Bent heatsink

zherlthsh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
I was wondering if it's worth returning a mobo and having to wait for weeks for a new one and not being able to use your computer until it arrives if a heatsink on the mobo came bent. Will it cause any problems down the road? it doesnt look to be cracked just bent, my brother just pointed it out to me, i never actually noticed myself.

pic here http://i55.tinypic.com/2e56yjk.jpg

It's pushed in to the left pretty far, nothing in the case has touched it.

there is a small scratch on it thats not visable on the area bent most, the thing i find weird is the farthest part of it is perfectly straight it's just the mid, right section thats bent so im not sure how that happened.

zherlthsh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
PC probe says

MB: 26c
CPU: 32c

when im gaming and actually paying attention i havent seen it get above 36c. Not OC'ed at 3.4ghz with a Zalaman 9900 NT.
i'm using an older graphic card atm and have video affects turned down, im nto sure if that would also affect it when i get a new GPU and max them out. The only thing i have noticed is it is a little laggy when starting up after the log in screen sometimes for 1 min and sometimes for a couple seconds but then it seems to be working just fine.

TRENDING THREADS