mcol

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Check out this link
http://westslope.craigslist.org/ele/1761338896.html
Price wise I think its a good deal. But what do you think of this monitor for gaming and general use? If there is a better monitor for around the $300 dollar price mark let me know so I can take a look. I have been looking and I like the Samsung monitors but this deal is really good.
Thanks
Jimmy

mcol

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Ah bummer it's already sold oh well. So let me change with thread a little then. I would like to get a 20-24 inch monitor for gaming and general use. I would also like for the monitor to have different inputs so that I can hook up and xbox 360 to it. I would like to stay around $300 dollars little more is ok less is better. So what do you all think? I found a dell 23 ultra sharp for under 300 but the response time was 8ms.
Jimmy

tritonofg

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
mcol,
Pro. grade monitors (like the Dell Ultra Sharp series) are not intended for use in gaming or general use but are instead optimized to provide a wide color gamut and high accuracy (colors) are mostly used by photographers/graphic designers and CAD operators. Pro grade monitors also tend to lack consumer grade options that you seem to want as they refresh slower (you can get a great ASUS with 2 ms refresh rate or even an OLED screen) and do not have the HDMI (they have display port) you would want to use with an xbox or playstation.
Good Luck

mcol

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Ah ok. So what monitors would you suggest? In youre post I see you mention Asus I've never had any experience with their monitors. Any particular models ect..? Uses for monitor : Gaming, General use net surf word files ect., adobe photoshop, watching movies. I also have been reading about concerns over viewing angles is this a huge issue?