Official Release Date for tomb raider legend

March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop im new here so i just
wanted to see whats going on my fellow tomb raiders in here i hope this
time around the frnachjise doesnt fail like tomb raider angel of
darkness and can somebody in here answer this question will crystal
dynamics continue the story with that curtis guy where he disappeared
because i was surfing around the web for informaion and i hope they wrap
that story up but maybe not just start off with a brand new story only
time will tell.
15 answers Last reply
More about official release date tomb raider legend
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Dani wrote:
    > My game store still says Nov 2005.
    > Wassup with the different dates?
    >
    > Dani
    >
    > "Von Croy" <Croft_Legend21@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > > March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop im new here so i just
    > > wanted to see whats going on my fellow tomb raiders in here i hope this
    > > time around the frnachjise doesnt fail like tomb raider angel of
    > > darkness and can somebody in here answer this question will crystal
    > > dynamics continue the story with that curtis guy where he disappeared
    > > because i was surfing around the web for informaion and i hope they wrap
    > > that story up but maybe not just start off with a brand new story only
    > > time will tell.

    1. Shipping times vary.

    2. I've only seen rough estimates of the release up until that
    "November 2005" that you mentioned (which has been repeated on this NG).
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    My game store still says Nov 2005.
    Wassup with the different dates?

    Dani

    "Von Croy" <Croft_Legend21@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop im new here so i just
    > wanted to see whats going on my fellow tomb raiders in here i hope this
    > time around the frnachjise doesnt fail like tomb raider angel of
    > darkness and can somebody in here answer this question will crystal
    > dynamics continue the story with that curtis guy where he disappeared
    > because i was surfing around the web for informaion and i hope they wrap
    > that story up but maybe not just start off with a brand new story only
    > time will tell.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    I just read a gamer mag that did a revierw of the game and says it will be
    out "FALL 2005". Oh well.

    Dani

    "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message

    > Dani wrote:
    >> My game store still says Nov 2005.
    >> Wassup with the different dates?
    >>
    >> Dani
    >>
    >> "Von Croy" <Croft_Legend21@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >> > March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop im new here so i
    >> > just
    >> > wanted to see whats going on my fellow tomb raiders in here i hope this
    >> > time around the frnachjise doesnt fail like tomb raider angel of
    >> > darkness and can somebody in here answer this question will crystal
    >> > dynamics continue the story with that curtis guy where he disappeared
    >> > because i was surfing around the web for informaion and i hope they
    >> > wrap
    >> > that story up but maybe not just start off with a brand new story only
    >> > time will tell.
    >> >

    > 1. Shipping times vary.
    >
    > 2. I've only seen rough estimates of the release up until that
    > "November 2005" that you mentioned (which has been repeated on this NG).

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > My game store still says Nov 2005.
    > Wassup with the different dates?

    lol....gamespot has changed it to January 2006!

    Meanwhile, my EB stores don't have a listing...what a surprise!

    I seem to recall hearing that the Xbox360 Version is due early next year (so
    March), but the others will be in Nov. Makes sense to me. Nov is good Xmas
    time shopping, and the March will be good for the 360 as it won't get lost
    in launch titles etc.
    But I guess we're not going to know until it happens....again.

    > Dani
    >
    > "Von Croy" <Croft_Legend21@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >> March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop im new here so i just
    >> wanted to see whats going on my fellow tomb raiders in here i hope this
    >> time around the frnachjise doesnt fail like tomb raider angel of
    >> darkness and can somebody in here answer this question will crystal
    >> dynamics continue the story with that curtis guy where he disappeared
    >> because i was surfing around the web for informaion and i hope they wrap
    >> that story up but maybe not just start off with a brand new story only
    >> time will tell.

    Ok, unfortunetely story details are few and far between. So far all we have
    is that the story will return to Lara's background which was described in
    the manual to the first game (lost in the jungle, had to escape yadda
    yaddda), so the story is meant to be all emotional and important in that
    respect.
    Otherwise, there's no mention whatsoever of the AoD storyline. Some of us in
    this ng would like some mention to be made, for it to be wrapped up (for me,
    even if only in the opening cutscene or a flashback later in the game,
    anything!!). Others don't seem to really care/ mind.
    CD haven't released any information, other than damning CORE and AoD. It's
    very nice for them to point to finger and bitch and moan, but what are they
    actually going to do about it? I'm starting to get the impression that CD
    are acting quite immature about the whole thing.

    But at the end of the day, it's as you say VC, time will tell.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    I've found UK release dates (PC and PS2 formats) of 18th and 25th
    November 2005

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-8193321-6007821
    http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=PS2&searchstring=tomb+raider&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

    Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the slipping release dates that
    plagued the unfinished Angel Of Darkness.

    If the release dates (and demos) are good, then it's going on my Xmas
    list :-)

    Mark.

    Dani wrote:
    > I just read a gamer mag that did a revierw of the game and says it will be
    > out "FALL 2005". Oh well.
    >
    > Dani
    >
    > "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Dani wrote:
    >>
    >>>My game store still says Nov 2005.
    >>>Wassup with the different dates?
    >>>
    >>>Dani
    >>>
    >>>"Von Croy" <Croft_Legend21@webtv.net> wrote in message

    >>1. Shipping times vary.
    >>
    >>2. I've only seen rough estimates of the release up until that
    >>"November 2005" that you mentioned (which has been repeated on this NG).

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Straight from amazon.com at the following link
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009V9P56/ref=pd_ts_bn/002-8429616-4048837?v=glance&s=videogames&n=490206

    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Other products by Eidos Interactive

    Platform: Windows XP

    Price: $39.99

    Availability: This item will be released on December 15, 2005.

    Looking forward to raiding sometime this fall (or whenever it actually does
    come out).

    Mean Marine

    "lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way".

    not just a management tool, but a way of life.

    "Von Croy" <Croft_Legend21@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop im new here so i just
    > wanted to see whats going on my fellow tomb raiders in here i hope this
    > time around the frnachjise doesnt fail like tomb raider angel of
    > darkness and can somebody in here answer this question will crystal
    > dynamics continue the story with that curtis guy where he disappeared
    > because i was surfing around the web for informaion and i hope they wrap
    > that story up but maybe not just start off with a brand new story only
    > time will tell.

    begin 666 browse-icon-windows.gif
    M1TE&.#EA% `4`+,/``T(#?_U$_[__X5]>5OXF3M%9J%6"9K_W<?.VO_^UM;X
    M_^WATE#%7L&XLI>IO____R'Y! $```\`+ `````4`!0```2%\,E)J[W8BLV[
    M%]0G<J'H#$7:;!3BODX!S+0#3DB<TL;,,+.;1)!H#% `0\!0.!P`!>%CDZ@F
    MDDL`@0"5+K[51;('G44IC=-15@9DSQ-%#B5KI@)+^%"@Z",`#@HR>$Q2'@I0
    D`SQ=:&D.)S21C!,+1FL``PT+?"<V)94-FB-2&:6FIZ@3$0`[
    `
    end
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Liability Grimwood" <spamtrapmdg@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I've found UK release dates (PC and PS2 formats) of 18th and 25th
    > November 2005
    >
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-8193321-6007821
    > http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=PS2&searchstring=tomb+raider&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
    >
    > Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the slipping release dates that
    > plagued the unfinished Angel Of Darkness.
    >
    > If the release dates (and demos) are good, then it's going on my Xmas
    > list :-)

    Release dates given by retailers are almost always too early. Expect to see
    it in about a years time.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:40:34 -0400, Croft_Legend21@webtv.net (Von
    Croy) wrote:

    >March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop im new here so i just
    >wanted to see whats going on my fellow tomb raiders in here i hope this
    >time around the frnachjise doesnt fail like tomb raider angel of
    >darkness and can somebody in here answer this question will crystal
    >dynamics continue the story with that curtis guy where he disappeared
    >because i was surfing around the web for informaion and i hope they wrap
    >that story up but maybe not just start off with a brand new story only
    >time will tell.

    In Holland we have a saying :
    "what is good comes fast".

    Anyway game industry is often vindicating the mirrored saying .
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Von Croy" <Croft_Legend21@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > March of 2006 according to my local videogame shop

    Your local videogame shop's proclamations on this matter do not constitute
    an *official* release date ;-)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Liability Grimwood" <spamtrapmdg@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I've found UK release dates (PC and PS2 formats) of 18th and 25th
    >> November 2005
    >>
    >> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-8193321-6007821
    >> http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=PS2&searchstring=tomb+raider&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
    >>
    >> Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the slipping release dates that
    >> plagued the unfinished Angel Of Darkness.
    >>
    >> If the release dates (and demos) are good, then it's going on my Xmas
    >> list :-)
    >>

    > Release dates given by retailers are almost always too early. Expect to
    > see it in about a years time.

    I highly doubt it will be year! If it's a year - why bother with making such
    a hoo-haa at E3 this year?
    How much more do Eidos wanna dig their own grave?!?!

    Nah...I'd be unbelievably surprised at their stupidity if it wasn't released
    before Christmas.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Dragoncarer wrote:

    > "Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Liability Grimwood" <spamtrapmdg@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> I've found UK release dates (PC and PS2 formats) of 18th and 25th
    > >> November 2005
    > >>
    > >> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-8193321-6007821
    > >> http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=PS2&searchstring=tomb+raider&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
    > >>
    > >> Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the slipping release dates that
    > >> plagued the unfinished Angel Of Darkness.
    > >>
    > >> If the release dates (and demos) are good, then it's going on my Xmas
    > >> list :-)
    > >>

    > > Release dates given by retailers are almost always too early. Expect to
    > > see it in about a years time.
    > >

    > I highly doubt it will be year! If it's a year - why bother with making such
    > a hoo-haa at E3 this year?
    > How much more do Eidos wanna dig their own grave?!?!
    >
    > Nah...I'd be unbelievably surprised at their stupidity if it wasn't released
    > before Christmas.

    As if they haven't done something like that before? :)

    -- G
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Dragoncarer wrote:
    >>
    >> "Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Liability Grimwood" <spamtrapmdg@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> > Release dates given by retailers are almost always too early. Expect
    >> > see it in about a years time.
    >> >

    >> I highly doubt it will be year! If it's a year - why bother with making
    >> such
    >> a hoo-haa at E3 this year?
    >> How much more do Eidos wanna dig their own grave?!?!
    >>
    >> Nah...I'd be unbelievably surprised at their stupidity if it wasn't
    >> released
    >> before Christmas.
    >
    > As if they haven't done something like that before? :)
    >
    > -- G

    For other, obvious reasons.
    I trust that we won't get the bungling that marred AoD this time around.
    At E3 they announced it would be ready towards the end of 2005 (they may
    even have actually said November - I can't remember). Eidos would be stupid
    to commit the same mistakes as last time: I imagine they will be extremely
    careful about what they say about TRL and its stage of development, lest
    they commit themselves to promises they can't keep and have to deal with the
    fallout as they did with AoD.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Dragoncarer wrote:
    > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > > Dragoncarer wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > >> I highly doubt it will be year! If it's a year - why bother with making
    > >> such
    > >> a hoo-haa at E3 this year?
    > >> How much more do Eidos wanna dig their own grave?!?!
    > >>
    > >> Nah...I'd be unbelievably surprised at their stupidity if it wasn't
    > >> released
    > >> before Christmas.
    > >
    > > As if they haven't done something like that before? :)
    > >
    > > -- G
    >
    > For other, obvious reasons.
    > I trust that we won't get the bungling that marred AoD this time around.
    > At E3 they announced it would be ready towards the end of 2005 (they may
    > even have actually said November - I can't remember). Eidos would be stupid
    > to commit the same mistakes as last time: I imagine they will be extremely
    > careful about what they say about TRL and its stage of development, lest
    > they commit themselves to promises they can't keep and have to deal with the
    > fallout as they did with AoD.

    UPDATE:

    Latest word from LCO is that Eidos learned from the "early release"
    mistake and they're pushing the release back to early 2006 to "perfect
    the product". At this point, I don't mind the delay if it gets me
    something better than the idiocy they pulled on AoD.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Dragoncarer wrote:
    >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

    >> > As if they haven't done something like that before? :)
    >> >
    >> > -- G
    >>
    >> For other, obvious reasons.
    >> I trust that we won't get the bungling that marred AoD this time around.
    >> At E3 they announced it would be ready towards the end of 2005 (they may
    >> even have actually said November - I can't remember). Eidos would be
    >> stupid
    >> to commit the same mistakes as last time: I imagine they will be
    >> extremely
    >> careful about what they say about TRL and its stage of development, lest
    >> they commit themselves to promises they can't keep and have to deal with
    >> the
    >> fallout as they did with AoD.
    >
    > UPDATE:
    >
    > Latest word from LCO is that Eidos learned from the "early release"
    > mistake and they're pushing the release back to early 2006 to "perfect
    > the product". At this point, I don't mind the delay if it gets me
    > something better than the idiocy they pulled on AoD.

    Yeah...I've already posted a new topic about this...which I see you've now
    noticed anyway so this post is totally irrelevant but oh goodness me i'm so
    unbelievably bored.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Dragoncarer wrote:
    >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

    >>> As if they haven't done something like that before? :)
    >>>
    >>> -- G
    >>
    >> For other, obvious reasons.
    >> I trust that we won't get the bungling that marred AoD this time
    >> around.
    >> At E3 they announced it would be ready towards the end of 2005 (they
    >> may even have actually said November - I can't remember). Eidos
    >> would be stupid to commit the same mistakes as last time: I imagine
    >> they will be extremely careful about what they say about TRL and its
    >> stage of development, lest they commit themselves to promises they
    >> can't keep and have to deal with the fallout as they did with AoD.
    >
    > UPDATE:
    >
    > Latest word from LCO is that Eidos learned from the "early release"
    > mistake and they're pushing the release back to early 2006 to "perfect
    > the product". At this point, I don't mind the delay if it gets me
    > something better than the idiocy they pulled on AoD.

    Now that gets a heartfelt Amen! With Legend, I think we'll all enjoy
    having everything the game promised. They've promised us quite a lot
    of stuff important to tombing. I want to see it all :)
    McG.

Games Video Games