unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Nah, i think that Intel needs to lower Core i7 970 price to like 450$ and be more competitive (in the hexa-core CPU segment). Absolutely no need for an i7-990x.

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
i understand most people's viewpoint in wishing for the price drops for the higher end intels, but a lesson learned in business is that while another competitor is working harder to sell at a lower price point - someone else can be working less to sell their side of the market due to the inflated price (this is because people will buy it no matter what)

its less that they are not willing to compete with amds prices, and more that they are not leaving cash on the table that could be theirs when the transaction is over

I agree, but I also realize Intel is not a charity, by any stretch of the imagination :p. I was really hoping for the 970 to be around $500, not $850. Far too close to the price of the 980X. If I was seriously considering paying that much, hell I'd plop down the extra $150 and get the unlocked multi plus bragging rights.