Sign in with
Your question

Can't Post when Case is closed

Last response: in Components
August 25, 2010 2:51:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

First Time Posting.

I have a hackintosh build that works great, however if I attach the case enclosure, it will not post. It will power up up, but no post.

I have tried removing almost every piece of hardware I have to track down the problem. No Luck.

My specs are below.

Any help would be much appreciated.

More about : post case closed

a c 144 ) Power supply
August 25, 2010 5:30:52 AM

Specs?

m
l
August 25, 2010 5:55:55 AM

Case: Antec Sonata III w/ 500 W PS

ga-ep45-ud3p BIOS fb

Geforce 9800 GTX + 512 mb

8 gb Patriot 800 Mhz DDR2

Trendnet TEG-PCITXR ethernet card

WD Caviar Black 1 TB HD

Thanks for the quick reply!
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2010 9:14:40 AM

Extremely strange. The only thing i would suggest is ensuring that you are putting the case on it does not short on anything. Is the case touching any of your components wires etc etc.

As you have already gone through the standard H/W elimination technique i assume this is already done.

I DO NOT reccomend this but...if you turn it on with the case open, can you then attach the enclosure? Does it then turn off?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 25, 2010 9:39:46 AM

Its indeed strange, are you sure that when you close the case,no cable connections get loose ?
m
l
a c 139 ) Power supply
August 25, 2010 6:44:40 PM

Are the front panel connectors installed correctly? For example, if you attach the pwr on leads to the led pins by mistake, you get very strange results.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 26, 2010 12:32:07 AM

disconnect the reset switch from the motherbd and try to boot with the enclosure on.
I've had a couple cases cause the reset sw to act as if constantly pressed which caused the system to power on but not boot up and no beep codes at all thanks to the constant reset cycle.
m
l
September 2, 2010 5:19:56 AM

Jimmy22 said:
Extremely strange. The only thing i would suggest is ensuring that you are putting the case on it does not short on anything. Is the case touching any of your components wires etc etc.

As you have already gone through the standard H/W elimination technique i assume this is already done.

I DO NOT reccomend this but...if you turn it on with the case open, can you then attach the enclosure? Does it then turn off?

It freezes my system dead when I do that
m
l
September 2, 2010 5:20:53 AM

popatim said:
disconnect the reset switch from the motherbd and try to boot with the enclosure on.
I've had a couple cases cause the reset sw to act as if constantly pressed which caused the system to power on but not boot up and no beep codes at all thanks to the constant reset cycle.

That sounds like what is Happening to my system.

I'll give it a go!

Thanks
m
l
!