Nice build, go with a Zalman or Coolermaster CPU cooler, they have some good products. Your motherboard has TurboV, good for a newcomer to OC. If you are doing any major OC I would go with a CP-1000 it also gives you lots of room for upgrade. (soundcard, if you have a lot of USB devices, some HDDs, ect..) Pick a storage drive, 160GB is not enough for all your storage, I would go with a 1TB storage drive and use the SDD for your OS and Games hope this helps Get this cpu cooler, its new and good
Thanks for the many suggestions, questions/comments below:
* A few people mentioned a storage disk, I hid it in the parts not required section, but I am reusing an older disk. Also, I didn't mentioned that I have a file server with >1 TB of storage for multimedia/documents/source code/etc. So my storage requirements are small here.
* mrhoshos96 suggested the new Crucial C300 SATA III drive. But I've read some mediocre reviews of that, including from Tom's. The Tom's review mentioned possible firmware issues, has better information come out? I thought the X-25M was pretty well regarded as top notch.
I couldn't find my exact old drive, but various googling suggests 10W is reasonable.
USB 2.0 devices draw max 2.5 VA and USB 3.0 draws max 4.8VA [Numbers from Wikipedia]
Optical Drives look like at use they are maybe 5W, and if we added a sound care, another 5 (rounding up).
Say I was using 2 USB 3.0 and 5 USB 2.0 (to go to max load), adding this up we get around 700W.
I think 850W should be comfortable. Obviously I can't add another 5970, but that's crazy power anyway.
That said I think I'm going to take Silmarunya's suggestion and go with the HX850
* As far as the case goes, this is the 1200 which I thought was more or less equivalent to the 932. I think if I'm not going with the CP-850, there could be an argument made for the 932, from what I've read, just as a better case (esp: drive installation)
* I'll go with the redline memory as mrhoshos96 suggests, I doubt I'll notice the timing differences at my experience level, right?
* Since a few people recommend it, I'll go with the Zalman CNPS10X
*yeah that c300 does have some problems with firmware get the intel ssd you mentioned earlier
*get the hx 850
*get the haf x it's much much better than the 1200 much more roomy much more airflow
*don't get that cnps10x get the megahalms with 2 s-flex fans it's the best cooler for the lga 1336