Sign in with
Your question

Audiophile - when will computers even come close?

Last response: in Systems
June 27, 2010 11:10:00 AM

When will computers even come close to matching the quality of even a failry low quality home stereo system? I feel like i might as well be listening to 8 tracks, LP's sound better than anything in the last three decades (with a decent stylus). These digital computer systems suck so bad they remind me of why i did not like the digital conversion movement 20 years ago (although it's hard to tell the difference between a Cd and a low grade LP system) - comptures are digital at its worst - jumpy, horribly unresponsive, volume goes in and out, and a sound that's not even close to accurate (to a true sound- close your eyes - tell me - does it sound like they are 20 ft in front of you?) They go in and out, the volume is not consistent, i can't even imagine trying to hook the up to my old school JBL's, Angstroms, or my TOA's for that matter. All the advancements and no solutions to this? I am not impressed with the market demand for this. I guess in this day and age its more about the gadgets. I have no choice but to keep my systems separate for another decade (or two).....where are you techies? Big money if you solve this.... good luck....

If anyone out there has ideas that are worth the investment, please let me know. Otherwise i am investing in more in moster cable for my BK amp and speakers.

Thx.
June 27, 2010 11:34:59 AM

Do you know what an aftermarket sound card looks like? Even an Xonar essence sounds better then 90% of those crap sound systems out there. Complete that with a 7.2 speaker system and ur in audio heaven.
m
l
June 27, 2010 8:04:22 PM

boldor said:
Do you know what an aftermarket sound card looks like? Even an Xonar essence sounds better then 90% of those crap sound systems out there. Complete that with a 7.2 speaker system and ur in audio heaven.

will give it a close look. thanks...
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2010 8:15:09 PM

A little O/T but check out QED Cables, Monster is usually waaay overpriced IMHO
m
l
June 28, 2010 8:16:37 PM

Anyway 24/192 via SPDIF is pretty damn good you know, just need a decent DAC
m
l
April 19, 2011 4:04:39 PM

Fiio e7 + e9 for portable and laptop/desktop and if you want to spend on the weak link in the chain go w/ HRT music streamer II. I think most everyone would get a nice surprise (like your jaw might drop) and you'd have stunned look on your face. Computer audio is turning a corner right now. Maybe the HRT msII w/ the Fiio e9 would be the better combo for a desktop for $250.oo and i<m not a salesman, i'm just very technical. Yours trully SKIPGAP
m
l
Related resources
!