E3 Tomb Raider preview

Hey everyone,
Got this update from Chuck Brite and about pee'd myself. This is crazy good.
The only thing is she looks a little "monkey" like when she swings up on
those blocks at the beginning, but thats a minor nit-pick. I love the way
she moves otherwise. Very fluid.

Lisa aka Pagemaster

Everyone--

If you haven't seen it, Gamespot.com has a 13 minute demo of the new
game, along with an interview with one of the designers. There's some
new screenshots, too, some of which may find themselves in future
calenders. :)

Have a look. It's worth the time.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?q=tomb+raider+legend

Chuck
Webmaster

dani

LOL I just looked at it when your post popped up. You beat me by a few
minutes.

It looks totally awesome!

Dani

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
> Got this update from Chuck Brite and about pee'd myself. This is crazy
> good.
> The only thing is she looks a little "monkey" like when she swings up on
> those blocks at the beginning, but thats a minor nit-pick. I love the way
> she moves otherwise. Very fluid.
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster
>
> Everyone--
>
> If you haven't seen it, Gamespot.com has a 13 minute demo of the new
> game, along with an interview with one of the designers. There's some
> new screenshots, too, some of which may find themselves in future
> calenders. :)
>
> Have a look. It's worth the time.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?q=tomb+raider+legend
>

> Chuck
> Webmaster

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
> Got this update from Chuck Brite and about pee'd myself. This is crazy
> good.
> The only thing is she looks a little "monkey" like when she swings up on
> those blocks at the beginning, but thats a minor nit-pick. I love the way
> she moves otherwise. Very fluid.
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster
>
> Everyone--
>
> If you haven't seen it, Gamespot.com has a 13 minute demo of the new
> game, along with an interview with one of the designers. There's some
> new screenshots, too, some of which may find themselves in future
> calenders. :)
>
> Have a look. It's worth the time.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?q=tomb+raider+legend
>

> Chuck
> Webmaster

All I can say is awesome, truly awesome, I just cannot wait to play this
game now ;)

The adventure was definitely there when I watched the demo, and the moves
were very fluid and it looks like it will be such a joy to play.

I think my only criticism about it was the speed at which Lara seemed to be
able to jump around at. Almost like a monkey at times! I know it's supposed
to be fluid, but some jumps are supposed to feel hard to accomplish etc. and
of some in the movie that looked very hard she seemed to accomplish them too
effortlessly. Anyone else notice this? (or bits I missed of course - oh so
many I'm sure!)

Generally though, really cool; puzzles and traps etc. look good and Lara
herself and the environment look simply fantastic :)

Kieran

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> Hey everyone,
>> Got this update from Chuck Brite and about pee'd myself. This is
>> crazy good.
>> The only thing is she looks a little "monkey" like when she swings
>> up on those blocks at the beginning, but thats a minor nit-pick. I
>> love the way she moves otherwise. Very fluid.
>>
>> Lisa aka Pagemaster
>>
>> Everyone--
>>
>> If you haven't seen it, Gamespot.com has a 13 minute demo of the new
>> game, along with an interview with one of the designers. There's
>> some new screenshots, too, some of which may find themselves in
>> future calenders. :)
>>
>> Have a look. It's worth the time.
>>
>> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?q=tomb+raider+legend
>>

>> Chuck
>> Webmaster
>

> All I can say is awesome, truly awesome, I just cannot wait to play
> this game now ;)
>
> The adventure was definitely there when I watched the demo, and the
> moves were very fluid and it looks like it will be such a joy to play.
>
> I think my only criticism about it was the speed at which Lara seemed
> to be able to jump around at. Almost like a monkey at times! I know
> it's supposed to be fluid, but some jumps are supposed to feel hard
> to accomplish etc. and of some in the movie that looked very hard she
> seemed to accomplish them too effortlessly. Anyone else notice this?
> (or bits I missed of course - oh so many I'm sure!)
>
> Generally though, really cool; puzzles and traps etc. look good and
> Lara herself and the environment look simply fantastic :)
>
> Kieran

I GOT to see that bunch of waterfalls in hi-res on my PC! :) You see
the gymnastics she was doing on the horizontal bar? Cool! They didn't
show her getting killed tho. I'm sure we will. :\
This looks great. I'm sold. I'm buyin!
McG. <thanks for the heads up Lisa!>

"Erik Steffl" <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Lisa Smith wrote:
>> If you haven't seen it, Gamespot.com has a 13 minute demo of the new
>> game, along with an interview with one of the designers. There's
>> some ...
>> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?q=tomb+raider+legend
>
> oh WOW!!! amazing. Don't know how the actual game will play like but
> I already got more fun out of TR Legend than out of playing AOD :)
>
> erik

Profoundly good point Erik!
McG.

Erik Steffl wrote:

> Lisa Smith wrote:
> > If you haven't seen it, Gamespot.com has a 13 minute demo of the new
> > game, along with an interview with one of the designers. There's some
> > http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?q=tomb+raider+legend
>
> oh WOW!!! amazing. Don't know how the actual game will play like but
> I already got more fun out of TR Legend than out of playing AOD :)
>
> erik

Now, that's an awful thing to say... to *have* to say... even
worse that it may be true. :/

Remember how we were all wowed by the trailers and teasers for
AoD? Look how it turned out. I'm going to hold off judgment
until Legend is actually out and we see for ourselves what it's
really like. It *should* be good. It *looks* like it's going
to be good, but... the proof is in the eating of the pudding.

-- G

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Erik Steffl wrote:
> >
> > Lisa Smith wrote:
> > > If you haven't seen it, Gamespot.com has a 13 minute demo of the new
> > > game, along with an interview with one of the designers. There's some

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?q=tomb+raider+leg
end

> > oh WOW!!! amazing. Don't know how the actual game will play like but
> > I already got more fun out of TR Legend than out of playing AOD :)
> >
> > erik
>
> Now, that's an awful thing to say... to *have* to say... even
> worse that it may be true. :/
>
> Remember how we were all wowed by the trailers and teasers for
> AoD? Look how it turned out. I'm going to hold off judgment
> until Legend is actually out and we see for ourselves what it's
> really like. It *should* be good. It *looks* like it's going
> to be good, but... the proof is in the eating of the pudding.
>
> -- G

Darn bloody tootin'.