SSD not appearing after abrupt shut down

RepCom1140

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,
I woke my rig up from sleep and appeared to be frozen so I held down on power to shut down.
When I hit power again to boot up only the case and cpu fans went on.
I inserted Win7 install disc to repair but found there are no system images available and it doesnt see any operating systems to repair.
I go into BIOS and find that bootable devices include dvd drive and my trusty Western Digital 750 gb hdd. The OCZ SSD is not there!
I have windows installed on the ssd and store everything else on the hdd.

In the past I had a similar problem and used the ocz toolbox to wipe the ssd and re-install windows. I'm just hoping there is an alternative to doing that yet again.

Is my ssd really shot and will this just happen again in a few months after I reinstall windows?
OR is there anything I can do to get it up and running again?

OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD 60GB.

Edit* From what i've seen online it looks like this is a common problem, sleeping a computer with a ssd and it never wakes up :/

RepCom1140

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Not recognizable in bios at all.
A few months back I wiped it using the ocz toolbox parted magic from a disc i burned to oot from. I tried that, but it didnt see it either.
On my dad's factory built HP, theres no ssd and he sleeps it all the time due to a weird startup issue where internet connectivity doesnt finalize for a good 10-15 min.
I never knew of this sleep issue in all the research to putting together my rig. :(
Apparently I might have prevented this problem by installing the latest OCZ firmware.
I will RMA and I ordered an Intel 520 60GB to replace it.

TRENDING THREADS