May 20, 2010 3:16:30 AM

Hi,

I just upgraded from an 8600GT to a GT 240. Here are my current specs:

Dell Dimension E510
Windows XP
Intel Pentium D 2.8ghz
3.25 Gig RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GT 240

I play Battlefield 2 and Team Fortress 2 regularly. The video card upgrade did wonders for TF2, but it seems to have made BF2 worse. BF2 was running fine, but after putting the video card in, regardless of the server or how low my ping (around 30-60), I get a lot of what I can only describe as lag. My character will continue to move in a direction that I stopped moving in, there is a regular stutter. It also doesn't matter what the graphics level are set to. I have them at low or high and run into the same problem.

Does anyone know what may be the problem? I downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Thanks.
a c 236 U Graphics card
May 20, 2010 3:20:14 AM

1. could be the drivers, try to rollback to a previous version

2. Battlefield 2 could have done a system check, once it saw a new video card it upped the graphic level to match the new card.
Score
May 20, 2010 5:39:54 AM

maybe the game did not take in the new graphics decoder.....first copy ur saved game files to another drive uninstall the game using a uninstaller like revo for removing any leftover game files ,restart ur system and install the game freshly....
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 23, 2010 11:25:09 AM

TBirdOnline, the lag is due to your old processor, Battlefield struggles on the new core quadcore CPUs, there is no way that a 5-6 year old Pentium D will handle such a game. The Geforce 240 averagely good. You'll have to be satisfied to play the game at low/medium detail with AA (antialiasing off)
Score
a c 236 U Graphics card
May 23, 2010 2:01:53 PM

Quote:
TBirdOnline, the lag is due to your old processor, Battlefield struggles on the new core quadcore CPUs, there is no way that a 5-6 year old Pentium D will handle such a game. The Geforce 240 averagely good. You'll have to be satisfied to play the game at low/medium detail with AA (antialiasing off)

you are confusing Battlefield 2 with Battlefield Bad Company 2. Battlefield Field was released in 2005 so a "5-6" year old CPU can handle such a game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_2

Score
June 7, 2010 1:32:00 AM

Hi Guys,

I figured out that the skating/lag only occurs on the Operation Blue Pearl map. I am unsure why. I wonder if it has to do with the large amount of fog, since all none of the other maps have much or any fog. It is absolutely bizarre. I can be playing 4 different maps on the same server, but as soon as I get to that map, my game goes to crap.

Anybody else run into this and care to share a solution? I am going to try and crank my settings down to "low" and see if that helps, but thought I would post an update.

Thanks.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
January 24, 2012 6:11:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!