device with hard disk and LCD screen to off load photos to?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 17, 2004 8:59:30 PM

Is there a standard name for a small device with a LCD screen and a hard
drive that can off load photos from memory card? Some also double as mp3
player.

I want to get a list of all such devices to compare. Not knowing what they
are called makes it hard to search.
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 8:59:31 PM

peter wrote:

> Not knowing what they are called makes it hard to search.

People who claim they are not trolls, are, by definition, trolls.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html

Using their advice, you type in adjectives and nouns related to the
device(s) in question:

www.google.com: portable hard disk image storage

Random wandering in the results gives you further words to refine your
search (learning about the "-" operator helps), and eventually you
obtain a class name or perhaps even a product name.

Your question was too easy. Try this one:

f(x) = integral(sin(t^2), t), for t = 0 to x

f(x) (and a companion that uses cosine) is named after a 19th century
physicist, and can be found in more complete tables of integrals or
special functions. Can you google up the details given this surfeit of
hints?

"Genius is not knowing everything. Genius is knowing where to find
it."
-- http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 8:59:31 PM

"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> writes:
> Is there a standard name for a small device with a LCD screen and a hard
> drive that can off load photos from memory card? Some also double as mp3
> player.
>
> I want to get a list of all such devices to compare. Not knowing what they
> are called makes it hard to search.

Archos Jukebox Multimedia Photo is one, if your camera uses compact
flash anyway. Imagetank is another I've heard of, but none of those
have color displays to show the photos.

Archos Gmini 400 20GB Pocket Video Player/Game system W/ 2.2 Inch
LCD, Retail
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

More choices including ones supporting other flash cards:
http://archos.com/products/fam_photo_video.html

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

On 17 Dec 2004 15:27:50 -0600, in rec.photo.digital t@toddh.net (Todd H.)
wrote:

>Archos Jukebox Multimedia Photo is one, if your camera uses compact
>flash anyway. Imagetank is another I've heard of, but none of those
>have color displays to show the photos.

FYI, I believe it should also be able to use the adapter to read other
media like the Gmini 220 I just bought to replace my old Nixvue Digital
Album.

http://EdwardGRuf.com
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 10:25:47 PM

In article <68Fwd.55$Y57.53@trnddc08>, peter <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Is there a standard name for a small device with a LCD screen and a hard
> drive that can off load photos from memory card?

One term is "digital wallet".

--
- Eolake