Sign in with
Your question

Cooler master haf x

Last response: in Systems
June 27, 2010 11:01:34 PM

fist off wow this case looks AMAZING

the question i have is wtf where they thinking when only giving 1 200 mm fan for the top when there's space for 2 o well.

so how do i know what 200 mm fan to order with the case so there the same or is that possible.
i dont want to order a fan and have 2 different colors on top running at different speeds and all that.

More about : cooler master haf

June 27, 2010 11:53:18 PM

well on new egg the only 200 mm fans where by cooler master but they where clear and blue or red led.

they where 700rpm 110 cfm and 19db for 20 bucks i dont know if those are better than what comes in the x though.

ya i was looking at that case also its defenatly roomier but i dont know if it has better air flow than the 1200 but if some one says otherwise i might look into it my self.
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2010 2:35:45 PM

a i was looking at that new egg one but dam 20 bucks on a fan.

thanks for the cooler master link, but they only had 92,120,140,230 fans guess ill just wait till they put a 200 on there. i could buy 2 or more fans from them instead of one expensive one from newegg.
m
l
June 28, 2010 2:50:29 PM

there is one single downfall the the haf x and for some it might not matter but the only dust cover on the front is on the lower fan but the vented 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 drive bays do not so that's a pretty big area to have dust come in at.

hence y antec put its fans in the 3 1/2 bays covered and put foam in the 5 1/4 bays so no dust could come in.

but man the more i look at it the more i like it, except that unfiltered part.
m
l
June 28, 2010 3:01:21 PM

y i noticed that i couldnt tell if those covers where filtered or not but o well i have some stuff from a wet dry fish tank filter i can cut to size and put in there if needed its still high airflow stuff but will stop dust.
m
l
July 9, 2010 10:59:10 PM

bobbyjb said:
there is one single downfall the the haf x and for some it might not matter but the only dust cover on the front is on the lower fan but the vented 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 drive bays do not so that's a pretty big area to have dust come in at.

hence y antec put its fans in the 3 1/2 bays covered and put foam in the 5 1/4 bays so no dust could come in.

but man the more i look at it the more i like it, except that unfiltered part.

Hey bobbyjd the 5.25" and hot swap front covers have a very thin dust filter built in to them so it will provide some filtering action for the case. But the large ventilation area on the bottom is unfiltered so that may be a sticking point for some people.
m
l
!