It's too quiet in here...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 25, 2005 6:55:48 AM

This group still alive?

--
Linus

More about : quiet

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 1:13:49 PM

"Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
news:11bq37fqi9bo281@corp.supernews.com
> This group still alive?

Yeah... but... nobody wants to make the first move, yaknow? So we just
sit around waiting, like buzzards ;)  LOL :)
McG.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 10:56:48 PM

"Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
> This group still alive?

Shh.

> --
> Linus

June 26, 2005 5:39:53 AM

> "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
> > This group still alive?
>
> Yeah... but... nobody wants to make the first move, yaknow? So we just
> sit around waiting, like buzzards ;)  LOL :)
> McG.

Well, I'm not really quite, just very, very busy with real life. Dh's and my
business has really taken off in the last month. (we own a sign shop, just
opened in November) and we've been busier than a one armed paper hanger.
Soooo, not shhhhh, just sh****t we're busy!

Lisa aka pagemaster
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 6:37:14 AM

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
>>> This group still alive?
>>
>> Yeah... but... nobody wants to make the first move, yaknow? So we
>> just sit around waiting, like buzzards ;)  LOL :)
>> McG.
>
> Well, I'm not really quite, just very, very busy with real life. Dh's
> and my business has really taken off in the last month. (we own a
> sign shop, just opened in November) and we've been busier than a one
> armed paper hanger. Soooo, not shhhhh, just sh****t we're busy!
>
> Lisa aka pagemaster

Ah but that is a GOOD thing Lisa! Congrats! No worries, the games and
ng's will always be there. This is a leisure thing; you can drop in
any time you want to. I fix things for a living, so there is always a
full plate for me. Enjoy the work!
McG.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 8:22:44 AM

We're all in eager anticipation,you see ?

lol

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:13:49 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
>> This group still alive?
>
>Yeah... but... nobody wants to make the first move, yaknow? So we just
>sit around waiting, like buzzards ;)  LOL :)
>McG.

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 10:11:36 AM

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from rocketranger@neverland.com
was heard, at about 06/25/2005 10:22 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> We're all in eager anticipation,you see ?
>
> lol

Well, maybe not *all* of us!

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:13:49 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>This group still alive?
>>
>>Yeah... but... nobody wants to make the first move, yaknow? So we just
>>sit around waiting, like buzzards ;)  LOL :)
>>McG.

;)

---
PW
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 10:24:35 AM

Linus wrote:

> This group still alive?
>
> --
> Linus

Shhhhh! Be vewy vewy quiet...I'm hunting demon guarded artifacts from
before the Age of Atlantean Supremacy! - Elmer Croft < Lara's less well
known cousin from America >

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Mr Flibble: "Moving right along now...as if nothing happened..."

GS wrote:

> Linus wrote:
> >
> > This group still alive?
> >
> > --
> > Linus
>
> Shhhhh! Be vewy vewy quiet...I'm hunting demon guarded artifacts from
> before the Age of Atlantean Supremacy! - Elmer Croft < Lara's less well
> known cousin from America >
>
> --
> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> Mr Flibble: "Moving right along now...as if nothing happened..."

Ahem...pardon me. That was, of course: 'Atwantean Supwemacy'! <
peripatetic pedant mode >

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Mr. Flibble says: "Yah yah, sure sure...fagidaboudit."

Yea, my drafting business has been pretty busy also. That and a family of
10 pretty much takes up the slack . I'm still playing the custom levels
though and am currently trying to get through "The Rescue" series. I tell
you, some of these custom levels are really good and as challenging as any
commercial TR. Ah but my kids have drifted off in more of a "L.O.R."
direction I fear - 'cept for one daughter who's still plugging away at TR4.
She's also my NASCAR buddy :-)

Anyway, so there you have it. That's how this 58 year old, Vermont, TR fan
is spending his time these days.

> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Yeah... but... nobody wants to make the first move, yaknow? So we
>>> just sit around waiting, like buzzards ;)  LOL :)
>>> McG.
>>
>> Well, I'm not really quite, just very, very busy with real life. Dh's
>> and my business has really taken off in the last month. (we own a
>> sign shop, just opened in November) and we've been busier than a one
>> armed paper hanger. Soooo, not shhhhh, just sh****t we're busy!
>>
>> Lisa aka pagemaster
>
> Ah but that is a GOOD thing Lisa! Congrats! No worries, the games and
> ng's will always be there. This is a leisure thing; you can drop in any
> time you want to. I fix things for a living, so there is always a full
> plate for me. Enjoy the work!
> McG.

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:03:49 PM

There I was, minding my own business, when Linus said...

> This group still alive?

Sleeping....hungover...need more sleep....
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 3:09:48 PM

"Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
> Yea, my drafting business has been pretty busy also. That and a
> family of 10 pretty much takes up the slack . I'm still playing the
> custom levels though and am currently trying to get through "The
> Rescue" series. I tell you, some of these custom levels are really
> good and as challenging as any commercial TR. Ah but my kids have
> drifted off in more of a "L.O.R." direction I fear - 'cept for one
> daughter who's still plugging away at TR4. She's also my NASCAR buddy
> :-)
> Anyway, so there you have it. That's how this 58 year old, Vermont,
> TR fan is spending his time these days.

>> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Well, I'm not really quite, just very, very busy with real life.
>>> Dh's and my business has really taken off in the last month. (we
>>> own a sign shop, just opened in November) and we've been busier
>>> than a one armed paper hanger. Soooo, not shhhhh, just sh****t
>>> we're busy! Lisa aka pagemaster
>>
>> Ah but that is a GOOD thing Lisa! Congrats! No worries, the games
>> and ng's will always be there. This is a leisure thing; you can
>> drop in any time you want to. I fix things for a living, so there
>> is always a full plate for me. Enjoy the work!
>> McG.

Family of 10? Lordy! I called it quits when I got to 4 kids :)
They're all grown and out on their own now. Though I do still have to
watch em when they sneak around my DVD collection they don't mess with
my TR's :)  Funny that, not a one of my 4 ever got very interested in
TR. Maybe cause I was always playing one?
McG.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:27:31 AM

Nice rig ya got there Drac! My you do get around! :)
McG.

"Dr Richard Cranium" <dracman@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> I am still here ! ain't leavin' have large hopes for Toby and Lara.
>
> I have Final Fantasy XI running on my HP m7170n media machine just to
> my right, while typing this in.
> guess i've gone over big time for online games. I beta tested World
> of Warcraft - to much fun!!!
> I have a PS2 with Final Fantasy X2 (+ international) on it. Square
> sure knows how to craft an adventure !
> If we all could get this guy Masahiro Ushiyama
> http://www.geocities.jp/usm3dcg/RSmovie/movie.html
> *url to his latest Aja (game progrss ?) movie* anyway if we could
> get this game in our hot adventuring hands to play huh! huh! yeah.
>

> well i've gone dual core P4 and ati x800pro and x850XL pci-e and been
> to Arica Africa, Fortelaiza Brazil, Canary Islands, and presently
> working out of Kodiak (Coast Guard base). I wait (my my like a spider
> to a fly). Ready willing and able Kibley ! Just get my Fusel.
>
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
>
> ** No Fate **
>
> cheers,
> dracman
> Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
>
> ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
>
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictu...
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midas...
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm
>
> **purchase Tomb Raider 1 PC CD **
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm#tombraider1
>
> ===============================
> **savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm
>
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
>
> ** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm
>
> ** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova
>
> -=-=-
>
> ** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures ! **
> ** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh"
>
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionline/rikku/jibb/Jueno....
>
> -=-=-
>
> ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3
>
> ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
>
> ** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles
>
> ** World of Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport
> Discovered http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html
>

> ===============================
> ** No Pili'kaia **
>

> "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
>> This group still alive?
>>
>> --
>> Linus

> -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:38:02 AM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

>"Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
>> Yea, my drafting business has been pretty busy also. That and a
>> family of 10 pretty much takes up the slack . I'm still playing the
>> custom levels though and am currently trying to get through "The
>> Rescue" series. I tell you, some of these custom levels are really
>> good and as challenging as any commercial TR. Ah but my kids have
>> drifted off in more of a "L.O.R." direction I fear - 'cept for one
>> daughter who's still plugging away at TR4. She's also my NASCAR buddy
>> :-)
>> Anyway, so there you have it. That's how this 58 year old, Vermont,
>> TR fan is spending his time these days.
>>

>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message

>>> Ah but that is a GOOD thing Lisa! Congrats! No worries, the games
>>> and ng's will always be there. This is a leisure thing; you can
>>> drop in any time you want to. I fix things for a living, so there
>>> is always a full plate for me. Enjoy the work!
>>> McG.
>
>Family of 10? Lordy! I called it quits when I got to 4 kids :)
>They're all grown and out on their own now. Though I do still have to
>watch em when they sneak around my DVD collection they don't mess with
>my TR's :)  Funny that, not a one of my 4 ever got very interested in
>TR. Maybe cause I was always playing one?
>McG.

Bloody 'ell!
I decided back in 1969 that one (any kind) would be too many, given
the overpopulation of the planet that we could see, even back then.

Nowadays, I'm a comfortably retired bachelor, happy in my peaceful
gaming life. There's *never* been any 3:00am screaming, shitty nappies
to clean up, food fads, teenage angst, late night visits from the
constabulary (well, there HAVE been those, but only when the party's
been too loud{grin}) AND I know that at least I haven't been
contributing to increasing the pollution problems.

..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
June 27, 2005 1:25:41 PM

"Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in alt.games.tombraider:

> This group still alive?

Right, quite quiet.

--
CeeBee

***The cookie has spoken***
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:59:16 PM

"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
>
>> "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
>>> Yea, my drafting business has been pretty busy also. That and a
>>> family of 10 pretty much takes up the slack . I'm still playing the
>>> custom levels though and am currently trying to get through "The
>>> Rescue" series. I tell you, some of these custom levels are really
>>> good and as challenging as any commercial TR. Ah but my kids have
>>> drifted off in more of a "L.O.R." direction I fear - 'cept for one
>>> daughter who's still plugging away at TR4. She's also my NASCAR
>>> buddy :-)
>>> Anyway, so there you have it. That's how this 58 year old, Vermont,
>>> TR fan is spending his time these days.
>>>

>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Family of 10? Lordy! I called it quits when I got to 4 kids :)
>> They're all grown and out on their own now. Though I do still have
>> to watch em when they sneak around my DVD collection they don't mess
>> with my TR's :)  Funny that, not a one of my 4 ever got very
>> interested in TR. Maybe cause I was always playing one?
>> McG.
>>

> Bloody 'ell!
> I decided back in 1969 that one (any kind) would be too many, given
> the overpopulation of the planet that we could see, even back then.
>
> Nowadays, I'm a comfortably retired bachelor, happy in my peaceful
> gaming life. There's *never* been any 3:00am screaming, shitty nappies
> to clean up, food fads, teenage angst, late night visits from the
> constabulary (well, there HAVE been those, but only when the party's
> been too loud{grin}) AND I know that at least I haven't been
> contributing to increasing the pollution problems.

Well, I do know being up at any and all hours for a baby, I do know
changing diapers, feeding time, high chairs, strollers, cribs, teen
angst, etc etc et al. I figure you and I each made the right choices.
For ourselves :)
McG.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 9:43:37 AM

CeeBee wrote:

> "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in alt.games.tombraider:
>
> > This group still alive?
>

> Right, quite quiet.
>
> --
> CeeBee
>
> ***The cookie has spoken***

I like that tag line. It "works." :)

-- G

*** the G man *** er um.... The G has spo.... aw forget it. <humph> :/
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:45:33 AM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:55:48 -0500, "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net>
wrote:

>This group still alive?

Let's start a fake discussion under (different) pseudonyms about an
old tr level we can't get through.. for old times sake.
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 11:50:45 AM

> Hello McG,
>
> guess i am an adventurerer in my own right huh.
>
> ** no Fate **
>
> dracman

Yes indeed! :)  I've no idea where you get the energy to do all this,
but more power to ya!
McG.

!