tiff with more pages

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 18, 2004 1:01:11 AM

sometimes when i acquire a photo from the scanner and save it as a tiff
(in photoshop 8), the program seems to genrate two or three pictures. It
is only one file, but in a viewer such as ACDC, the file is viewed as if
it had more "pages". Each of these pages has quite a different colour
scheme. What is it. How can I get rid of it.
thanks for any help

More about : tiff pages

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 1:01:12 AM

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:01:11 +0100, Pavel Ferenc
<pavel.ferenc@seznam.cz> wrote:

>sometimes when i acquire a photo from the scanner and save it as a tiff
>(in photoshop 8), the program seems to genrate two or three pictures. It
>is only one file, but in a viewer such as ACDC, the file is viewed as if
>it had more "pages". Each of these pages has quite a different colour
>scheme. What is it. How can I get rid of it.
>thanks for any help

Photoshop does this when writing TIFFs. I believe one of them is a
low-resolution thumbnail for faster browsing. It's called an image
pyramid - multiple resolutions of the same picture embedded in the
TIFF for read-effciency. I don't know why the colors differ. Photoshop
seems to put at least one thumbnail in regardless of the pyramid
setting.

--
Owamanga!
!