ninelivesproductions

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I'm debating on whether to spend and extra $10 to buy a bunch of VRAM heatsinks for my XFX 5770 I will be getting. The GPU heatsink on the "Non-Juniper" version is not in contact with the VRAM. Will I run into issues down the line with really heavy gaming?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Solution
No additional heatsinks are required for any hardware running at stock speeds. The components were designed and thoroughly tested by the manufacturers to run for a long time at stock speeds. There's no need to try and out-think the engineers who designed these products.

ninelivesproductions

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Well, Im not planning on overclocking anything of mine...

While Im here, I want to ask if MOSFET heatsinkinks on MOBOs (Generally to the left of the CPU socket) are necessary, again with no overclocking... Im just unlocking the 3rd and 4th cores on my Phenom II x2 555 3.2ghz

No additional heatsinks are required for any hardware running at stock speeds. The components were designed and thoroughly tested by the manufacturers to run for a long time at stock speeds. There's no need to try and out-think the engineers who designed these products.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS