Case wiring

Hello All,

I have a CodeGen Briza Series E6097 Case that I cannot find a wiring diagram for. I am attempting to install an ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard into this case, but the wiring diagram for the motherboard and the wiring.

The front wiring connections are:
PLED: green +, white -
HDD: Orange, white
Reset: Black, white
PwrSw: Green, Black

I am not sure which are + and which are -, nor am I sure how it relates to the motherboards instructions of:
PLED + -
IDE_LED + -
PWRSW (Power, Ground)
Reset (Reset, Ground)

Can anyone assist in what color constitutes + and which is -? As well, which is Power and which is ground? Reset and which is ground?

I appreciate any assistance.
Reply to syndoc66
16 answers Last reply
More about case wiring
  1. You have the polarites of the wires sorted, this is good :)
    and you know the pins on the header (Motherboard socket for front panel),
    match up:
    PLED to PLED on mobo (+to+ -to- obviously)
    HDD to IDE
    pwrsw to pwrsw
    and reset to reset,
    if you get stuck on pins, this is a link to your mobo manual
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=M4A785-M&SLanguage=en-us
    download english is the bottom link
    Moto
    Reply to Motopsychojdn
  2. Actually, I have the mobo manual. My problem is determining which of the side of the pwrsw and which side of reset (by wire color) from the wires from the front of the case is positive. I see in the manual which one is supposed to be positive.

Any suggestions?
    Reply to syndoc66
  3. It does not matter with the power and reset switches

R
    E
    S H
    E D
    T D
    X-+-+
    -+-+
    P P
    O O
    W W
    E E
    R R

L
    E
    D
    Reply to mbscomp
  4. syndoc66 said:
    Actually, I have the mobo manual. My problem is determining which of the side of the pwrsw and which side of reset (by wire color) from the wires from the front of the case is positive. I see in the manual which one is supposed to be positive.

Any suggestions?

It doesn't make a difference on those 2 as the switch just completes the circuit when pressed so doesn't matter which wire goes to which connector as long as the set of wires is on the correct connector ! (But normally BLACK is the universal color for the GROUND (-) wire !!
    Reply to JDFan
  5. White is - in almost every case I've worked on for many years.
    Reply to popatim
  6. In computer cases with white and colored wires, white is the negative lead. For switches, it doesn't matter. they are non-polarized.

For the LED's, if they do not come on, simply reverse the motherboard connector. Plugging them in backwards will not hurt them. They just won't illuminate.
    Reply to jsc
  7. i am installing an ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard also, but only the +PLED and -PLED connectors have me stumped. The board is only labeled in one area [PLED] - but there are two connectors. 1 pin is inner mobo, the other outer edge, and they are diagonal. i just wanted to make sure i put the right one in the right place! Thanks for the direct link to ASUS support.
    Reply to AJSG59
  8. as stated by Jsc, it doesn't much matter with led's which wire goes where, just one grounded and one power is all you need
    but as before, heres the link to asus for you mobo
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=M4A785-M&SLanguage=en-us
    Moto
    Reply to Motopsychojdn
  9. I wish connections to the motherboard were clearer. I have built many PC's but I always have to stop and think about these darn leads. I appreciate that many are none polarity switch leads and the LED ones I assume diode protect for dumb me but I would like to get them correct first time :)
    Is white positive or negative?
    Logically I expect black to always be negative therefore white must be positive for the +PLED wire yes?
    As a normal rule, can I assume that all other connections are correct if the printed legend is facing the outside of the MB?
    Thanks.
    Reply to HuntTheShunt
  10. The common colour is almost always ground, in your case its white
    and I don't quite follow your last part, printed legend?
    Moto
    Reply to Motopsychojdn
  11. Motopsychojdn said:
    The common colour is almost always ground, in your case its white
    Moto

Hmm so ground is negative and that means white is negative yes?

Printed legend = the white text on the plugs the say what the lead is.

Thanks.
    Reply to HuntTheShunt
  12. Aah right, doesn't matter which way the print on the wire faces, they don't all face the same way,
    but yes, I would state that white is ground, except on your pwrsw in which case I suggest black is ground
    Moto
    Reply to Motopsychojdn
  13. Motopsychojdn said:
    Aah right, doesn't matter which way the print on the wire faces, they don't all face the same way,
    but yes, I would state that white is ground, except on your pwrsw in which case I suggest black is ground
    Moto

Thanks for your help.

You can see why I think all this is as clear a mud.
    Reply to HuntTheShunt
  14. No probs man, somethings care easy to figure, some not so, at least you had thee sense to ask before blowing things up :-)
    Glad to help man,
    Moto
    Reply to Motopsychojdn
  15. Ive just been through this same issue, if you look on the leads plastics that cover the terminals you will find a G stamped on them for the ground and a triangle stamped for power, but yeah all white wires are the ground for cases.
    Reply to mattyfinster
  16. Motopsychojdn said:
    The common colour is almost always ground, in your case its white
    Moto

And what when both leads are exactly the same color... my pwrsw, resetsw, and hddled are all2-pin connectors, and the leads are black with gray stripe, on all of them...I realize the power & reset switch don't matter, but what about the hdd led...? it's the same type of connector as the other 2...and the manual is no help. (I have thermaltake overseer RX-2) a

I figure maybe they are intended for the writing on the leads to be visible...so if I end up having to guess, I'm going to put writing outwards on the lead...unless any suggestions...
    Reply to donnasander
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Motherboards Components