Run 2 monitors on my pc

amarnivas

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
I need to run two monitors to run two applications independent of each other (e.g. Excel sheet on one and Word doc on another). Which is the most suitable card from Nvidia/ATI.
Of the two monitors, one has screen resolution of 1440 x 900 (Samsung) and the other has 1366 x 768 (Acer).
I wolud appreciate your reply.

amarnivas

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Thanks to wa1 and arterius 2 for making an effort to reply to my query.
Regret the effort is wasted.
My query stated "...two applications independent of each other... ". Neither has addressed this crucial issue. I do not want the same page opening on both monitors (this is what a 'any cheap card ... with 2 outputs... will do).
My query still remains unanswered.

asgord

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
theres a dual view setting in nvidias software its easy to use you extend your desktop and drag the spread sheet over too the rt one and then run what you want on the left for total independant config you need 2 cards.

runswindows95

Distinguished
I run dual 19" 1440X900 monitors on an integrated Intel card at work. i run Excel on one, and Word on the other independent of each other. The first two posters are correct. Any card with dual outputs will do this. All you have to do is set up one monitor as your main monitor, and on the other monitor, select the option to extend the desktop on to it. Once they are set up, you are good to go.

Akiraosc

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
I have two Nvidia GTX 8800's in my PC and both have dual DVi-D ports. I have then both working as and "extend mode" with another monitor, but... My question is, can you run a monitor on card 1 and then the other on card two, independently. What I want to do is be able to run 1 full screen program on 1 video card and then another 1 on the second video card.

-Thanks!

any replies would be a big help!

:bounce:

TRENDING THREADS