Why is the write speed so slow on my new SSD?Disk write caching is enabled for those who are wondering.

On the left is a Patriot Torqx 2 64GB.On the right is a OCZ Vertex 2 60GB.

Let me know if you need any more info.

ATTO doesn't use real world tests.Which is why companies use it because it gives them better results so that they can use it for marketing.The problem is is that the advertised write speed for the Vertex 2 is 280 mb/s.Which is actually more than the Torqx 2's advertised speed.

xunicronx

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
Do you know if the OCZ Vertex 2 is formatted using AHCI? Have you tried to install the OCZ Vertex 2 onto the SATA port that the Patriot Torqx 2 is using and then run the CrystalDiskMark utility again?

Your MB has two SATA III (Marvell) and two other SATA III (intel), which port do you connect the SSD? Check the manual.

Your SSDs are the SATAII SSD and even you connect to the SATAIII (intel) port, they still work as SATAII SSD that will have lower speed.
Check the link http://www.techreaction.net/2010/07/06/review-ocz-vertex-2-ex-series-60gb-ssd/

In fact you have better result, because they use the X58 MB which has the Marvell SATAIII and intel SATAII.

If you want the good performance SSD, buy the SATAIII SSD and connect it to the SATAIII (intel) port.

I have them on the Intel ports.I've read that the Marvell ports are slower than the Intel ones.

Yes I know.SATA III and SATA II are backwards compatible.

My whole problem with the results is that back when I first bought it I remember the write speeds being over 200mb/s.I sent it back to OCZ to be replaced because it broke.Those tests you see above are from the brand new SSD.

mad-max79

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012