Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Windows 7
  • Monitors
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 19, 2010 4:28:31 PM

I currently have a Windows 7 pc, 6gb RAM and dual 4890s installed (not crossfire). I want to hook up 3 monitors to play 3 sessions of Eve, one on each monitor. When I play with 2 monitors on one card, I am getting around 60 fps, even playing 3 sessions (1 minimized). Whenever I plug in a monitor into the second card, the fps on all of them drops to 15-30.

How can I get the full 60 fps performance on all 3 monitors?

I've got the latest drivers installed.

More about : dual 4890 triple monitor

a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
May 19, 2010 10:48:53 PM

What kind of FPS are you seeing when you use 1 monitor on each of the 2 video cards and play 1 session of Eve per video card?

What PSU are you using to power that system?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
May 19, 2010 11:26:31 PM

Full system specs would be nice.
m
l
Related resources
May 20, 2010 1:45:00 PM

Sorry

Full Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition
cpu
Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz 8M L3 Cache 4.8GT/sec QPI Hyper-Threading Turbo Boost LGA1366 Processor
mobo
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P Core i7/ Intel X58/ DDR3/ CorssFireX & 3-Way SLI/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard
hd
1TB Sata II 32MB
sound
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card
graphics
MSI R4890-T2D1G OC Radeon HD 4890 1 GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Diamond 4890PE51GXOC ATI Radeon HD 4890 1024 MB XOC 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI-Express Video Card
power
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready

I'll get the performance of 1 session per monitor when I get home from work.
m
l
a b C Monitor
May 20, 2010 2:00:06 PM

Enable crossfire, the top card is doing the work load for all 3 clients (I multy box wow and have played EVE my self) and then drag to screen that is connected to the lower card. Also kill any program that is unneeded in back ground that uses the cpu and the page file. The page file is important since that is ware the OS often stores the texture data while maintaining the system ram for program data. What brand and model is your HDD?
m
l
May 20, 2010 2:06:44 PM

nforce4max said:
Enable crossfire, the top card is doing the work load for all 3 clients (I multy box wow and have played EVE my self) and then drag to screen that is connected to the lower card. Also kill any program that is unneeded in back ground that uses the cpu and the page file. The page file is important since that is ware the OS often stores the texture data while maintaining the system ram for program data. What brand and model is your HDD?

I thought that with crossfire, you couldnt have the monitor plugged into the second card, that only 1 of the graphics ports would work. If thats the case, how do I hook up the 3 monitors? I will try it and see.

HD is Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA II, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive WD10000LSRTL
m
l
May 20, 2010 2:36:51 PM

Enabling crossfire will not allow you to use the 3rd display.

I'm not sure you will be able to do what you want as windows is kind of funny with things like this. I'd imagine the primary card is doing all (most of anyway) the work. There is not really anything you can do about it. Are you able to run 3 with the single card with non minimized? Minimization will likely prevent most of it from being rendered.
m
l
May 20, 2010 2:46:32 PM

daedalus685 said:
Enabling crossfire will not allow you to use the 3rd display.

I'm not sure you will be able to do what you want as windows is kind of funny with things like this. I'd imagine the primary card is doing all (most of anyway) the work. There is not really anything you can do about it. Are you able to run 3 with the single card with non minimized? Minimization will likely prevent most of it from being rendered.

hmm, ok. I will have to check how it performs after work. Are there any cards out there that support 3 dvi outputs on 1 card? Everything I find seems to only have 2.
m
l
May 20, 2010 3:02:24 PM

mattekure said:
hmm, ok. I will have to check how it performs after work. Are there any cards out there that support 3 dvi outputs on 1 card? Everything I find seems to only have 2.

The only things that support 3 outputs are (eventaully) GTX260 and above Nvidia cards in SLI (you will at some point be able to use the secondary cards outputs) and teh new 5000 series from ATI.

The 5000 series are the only ones that support 3 (or more) displays on a single GPU but one of them must be Display port. A DP to DVI adaptor is expensive and passive ones (the cheaper) are rather hit and miss. I'm not sure how they respond to secondary card outputs while in crossfire.
m
l
!