No Gameport Drivers

hi

Iv had this problem for weeks now and cant seem to find a sloution anywhere!!!

I am trying to install an Xbox 360 controller on my computer but I get the lovely message:

"Your gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the device manager."

I have downloaded the xbox controller driver from Microsoft (im running XP -SP3) so "Xbox360_32Eng.exe"

The device manager shows that there are no gameports installed under sound, video, and game controllers.

I then downloaded and installed the latest sound card driver for the motherboard, (ECS 945GCT-M2 (V1.0) IDT High Definition Audio Driver 0.40)

Again The device manager shows that there are no gameports installed under sound, video, and game controllers.

and Im thinking that I just need a gameport to be installed???? is this true??? i cant seem to find any anywhere!!!!!

many thanks if anyone has the answer or who has been through a similar problem, any small piece of advice will do!!!
6 answers Last reply
More about gameport drivers
  1. Game port is an old connector that used to be on computers but has been eliminated because of the use of USB. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_port
    Are you using xbox 360 controller for PC? http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000123&IsNodeId=1&Description=xbox%20360%20controller&name=PC%20Game%20Controllers&Order=BESTMATCH
  2. hi its just the controller that came with my xbox 360, i thought they worked on PCs???
  3. No they will not but the PC ones will work on the Xbox!
  4. ahhhh, im sure my mate didnt go out and buy a PC one, he just used his that came with his xbox???
  5. Well I have an Xbox 360 with 3 controllers that none work with a PC. (one of the original ones) Maybe they are shipping now with controllers that work on both!
  6. thanks, looks like im gonna have to buy a controller then...... but the real issue is the fact i can add ANY controllers without the message "Your gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the device manager" and there is no gameport installed (virtual or not)......
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Device Manager Drivers Gameport Product