tasks in task manager

I am having a huge prob with the number of tasks... and its slowing down my
pc loads, never was this slow. How can I stop the tasks from starting up
from boot, and also what I need to keep it at the best it can. I think
there are progs on there that also use my network that should not be.?

thanks

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"A Walker" <info@tac-tics.com> wrote in message
>I am having a huge prob with the number of tasks... and its slowing down my
>pc loads, never was this slow. How can I stop the tasks from starting up
>from boot, and also what I need to keep it at the best it can. I think
>there are progs on there that also use my network that should not be.?
>
> thanks

Checke out these links:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm#Services

http://snakefoot.fateback.com/tweak/winnt/services.html