> off and the sound up. I've been helping him along when he gets stuck (had
> buy the walkthrough for him).

lol...but you have to turn the lights off otherwise you can't see anything!

It's like Thief 2...I can only play that at night with no lights, so I can
see what's happening!

> I'm gonna have to try these other game y'all have been posting on here.
> Interesting names for them all!
>
> Thanks,
> : )
>
> Dani
>

> "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
> message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...
> >
> > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >>
> >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
> >> is -
> >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> >> see how it goes... : )
> >>
> >> And y'all?
> >>
> >> --
> >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
> >

> > Games played in recent months :
> > Syberia I and II
> > The Longest Journey
> > Return to Castle Wolfenstein
> > Far Cry - and online
> > Half Life 2 ditto
> > Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
> > Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
> > HL2 for me
> >

> > and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind
as
> > an
> > ongoing all time fave :)  with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
> >
> > To play:
> >
> > Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;)  )
> > Chronicles of Riddick
> >
> > If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
> > controls just as much or even better :)  I played TR on PSX first and
then
> > again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls-
> > have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
> >
> > Dungeonbunny

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:46:01 PM

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Doom 3 scared the hell outta me at first - hubby plays it with the lights
> off and the sound up. I've been helping him along when he gets stuck (had
> buy the walkthrough for him).
>
> I'm gonna have to try these other game y'all have been posting on here.
> Interesting names for them all!

You should also look for a copy of The Longest Journey. It's good and cheap
now....but still a great game. I'm planning on replaying it over the next
couple of months in readiness for its sequel.

> Thanks,
> : )
>
> Dani
>

> "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
> message news:1117573314.c9cdc298fbe4c0bd4791251ebc238ccf@teranews...
> >
> > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >>
> >> It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
> >> is -
> >> and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> >> Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> >> see how it goes... : )
> >>
> >> And y'all?
> >>
> >> --
> >> d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply
> >

> > Games played in recent months :
> > Syberia I and II
> > The Longest Journey
> > Return to Castle Wolfenstein
> > Far Cry - and online
> > Half Life 2 ditto
> > Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2
> > Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- current game- excellent graphics second only
> > HL2 for me
> >

> > and regulars know that there are quite a few of us that play Morrowind
as
> > an
> > ongoing all time fave :)  with expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
> >
> > To play:
> >
> > Doom 3 ( I had to practice being scared with A vs P first ;)  )
> > Chronicles of Riddick
> >
> > If you enjoy Lara on Playstation 1 or 2- you will likely enjoy the PC
> > controls just as much or even better :)  I played TR on PSX first and
then
> > again on PC. PoP SoT has pretty graphics too- shame about the controls-
> > have thus far avoided caving to PoP WW- maybe *next* winter ;)
> >
> > Dungeonbunny

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:46:53 PM

> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Me, I'm playing Deus Ex a little at a time. Chronicles of
> >> Riddick-Escape from Butchers Bay, AoD (restart), TR3, The Longest
> >> Journey, a little at a time. Quake. HL2 and Doom3 reruns. RIVEN
> >> restart. Have Exile and started it, will do Riven first. Playing
> >> around with stuff in American McGee's ALICE. Love the ambiance in
> >> that game. Will be playing Chronicles off and on, on my 98SE
> >> machine.
> >> That plus workaday life. Ho hum :\
> >> McG.
> >
> > The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You
> > DO know they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently
> > slogging through the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about
> > half way through and then switched to the X-Box version, so I decided
> > to play it again from the beginning. Also playing "Area 51" and
> > "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
> >
> > Lisa aka Pagemaster
>
> TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :)  They could have
> made the screens a little bigger :)  Even in the first sequence, there
> is interesting stuff.
> McG.

Personally, I believe it's one of the best games I've ever played.

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:46:54 PM

>> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> The Longest Journey is wonderful! I played it about a year ago. You
>>> DO know they are making a sequal to it called "Dreamfall" Currently
>>> slogging through the first part of Syberia 2 I played it on PC about
>>> half way through and then switched to the X-Box version, so I
>>> decided to play it again from the beginning. Also playing "Area 51"
>>> and "Oddworld: Strangers Wrath"
>>>
>>> Lisa aka Pagemaster
>>
>> TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :)  They could have
>> made the screens a little bigger :)  Even in the first sequence,
>> there is interesting stuff.
>> McG.
>>

> Personally, I believe it's one of the best games I've ever played.

It's definitely original, and story driven :)
McG.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:48:50 PM

> Well, that livened up the n.g. for a day - anybody else wanna chip in? LOL
> Dani

I just thought, if you want ideas on games to buy and what not try
www.gamespot.com. They have reviews and stuff, and their ratings are pretty
accurate. They also have user ratings too, so you can see how other people
fetlt about certain games. I tend to browse there every few months to see
what's coming up.

Bewarned! The reviews do tend to get a bit lengthy and boring, and
spoilerish...I tend to skim read them and just look at the screens lol!

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
> >
> > It's my first computer game - picked it up at a discount - used as it
is -
> > and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've played Lara completely on
> > Playstation - so this time around I just might pick up the PC version
and
> > see how it goes... : )
> >
> > And y'all?
> >
> > --
> > d t x n @ y a h o o . c o m to reply

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:40:32 AM

There I was, minding my own business, when Thunderchief said...

Edit!

The levels I'm currently playing are The Mystery of the Northern Star by
Masha.

Good stuff! :-)
Duncan
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:22:41 AM

> Lisa Smith wrote:
> >
> > "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > news:o K3ne.6$fp6.0@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > > Oooh ooh!
> > >
> > > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
> > >
> > > Are they any good?
> > >
> > > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go
and
> > buy
> > > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am
anxious
> > > see how they play.
> > >
> > > Dani
> >
> > Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of
course,
> > Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)
> >
> > Lisa aka Pagemaster
>
> As I read all these comments about other games, it occurs to
> me that most of the time we aren't really telling each other
> very much. If one person likes game X, that's great, but how
> do others know they'll like it?

Well....if it sound like a game you might like, you can then google it or
somesuch or ask the person for more information...like Dani and Vampire the
Masquerade Bloodlines.

It's also quite likely that a group of people who enjoy TR might also enjoy
other games...like Oni and TLJ and PoP, for instance. PoP and Oni are
actually sort of similar....it seems to me that a lot of people that like TR
here have also at least played those games.

> -- G
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:25:20 AM

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message

> >> TLJ starts off kinda slowish but happily strange :)  They could have
> >> made the screens a little bigger :)  Even in the first sequence,
> >> there is interesting stuff.
> >> McG.
> >>

> > Personally, I believe it's one of the best games I've ever played.
>
> It's definitely original, and story driven :)
> McG.

I also really like the writing...it's good to play games that can a) make
fun of themselves (very post-modern metafiction!) and b) are willing to make
'mature' jokes, rather than just swearing to sound, I dunno, 'cool' or
stupid unfunny jokes that are so patently contrived, ergo, unfunny.

I don't think that makes much sense.
Well, it is 12:24 am and time to go watch X Files....ho hum di dum do dummsy
dum dum.

Just been playing some more Thief 2....up to mission 'Blood'...if anyone's
interested. Crazy. Utterly crazy.

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:27:26 AM

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > McGrandpa wrote:
> >>
> >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >> Hm. One. Just ONE? Powerful drug there! ;)
> >> McG.
> >
> > We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
> > (is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
> > Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
> > chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
> > the house! ;)
> >
> > -- G
>
> That's a lot like Morrowind. Nothing is ever exactly the same each time
> you start a new game. Yeah, you start out exactly the same way. Then,
> you step off the ship... I can't wait to see what ES IV is like,
> Oblivion.
> McG.

Hey hey! So I noticed the other day that EB have these big bins in their
stores full of those cheapo Red Ant re-releases of 'classics'...AND they
have buy 2, get 1 free (or, really, buy three and one of them will be free,
but anyway...)...So I got Morrowind, Grandia II (did some research before I
bought it, it sounds interesting) and Battle Mages.

So when I've finished playing Thief 2, I'll start on Morrowind (again!)..I
played a bit of it on Xbox a long time ago...but now that I own a copy all
to myself, yay! I promise to give it a good shot...I weally weally do!
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:27:27 AM

>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>> We like to complain about TR not having any replayability,
>>> (is that a word?) but I think that's a blessing in disguise.
>>> Each time you restart MoO 2, it's a different game... like
>>> chess. If TR were like that, some of us would never leave
>>> the house! ;)
>>>
>>> -- G
>>
>> That's a lot like Morrowind. Nothing is ever exactly the same each
>> time you start a new game. Yeah, you start out exactly the same
>> way. Then, you step off the ship... I can't wait to see what ES IV
>> is like, Oblivion.
>> McG.
>>

> Hey hey! So I noticed the other day that EB have these big bins in
> their stores full of those cheapo Red Ant re-releases of
> 'classics'...AND they have buy 2, get 1 free (or, really, buy three
> and one of them will be free, but anyway...)...So I got Morrowind,
> Grandia II (did some research before I bought it, it sounds
> interesting) and Battle Mages.
>
> So when I've finished playing Thief 2, I'll start on Morrowind
> (again!)..I played a bit of it on Xbox a long time ago...but now that
> I own a copy all to myself, yay! I promise to give it a good shot...I
> weally weally do!

Hm. Other people do "finish" Morrowind. I never will, nor will I stop
playing it :)  With Morrowing, it's open ended. There is no "Game Over"
:)
Did you get it for the PC or the console this time?
McG.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 3:38:02 AM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned

>Lisa Smith wrote:
>>
>> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> news:o K3ne.6$fp6.0@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>> > Oooh ooh!
>> >
>> > I want Area 51 and Oddworld, too.
>> >
>> > Are they any good?
>> >
>> > My hubby and I usually ask other people about the games before we go and
>> buy
>> > them ourselves. I haven't read any reviews on either game, but am anxious
>> > see how they play.
>> >
>> > Dani
>>
>> Odd World: SW is excellent, Area 51 is good but not Halo good. Of course,
>> Halo is pretty hard to beat......;0)
>>
>> Lisa aka Pagemaster
>
>As I read all these comments about other games, it occurs to
>me that most of the time we aren't really telling each other
>very much. If one person likes game X, that's great, but how
>do others know they'll like it?
>
> -- G

The way to get around THAT problem is to discuss between ourselves a
system of categories (graphics, good writing, cool actions available
etc etc etc ) and then post regularly a blank review form for anybody
to fill out for a particular game. Collect a bunch of responses for
each game reviewed and average out the scoring system.

Now, ISTR that there are various gaming sites that already DO that for
us, so how about we discuss the rating systems THEY use and refer each
other there?
..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,