Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Water Cooling
  • Cases
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
August 25, 2010 4:45:23 PM

I've known and loved this case longer than my fiance, but it's time to let go. I got it for $30 in a local independent computer parts store (do they still have those anymore?) and over the years I've sanded and painted it to a mirror finish, added a side-window and acoustic mats, and spent many hours cutting holes and routing cables to fit my water cooling loop inside (1/2" tubing, Eheim pump, Swiftech GPU and CPU blocks, heater-core rad). This worked great and kept my last system (E5200 O/C to 3.3GHz, ATI 4670) cool with CPU temps around 35c under load.

I recently ordered parts for a new build: AMD 965 BE, Radeon 5850, 2TB Raid-0, Xonar DX, 4GB RAM, and re-using my 750w PSU, TV Tuner, and optical drives. I managed to fit everything inside, but my water cooling loop just can't handle the heat. Once I fire up a game my CPU temps slowly climb from 40c to 60c, even with the side panel removed.

So this is where I could use some help. I have another water-cooled PC with a CM Stacker 810 case using a Danger Den Black Ice Pro II radiator and adapter plate, and I loved how easy it was to fit everything inside. Can anyone recommend a full-tower ATX case that would have plenty of room to mount a 2 or 3-fan radiator with similar ease? I am not at all impressed with the flashy plastic CM plastered all over the new Stacker 832, so I'd be willing to pay around $200 for something I won't be embarrassed to display in my living room.

Is the Cooler Master Cosmos going to be my best bet if I liked the Stacker? For that price there are a ton of options from Thermaltake, Silverstone, and HEC, and I'd appreciate hearing from anyone that has tried a similar build in them with water cooling.

More about : case water cooling

a c 91 ) Power supply
August 25, 2010 6:10:22 PM

For a water cooled setup, give a look to the Corsair Obsidian 800D.. My guess is, you wont need to look anymore for a case to support watercooling needs..
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
August 25, 2010 8:59:24 PM

Corsair Obsidian is good but its out of OP's price range, CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 or HAF 932 are good choices.
September 1, 2010 1:38:17 PM

Best answer selected by mactruck.
m
l