Mouse being controlled by someone else Spyware?

Des123

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I've scanned my computer a gazillion times and nothing shows up *sigh* i've formatted my computer twice and the same thing continues to happen any ideas?

Unless you're OS installation disc is 'pre-infected' (happens quite often in bootleg P2P downloads) you should have fixed the problem.
Unless you loaded some other infected software or used an infected device.
Or that someone else had access to your system and loaded malware on it without you knowing.

4745454b

Titan
Is the mouse hard to control or you catch it doing things? If its just hard to control because it randomly moves around a bit, you might have a dying wireless mouse or receiver. You might also be getting interference somehow. Might want to change your mouse. If you catch it loading programs, etc, then you have a much bigger problem. If this is a shared computer don't forget to question the other users.

Des123

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I can still control with mouse normally so its like 2 people controlling the same mouse and once. Seems quite harmless but the fact that someone is monitoring my screen makes me uncomfortable.

Ran malware bytes and found wpa.hack tool- FaXcool.exe

There is no way to know exactly what is happening. Most of the 'bad stuff' that's likely going on won't be visible to you.

Another angle to look at the pest infections for me.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Well...test this...When it happens again, Unplug your Ethernet cable or disable your wireless to see "if" some is actually controlling it. If it still moves then there is a script running in the background somewhere and you can feel okay that noone was actually watching you. But you will need another copy of Windows.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Do you have siblings? Because I got another mouse and was able to pair it up with the same computer and mess my brother's mouse movements - it was great fun. It might not be software related, but just harmless fun :p.

But in the more likely case that it is malware related, do what dormantreign said. If it's via spyware then he has to be controlling over the internet. Unplugging it should determine whether you have spyware or not.

Also, change mouses before installing a new copy of windows. That will also narrow down the problem - if it's fixed, it's a hardware problem. If it's still there, then it's software.

Des123

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I can never be sure its random and the only evidence is mouse controlling where the person can just not touch it and let me believe its gone. Heck he's probably reading this right now either way i guess im going to have to buy win7

More than likely it's a completely automated script. Those 'botnets the hackers like to collect can have hundreds or even thousands of 'zombie' systems.
And a lot of those scripts will keep running in the background even disconnected from the 'Net.

You have to expect that any account/password information you've used has been compromised. Hopefully that won't include banking details.