Where is the "windows/options/cabs" folder on my compaq wi..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
October 28, 2004 8:03:28 AM

I just recently installed windows 98se on my compaq armada 7790 DM and when
i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs"
folder for the drivers to be copied into.I also had to reinstall the DIAGS
partition. Are there any solutions?..thanks, Mark in kansas city

--
CHIEFS KICK DOWN THE DOOR IN 2004
Anonymous

"markymark" <markymark7560@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs"

Search for *.cab and see if they got put somewhere else. Not every
installation had them, and they occasionally get put in other
locations.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2004 5:11:54 PM

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 04:03:28 GMT, "markymark"
<markymark7560@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I just recently installed windows 98se on my compaq armada 7790 DM and when
>i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs"
>folder for the drivers to be copied into.I also had to reinstall the DIAGS
>partition. Are there any solutions?..thanks, Mark in kansas city

Yep. Get the cd you installed from; create a windows/options/cabs
folder on the hd anc opy all the .cab files from the cd into that
folder.
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2004 10:10:36 PM

The folder isn't automatically created. If you did the installation,
you would have had to create it, or it wouldn't be there.

It's the same folder as "Win98" or "Win9x" on the CD

markymark wrote:
> I just recently installed windows 98se on my compaq armada 7790 DM and when
> i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs"
> folder for the drivers to be copied into.I also had to reinstall the DIAGS
> partition. Are there any solutions?..thanks, Mark in kansas city

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2004 10:12:31 PM

RE:

> Search for *.cab and see if they got put somewhere else. Not every
> installation had them, and they occasionally get put in other
> locations.

In fact, I would suggest that putting them in the "root" directory (as
"Win98") is superior to "Windows/options/cabs". Sometimes you want to
blow away and start over not by reformatting, but rather by using
"Deltree" on \Windows and \Program Files
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2004 10:12:41 PM

RE:

> Search for *.cab and see if they got put somewhere else. Not every
> installation had them, and they occasionally get put in other
> locations.

In fact, I would suggest that putting them in the "root" directory (as
"Win98") is superior to "Windows/options/cabs". Sometimes you want to
blow away and start over not by reformatting, but rather by using
"Deltree" on \Windows and \Program Files
October 29, 2004 7:58:15 AM

THank you all very much.I'll let you know how it turned out
....Mark

!