PC Upgrade..!

G

Hey all,

I'm currently looking into upgrading my desktop at home and wanted some opinions! I'm no expert when it comes to hardware but I do know a bit..

The upgrade I'm looking at is as follows..

Intel Core I5 750 £161.23 (ebuyer) £152.93(scan)
ASUS P7P55D LE With Intel P55 Chipset £81.68 (ebuyer)
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 £93.22 (ebuyer) £75.34 (scan)
Gainward 9800 GT Graphics Card 426018336-0568 - 512MB Gainward 9800GT Green, HDMI £72.83 (Scan) £68.14 (Overclockers)

Firstly, what are your opinions on these components? are they good (performance wise) and are they good value for money? I'm not looking to go crazy with my spending but I do have a little bit of money to play with..

In terms of use my general tasks include lots of multitasking, gaming, video compression / HD video playback, photo editing and general day to day use..

Finally, my current spec isn't brilliant but if I was able to offload some of my current components and get some cash for them where is the best place to sell?

Thanks and I look forward to your replies!

I think the video cards for Mac are customized at a hardware level and thus any video card just wont have the proprietary drivers for it.. There is a GTX 285 Mac Edition courtesy EVGA.. I think It'll be your best best to run the OS X properly on a PC build up..

Hello and welcome to the forums
1_It looks a great rig,it can handle games fine on a resolution 1280x1024, and will be fine for HD playback,multitasking etc.

Asking for hackintosh support isn't legal and isn't allowed in this forums,so i edited your post.