4 gigs ram
ATI Radeon HD 5770 vapor x edition
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8500 @ 3.16

3DMark Score
9432 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score

SM 3.0 Score

CPU Score

any idea? is this low, or is it pretty common??

thanks
15 answers Last reply
More about 3dmark06 scores

1. also, how do my temps look? anything abnormal??
  2. It's a little low, not too bad for that processor and GPU. Could be speed step. It's not supposed to make any difference, but it will.
  3. Your temps are totally fine, as long as its running alright for you most likely there's nothing wrong. The score is just a little on the low side. Are those temps under load or idle?
  4. nope your score is on the low side
    I score 15000 with An e5300 @4ghz and my 5770 at 950 core 1300 mem
    at lowest settings with no AA

what resolution are you using for the tests ? if you are using 2xaa that would make sense but if you are using default settings that's low sorry I do not have a direct answer on how to change it
  5. those temps are idle.

and yeah just running the default for 3dmark06. 1280x1024, no AA, optimal filtering

hmm, what could be wrong do you guys suppose??
  6. bump
  7. spentshells said:
    nope your score is on the low side
    I score 15000 with An e5300 @4ghz and my 5770 at 950 core 1300 mem
    at lowest settings with no AA

what resolution are you using for the tests ? if you are using 2xaa that would make sense but if you are using default settings that's low sorry I do not have a direct answer on how to change it

Well yeah, now set everything to stock on the GPU, and set your CPU to 3ghz, and run the benchmark.
    Don't you think that would a little more relevant here? I score over 15,000 in 3Dmark06 with my 2 year old 8800GTS. That means squat.

To the OP, disable speedstep in the BIOS and see what happens. I would have thought that setup would get mid 10's. You are a little low, but this guys trying to compare what you are getting with overclock GPU settings, and a processor running 30% faster than yours. You cannot tell anything by his numbers.
  8. What?? :ouch: There must be some problem man u should check it out..............cant go bellow 11K with that config.....!
  9. ok, disabled speedstep, still got low scores. Any ideas? perhaps problems with my cpu, ram, or even videocard? i just got the videocard but perhaps faulty? maybe it can be attributed to the fact that I have a hardware raid card???

3DMark Score
    9401 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score

SM 3.0 Score

CPU Score
  10. ok ran it again, and i think maybe perhaps the clock speeds of the gpu werent set correctly or something.

I set it back to default(i think?) so engine @ 850 and memory clock @ 1200, and lastly voltage at 1.1250V

I got a score of

3DMark Score
    13814 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score

SM 3.0 Score

CPU Score

kind of concerned about the temps though: it idles @ 58 and under load @ 73

I thought this was supposed to be a cool card???
  11. That is a pretty good score. Whatever you did, now you are rockin and rollin.
    That is not hot, you are just getting warmed up good.
    Start becoming concerned when the temps go above 85.
  12. jitpublisher said:
    That is a pretty good score. Whatever you did, now you are rockin and rollin.
    That is not hot, you are just getting warmed up good.
    Start becoming concerned when the temps go above 85.

so he overclocked his vid card and achieved a score similar to mine ! the difference now being cpu speed
    how irrelevant

tard
  13. hmm but its wierd like i dont think i really overclocked i just clocked it to the regular speed.

i used amd gpu clock tool which is nice but now i have to manually set it for idle and then set it for load. any way to have it automatic whenever an intensive application is open?
  14. spentshells said:
    so he overclocked his vid card and achieved a score similar to mine ! the difference now being cpu speed
    how irrelevant

tard

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "It is better to sit in silence and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
  15. jitpublisher said:
    Ancient Chinese Proverb: "It is better to sit in silence and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

LOL yeah so he pushed his card to far oops
    I was really pissed off that day being a butthole
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems