Sign in with
Your question

My RAM - The Final Piece

Last response: in Memory
March 28, 2011 1:08:13 PM

Hello all,

I've ordered my Crosshair IV motherboard and did some extra research on my RAM. I started to confuse the heck out of myself (since this is my first build). I went to the ASUS site and downloaded the pdf file which talked about which RAM and vendors were recommended- however that only confused me more. I need someone to tell me exactly what RAM to buy when I'm looking to fill my machine with 8gb's worth. Thanks so much for the help.

Cheers

More about : ram final piece

March 28, 2011 2:26:33 PM

Okay, maybe I didn't outline exactly what I am buying.

ASUS Crossfire IV Extreme
AMD Phenom II 1100T
Coolermaster Haf 922M case
Corsair H50 cooler
Sapphire HD 6950 2GB

Here is the RAM I picked out...

Corsair CMT8GX3M4A1866C9 Dominator GT Dual Channel 8192MB PC15000 DDR3 Memory - 1866MHz, 4x2048MB, 9-9-9-24

I read elsewhere that the RAM ending in "C9" does not work with this mobo and I'm concerned. Need some guidance here. Thanks again.

Cheers
m
l
June 7, 2011 9:27:36 AM

Im having the same issue. I’ve bought everything but the ram same mobo and processor. I was wondering what you decided on I have to make up my mind so I'm not sitting here all weekend with all the parts but the ram. It is a issue and apparently mobo is sensitive to types of memory. I called mushkin they said to use there black line series running at 1600 corsair said to run there dominator series. Ive heard other recommend gskill flare but did not find any available.
m
l
June 7, 2011 8:33:50 PM

A QVL (qualified Vendors List) should help you alot, because it lists the sets of ram that have been tested with the mobo, and should work with the system. The list should include information about the timings/voltage/part number. Search up the part numbers and see which one you like. Lower Latency is better for you, since looking at your build tells me that you are in for some quite heavy gaming.

Hope this helps a bit, if you're still confused, link me/us to the link and pdf you downloaded.
m
l
!