Sign in with
Your question

Wireless connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 6, 2010 8:19:47 PM

I use to have connection from the router to my lap, I disconnect desk top and rearranged unit, I plugged in everything that was needed to get connected.
MY lap top and other desk top is not picking up the connection.
The telephone line the fax and printer and the phone line becomes busy tone when i utilize the phone line, if I unplug the land line phone is available and connection to router is still an issue.
I reset the router and shut down and rebooted and nothing seems to help with having my lap connected...
Please help...

More about : wireless connection

Anonymous
June 6, 2010 8:25:29 PM

Is this an ADSL set up ? If so, have you replaced the filters correctly. If you need help on that, talk to your Internet Service Provider
m
l
June 6, 2010 9:21:38 PM

not sure what that means.. filters? I guess ur right about calling service provider would be the way to go...
TY!
m
l
Related resources
June 13, 2010 5:34:36 AM

hapaone2u said:
I use to have connection from the router to my lap, I disconnect desk top and rearranged unit, I plugged in everything that was needed to get connected.
MY lap top and other desk top is not picking up the connection.
The telephone line the fax and printer and the phone line becomes busy tone when i utilize the phone line, if I unplug the land line phone is available and connection to router is still an issue.
I reset the router and shut down and rebooted and nothing seems to help with having my lap connected...
Please help...

I have called linksys and they time warner and my internet provider, they have all informed me that if the desk top pc is connected with the router and that I am able to get online, they could not offer a solution,.They offered me to pay a monthly fee with their router.. none of them can assist me since I have purchased my own router...back to square one.. would this be that a new router is needed?
Thanks for your response!
Aloha!
m
l
Anonymous
June 13, 2010 7:59:32 AM

The filters I mention are commonly available at shops like Radio Shack (US) Maplins (UK). They are supposed to isolate ordinary telephone equipment (fax, telephone etc) from the line-borne ADSL signal.

It sounds like your rearrangement of stuff has either left these out of a vital link or something else is awry. I doubt if the router is faulty.

I would start by simplifying the layout -- strip off all connections but the computer and see if you can get on line. If you had been using wireless, try it with an athernet cable between the computer and the router.

Once you get the computer(s) working online reliably, add back the phone. If that works add back the fax.

I've been called out to help a friend in a similar situation -- all she'd done wrong was plug a fax in directly without filtering and hung the computer on the fax's extension socket -- result nothing worked.
m
l
!