Need help with streaming video

huxley2112

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Please someone help me, I am at my wits end here:

I built a home theater PC that I mainly wanted to use for streaming video from Hulu, youtube, etc. I used an old MB that *should have enough power to do this, but I am having problems. Here is the setup:

MSI MS-7211 motherboard
Intel Celeron 2.8 Ghz
1 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
ATI Radeon AGP HD4500 512 MB
DVI to HDMI cable going to my HDTV
Using onboard sound, not the audio from the HDMI, it's the audio from the board going to my receiver.
Hooked up to high speed internet via 10/100

I am able to play all video from my HDD just fine, even the 1080p stuff. It looks fine, the issue is that all internet streaming video, no matter the quality, is laggy. It buffers, skips, and when it does play, the video is choppy. I am able to play streaming video on my laptop hooked up to the same network just fine, so I know it is the system.

I have tried different video drivers, messing with every setting in the ATI catalyst control center, updating my direct X, chipset drivers, BIOS update, everything I can think of. The MB is maxed out on RAM, so that is out of the question.

I figure if the system can play local video just fine, it should handle internet streaming video fine, but it is unwatchable. I've also tried using different browsers to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can try next?

arterius2

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
flash is know to run extremely slow on internet explorer, try using google chrome 5 or latest opera browser, also try to install the latest Flash player for ur browser, which is something like version 10.0.45.2