Sound Card With Crossfire

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Im looking to upgrade here soon from my ASUS M4A89GTD/USB3 Pro seeing as how there is no support for Windows 7 64 bit Raid 0, and there is limited amount of pcie 2x16 slots. I was wondering what the best motherboard i could get for an amd AM3 board would be? ive been looking at the GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 board and the MSI 890FXA-GD70 board, Ive looked at the ROG Crosshair IV from ASUS but im just not very confident in ASUS at the moment, the last two boards ive had have had functionality issues and havent provided all the features listed. If anyone had any recommendations they would be greatly appreciated

To address the topic of this post, i have a crossfire setup i am looking to integrate into the new setup, but i am also looking to purchase a sound card, pci-e, but all the motherboards i have seen block the use of that port with any dual sot vga's, does anyone have any recommendations?

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
I have the GB 890GPA-UD3H, which has many of the same components as the 890FXA. Win 7 64 pro, raid set up was a snap. I like the fact that the 2 Sata 2 ports run off of a separate controller, very simple, straight forward bios settings.
I also prefer the GB boards over Asus, as GB has 7 expansion card slots vs. Asus 2.