Water cooling for Corsair 800D

cangle

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I recentley built my first computer and I'm now interested in water cooling my system
Here are the components:

Case: Corsair obsidian 800d
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E Pro
CPU: i5-750
RAM:4Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
GPU: Asus GTX 470
PSU: Corsair HX750w
HDD: Western Digital 1tb black
Optical: Asus 24x

I have never done any water cooling before, but thought that since I bought a case designed to work with a water cooled system I would try it. I'm interested in cooling my cpu and oc'ing it to 4.0Ghz and also cooling my gpu.

I have no idea what parts I need but I know that I would like to have a triple 360 rad at the top of the case.

AMW1011

Distinguished
You need to do a LOT of research before you even think of buying anything. Watercooling is perfectly safe if you do it responsibly and knowingly.

I would personally recommend a ThermoChill PA 20.3 or Black Ice GTX 360 for straight performance. I would also recommend a Swiftech MCP 355 and a XSPC DCC 3.2 top for the pump. The rest is up to you.

AMW1011

Distinguished
With radiator cooling you need to focus on fans with good static pressure as well as CFM. Some good ones are the Yate Loon medium or highs, Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Noctua fans, and San Ace fans.

Static pressure is a fan's ability to push air through a heatsink or radiator basically.