Sign in with
Your question

Gateway vs acer

Last response: in Systems
June 28, 2010 7:09:46 AM

Hello,

Costco is offering a Gateway computer in the retail store for $699, and an ACER computer online only at cost.com also for $699. Which is a more reliable company/computer??? There is also a SONY in the retail store for $200 MORE .... $899 (also on a sale price). Any comments ...this will only be used while away at a second home about 10 weeks a year, and very occassional on a trip. thanks for your help. HJL90815@yahoo.com

More about : gateway acer

June 28, 2010 7:20:20 AM

Gateway and Acer are the same company with two brand names. Like HP/Compaq.

The sony is better quality.
m
l
June 28, 2010 7:23:21 AM

I cant really say one is better than the other. IMHO acer is cheap and simple for NOT powerusers at all. They make pretty and cheap products. I would personally go acer ive had less issues with them than gateway. That and yelling at their tech support gets you free parts...Good Luck.
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2010 7:27:16 AM

yo_yo2400 said:
I cant really say one is better than the other. IMHO acer is cheap and simple for NOT powerusers at all. They make pretty and cheap products. I would personally go acer ive had less issues with them than gateway. That and yelling at their tech support gets you free parts...Good Luck.

THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY!
m
l
June 28, 2010 5:49:16 PM

Based on my past work experience, I wouldn't go for Acer/Gateway systems. Personally, I've never purchased a Acer/Gateway system because of that. But that's in the past. Maybe the quality has been improved a lot lately. When you've decided which model to go, read more reveiws before buying it.

HTH.
m
l
June 28, 2010 6:04:07 PM

Ok I guess they are. Learn something new everyday.
m
l
!