Sign in with
Your question

No Gameport Drivers

Last response: in Motherboards
March 26, 2011 11:11:43 AM

hi

Iv had this problem for weeks now and cant seem to find a sloution anywhere!!!

I am trying to install an Xbox 360 controller on my computer but I get the lovely message:

"Your gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the device manager."

I have downloaded the xbox controller driver from Microsoft (im running XP -SP3) so "Xbox360_32Eng.exe"

The device manager shows that there are no gameports installed under sound, video, and game controllers.

I then downloaded and installed the latest sound card driver for the motherboard, (ECS 945GCT-M2 (V1.0) IDT High Definition Audio Driver 0.40)

Again The device manager shows that there are no gameports installed under sound, video, and game controllers.

and Im thinking that I just need a gameport to be installed???? is this true??? i cant seem to find any anywhere!!!!!

many thanks if anyone has the answer or who has been through a similar problem, any small piece of advice will do!!!

More about : gameport drivers

March 26, 2011 12:26:42 PM

hi its just the controller that came with my xbox 360, i thought they worked on PCs???
Related resources
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
March 26, 2011 12:30:06 PM

No they will not but the PC ones will work on the Xbox!
March 26, 2011 12:53:58 PM

ahhhh, im sure my mate didnt go out and buy a PC one, he just used his that came with his xbox???
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
March 26, 2011 12:56:31 PM

Well I have an Xbox 360 with 3 controllers that none work with a PC. (one of the original ones) Maybe they are shipping now with controllers that work on both!
March 26, 2011 1:46:14 PM

thanks, looks like im gonna have to buy a controller then...... but the real issue is the fact i can add ANY controllers without the message "Your gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the device manager" and there is no gameport installed (virtual or not)......
!