I am looking for instructions on how to remove an item from the taskbar if
you are not using the program. I don't want to completely remove the program
from my computer, just the shortcut. I'm brand new to Windows XP, formerly
using Windows 98.
Thanks

MarySTN wrote:
> I am looking for instructions on how to remove an item from the taskbar if
> you are not using the program. I don't want to completely remove the program
> from my computer, just the shortcut. I'm brand new to Windows XP, formerly
> using Windows 98.
> Thanks

If you're referring to a shortcut on the Quick Launch bar, just right
click on the shortcut and choose Delete.

If you're referring to an icon in the notification area (systray),
right click on the START button and choose Properties.
Click the "Customize..." button.
Select the icon you want to hide and set it to "Always hide."

--
Bob Dietz

If you open the program and go through the menus you'll likely find a place
where you can get rid of the icon in the notification area.

Modem Ani