Sign in with
Your question

Dell 24 inch Ultrasharp

Last response: in Systems
June 26, 2010 8:54:01 PM

Check out this link
http://westslope.craigslist.org/ele/1761338896.html
Price wise I think its a good deal. But what do you think of this monitor for gaming and general use? If there is a better monitor for around the $300 dollar price mark let me know so I can take a look. I have been looking and I like the Samsung monitors but this deal is really good.
Thanks
Jimmy

More about : dell inch ultrasharp

June 26, 2010 9:49:40 PM

Ah bummer it's already sold oh well. So let me change with thread a little then. I would like to get a 20-24 inch monitor for gaming and general use. I would also like for the monitor to have different inputs so that I can hook up and xbox 360 to it. I would like to stay around $300 dollars little more is ok less is better. So what do you all think? I found a dell 23 ultra sharp for under 300 but the response time was 8ms.
Jimmy
m
l
June 27, 2010 7:20:22 PM

mcol,
Pro. grade monitors (like the Dell Ultra Sharp series) are not intended for use in gaming or general use but are instead optimized to provide a wide color gamut and high accuracy (colors) are mostly used by photographers/graphic designers and CAD operators. Pro grade monitors also tend to lack consumer grade options that you seem to want as they refresh slower (you can get a great ASUS with 2 ms refresh rate or even an OLED screen) and do not have the HDMI (they have display port) you would want to use with an xbox or playstation.
Good Luck
m
l
June 27, 2010 8:36:09 PM

Ah ok. So what monitors would you suggest? In youre post I see you mention Asus I've never had any experience with their monitors. Any particular models ect..? Uses for monitor : Gaming, General use net surf word files ect., adobe photoshop, watching movies. I also have been reading about concerns over viewing angles is this a huge issue?
m
l
!