Sign in with
Your question

Problems locating zero autoconfiguration on my laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 6, 2010 12:57:07 PM

Hello,

I have trouble with connecting to my (Belkin) router despite going through all the usual routine of disconnecting everything etc. I am using Windows XP and the broadband provider is Virgin Media. In the past, I have sometimes had this problem although all the connections were / are fine - e.g. my husband's laptop works OK. When this happened, I have usually had to click on Start - Run and then type in something like msc.services which took me to Zero Autoconfiguration, etc, where I was able to do the necessary. However, the address used to appear automatically and now it doesn't and I can't seem to find the correct one. The searches don't take me to where I need to be. Can you help pse? Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 6, 2010 8:31:10 PM

I think you must be talking about Windows Zero Config. You should be able to access Windows Networking setup via the icon in Control Panel. Or from Start, Connect To.

It would help if you would add whether or not you are using wireless.

Also have you checked TCP/IP settings: Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
!