Anyone with Eyefinity (Suggestion Please)

damithagg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Hello,
I had a 5770 on one of my rigs but it was defective. I recently switched to a 5830. I want to get 3 monitors for an Eyefinity setup. I have a samsung 22" right now.

My Questions are:

1) Is it possible to get a 24" center monitor and use two 22' monitors for the peripheral. Or is it just better to get 3 24" monitors.

2) Do most people get 3 of the same kind or would it be OK to get 3 different monitors of the same size.

3) Could anyone suggest the best options for 22-24" that fall inside the $150-200 range

multiscreenz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
You can use different size monitors. I know the 5850 will run three monitors. Not entireely sure about the 5830. If you can, you will have to have at least one monitor with DisplayPort input. Otherwise you will need a DisplayPort to DVI Active Adapter and they cost about $100.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008

I actually have a 5770 and have the setup you were wondering about. I'll post a pic of what it looks like with HAWX. I'm not regretting, but can't wait to get another 22" actually. I would rather get two more 24"(s) but they are too pricey at the moment.

Oh, in case you were wondering I am using a DP => DVI active adapter, it's an Accell (sp?). I think I need to RMA it though, goes in and out with the monitor sometimes (I actually have read that quite a few people have had bad adapters, but not sure if it's specific to just Accell.)

Specs on my system are all up to date in my profile besides my card I think.