First time building a gaming computer.... Help please.

k1ngkev1n1

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Will use it for gaming crysis, COD, Source, starcraft II, diablo III when i comes out. WOW...etc

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next two months BUDGET RANGE: (e.g.: 1000-1200) Before Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Office depot for what i can get I have about $800 credit there (saw an antec computer case:
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/699905/Antec-Nine-Hundred-tower-ATX/
Otherwise i guess newegg or any other site that is cheap and reliable.

PARTS PREFERENCES: going to have a 23-24 inch monitor

OVERCLOCKING: not sure

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: dont want a super loud computer, what it to last a while and be easily upgradable in the future for newer possible games. Like diablo III...

I have credit from office depot ($800) that is why it would be nice to get parts there or something. Someone said i can get this computer and upgrade the power supply and video card... here is the link: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/508974/HP-Pavilion-p6540f-Magnesium-Grey-Edition/?cm_cat=2000000020

If so what power supply would work and which video card is best value. tahnks for you help in advance guys.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Also, consider the Sapphire (non Vapor-X model) 5870 ... vs. the XFX ...

... XFX has a better warranty but they (often) cost a little more and sapphire uses better "jap-caps" and copper coils, etc ...

.... With the XFX ... you are (much?) more likely to NEED that warranty.

... If Saphire/PNY/EVGA are not available (or cost more) ... XFX would be my next choice ... if NONE of "those" are in stock ... then wait until they are.

DDR5 is obviously more desirable than DDR3 ... I think they all come with 1GB GDDR.

= Cheers =

Alvin Smith

Distinguished

k1ngkev1n1

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010

Hey sorry but just curious if its worth getting a i7 920 or 930 vs the i5 750 cpu? exte $90 thas why i ask.

TRENDING THREADS