Big problem with my pc

G

Hello,

i have a problem with my pc ..

the problem :

when i open the pc .. and doing any application on it ( browsing , gaming, etc) it restarts suddenly without warning ... and while its booting up it takes about 5 minutes so it can go on windows again ...
within this 5 minutes there is a black screen and the monitor lamp turns on and off .. sometimes there is a sound from the vga fan

information :
Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz, 8MB Total Cache, 4000MT/s Bus

MSI 790FX-GD70

Sapphire HD 4870 1GB GDDR5

Kingston 2GB DDR3 bus 1333MHz CL9

Harddisc western digital 160 GB

OCZ StealthXStream 500W

please help me

iedgar10

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
If you hear the fan getting louder, it could be a heating issue.
Try checking your temperatures. If it works fine and then it stops it definitely might be a cooling issue. Especially check the video card if you hear its fans going.

If not, then try using the computer without the graphics card. If the problem stops then your video card is bad.

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Hello,

i have a problem with my pc ..

the problem :

when i open the pc .. and doing any application on it ( browsing , gaming, etc) it restarts suddenly without warning ... and while its booting up it takes about 5 minutes so it can go on windows again ...
within this 5 minutes there is a black screen and the monitor lamp turns on and off .. sometimes there is a sound from the vga fan

information :
Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz, 8MB Total Cache, 4000MT/s Bus

MSI 790FX-GD70

Sapphire HD 4870 1GB GDDR5

Kingston 2GB DDR3 bus 1333MHz CL9

Harddisc western digital 160 GB

OCZ StealthXStream 500W

please help me

Is the pc just turning off or just restarting? If it is just turning all the way off it is probably a heating issue. If it is just restarting it sounds like a problem that I had a few builds ago. After testing all the hardware, I ran memtest86 and found 40,000 errors in the first minute. Use this to test the memory and make sure it is good.