Sign in with
Your question

Bluetooth PCI card for BT keyboard?

Last response: in Components
August 25, 2010 9:54:47 PM

Hello,

I have googled this but found no relevant information on this topic. Essentially, I want to get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for my desktop computer. I'm sure I can just put in the bluetooth USB dongle that will come with them, but I was wondering if I could save a USB slot by installing a PCI bluetooth dongle. I have no idea if they even make these, and if they do, who a reputable manufacturer would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
August 25, 2010 10:05:53 PM

Hello dantheman1001;
I've seen WiFi and Bluetooth PCI wireless adapter cards - but not just Bluetooth alone.
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2010 11:15:45 PM

You can also install a PCI USB card that has an internal USB port like this one. Then you can install the bluetooth dongle internally... and you've added more precious external USB ports! :lol:  win-win

Comes in handy if you have kids that like to yank out the BT dongle!
m
l
August 25, 2010 11:26:05 PM

I tried this a few years ago and found, back then, that the BT keybd and mice weren't really compatible with generic BT adapters. I suggest you buy a mouse/keybd 'package' so you end up with just 1 BT USB dongle.

Of course things may have changed since then so I'll be watching how things turn out for you. Good luck.
m
l
!