English Artifact

dani

Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is gonna
be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
Legend.

Any guesses?

Dani

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is gonna
> be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
> Legend.
>
> Any guesses?
>
> Dani

You asked for a guess so it is: King Arthur's sword Excalibur.
Nick.

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is gonna
> be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
> Legend.
>
> Any guesses?
>
> Dani

Well the original TRs were good because the artifacts were real and the
story was steeped in traditional mythology. If anyone remembers reading
Stella's guides....you'll know what I mean. She was great at researching
information about the various artefacts. Yet another reason why the
original games were good: they had decent 'backstories' that you could
research.

But, AoD and Chron didn't (to my knowledge)....so I dunno. I hope that it's
something real or true.

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

>"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is gonna
>> be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
>> Legend.
>>
>> Any guesses?
>>
>> Dani
>>

>Well the original TRs were good because the artifacts were real and the
>story was steeped in traditional mythology. If anyone remembers reading
>Stella's guides....you'll know what I mean. She was great at researching
>information about the various artefacts. Yet another reason why the
>original games were good: they had decent 'backstories' that you could
>research.
>
>But, AoD and Chron didn't (to my knowledge)....so I dunno. I hope that it's
>something real or true.

Drake's Drum!!

There's also a Tudor fake Round Table in Hampton Court Palace (I think
that's where 'tis).

Let's see, NOBODY would try stealing Stonehenge..... would they?

There's the Koh-i-Noor with that curse attached, too, but the Crown
Jewels are pretty well protected - there's the Yeomen of the Guard
*and* the Gentlemen Warders to get past.
..
..
We are Microsoft of Borg.....Your technological distinctiveness will be
added to our own.....Resistance is fu...
......$$@#
..
General Protection Fault in MSBORG32.DLL

dani

Cool. Why the hell didn't I think of that?! LOL
Dani

"Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is
>> gonna
>> be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
>> Legend.
>>
>> Any guesses?
>>
>> Dani
>>

> You asked for a guess so it is: King Arthur's sword Excalibur.
> Nick.

"Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is
>> gonna be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in
>> Tomb Raider Legend.
>>
>> Any guesses?
>>
>> Dani
>>

> You asked for a guess so it is: King Arthur's sword Excalibur.
> Nick.

There are quite a number of possible artifacts it could be. Perhaps
something attributed to Merlins use, heard of in legends but never seen.
Lots of things along that line. Probably not so many as famous as
Excalibur though. The key word seems to be "English" though. Celtic
would imply much older I think. Oh my, are we going to get to explore
Britain?!
McG. :)

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
>
>>"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is
>>>gonna be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in
>>>Tomb Raider Legend.
>>>
>>>Any guesses?
>>>
>>>Dani
>>>

>>You asked for a guess so it is: King Arthur's sword Excalibur.
>>Nick.
>

> There are quite a number of possible artifacts it could be. Perhaps
> something attributed to Merlins use, heard of in legends but never seen.
> Lots of things along that line. Probably not so many as famous as
> Excalibur though. The key word seems to be "English" though. Celtic
> would imply much older I think. Oh my, are we going to get to explore
> Britain?!
> McG. :)

Excalibur could be a good one, as it is purely English, but not The Holy
Grail (if it ever existed, the Knights Templar nicked it from the Holy
Land and hid it. We had a habit of doing that)

King John's treasure can be ruled out. It's last resting place is in The
Wash (the patch of water between Norfolk and Lincolnshire that used to
be traversable, if you watched out for the quicksand)

The Magna Carta isn't in the realms of the usual magical/mystical stuff
that Lara hunts for, and apparently has not survived through time
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_carta)

I'm a bit stumped for a list of purely English artifacts that we've not
stolen (or bought, or been given) from another nation at some point.

I suppose it could be one of the stone lions from the bottom of Nelson's
Column. Or even the column itself.

Hmmm. Could even be the bones of St. George and/or the dragon

Damn. I'm starting to realise how bad the teaching of English history
and culture is here in England.

Mark.

"Miowarra Tomokatu (aka Tomo)" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned
>

>>"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is
>>> gonna
>>> be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb
>>> Raider
>>> Legend.
>>>
>>> Any guesses?
>>>
>>> Dani
>>>

>>Well the original TRs were good because the artifacts were real and the
>>story was steeped in traditional mythology. If anyone remembers reading
>>Stella's guides....you'll know what I mean. She was great at researching
>>information about the various artefacts. Yet another reason why the
>>original games were good: they had decent 'backstories' that you could
>>research.
>>
>>But, AoD and Chron didn't (to my knowledge)....so I dunno. I hope that
>>it's
>>something real or true.
>>

> Drake's Drum!!
>
> There's also a Tudor fake Round Table in Hampton Court Palace (I think
> that's where 'tis).
>
> Let's see, NOBODY would try stealing Stonehenge..... would they?
>
> There's the Koh-i-Noor with that curse attached, too, but the Crown
> Jewels are pretty well protected - there's the Yeomen of the Guard
> *and* the Gentlemen Warders to get past.

lol...the only one I know of is the Crown Jewels - but they're too obvious.

> .
> .
> We are Microsoft of Borg.....Your technological distinctiveness will be
> added to our own.....Resistance is fu...
> .....$$@#
> .
> General Protection Fault in MSBORG32.DLL
> ..

Angel

How about Excalibur??

"Angel" <home@bt.com> wrote in message
> How about Excalibur??
>
> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
>>
>> "Miowarra Tomokatu (aka Tomo)" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
>>> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
>>> world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

>>> Drake's Drum!!
>>>
>>> There's also a Tudor fake Round Table in Hampton Court Palace (I think
>>> that's where 'tis).
>>>
>>> Let's see, NOBODY would try stealing Stonehenge..... would they?
>>>
>>> There's the Koh-i-Noor with that curse attached, too, but the Crown
>>> Jewels are pretty well protected - there's the Yeomen of the Guard
>>> *and* the Gentlemen Warders to get past.
>>
>> lol...the only one I know of is the Crown Jewels - but they're too
>> obvious.
>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> We are Microsoft of Borg.....Your technological distinctiveness will be
>>> added to our own.....Resistance is fu...
>>> .....$$@#
>>> .
>>> General Protection Fault in MSBORG32.DLL
>>> ..

The Holy Grail?? The Magna Carta??
Personally I don't care if it's a Amazon snakehead necklace, if Legends is
good, I will be happy!!

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

"Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message

> "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is
>> gonna
>> be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
>> Legend.
>>
>> Any guesses?
>>
>> Dani
>>

> You asked for a guess so it is: King Arthur's sword Excalibur.
> Nick.

Now THAT's more likely.

Dani wrote:

> Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is gonna
> be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
> Legend.
>
> Any guesses?
>
> Dani

Prince Charles' lost humanity?

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Mr Flibble says: 'Oh, he's not bitter!' < sarcastic tone >

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:14:03 GMT, "Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Curious about something I read in a gamer mag. They say that Lara is gonna
>be traveling about the world for a purely English artifact in Tomb Raider
>Legend.
>
>Any guesses?

Enochian books and other magical paraphenalia, once the property of
Queen Elizabeth's court magician Doctor John Dee?

>Dani

- AG

Knowlege Is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.

Liability Grimwood wrote:

> Excalibur could be a good one, as it is purely English, but not The Holy
> Grail (if it ever existed, the Knights Templar nicked it from the Holy
> Land and hid it. We had a habit of doing that)

You French then Mark?

> King John's treasure can be ruled out. It's last resting place is in The
> Wash (the patch of water between Norfolk and Lincolnshire that used to
> be traversable, if you watched out for the quicksand)
>
> The Magna Carta isn't in the realms of the usual magical/mystical stuff
> that Lara hunts for, and apparently has not survived through time
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_carta)
>
> I'm a bit stumped for a list of purely English artifacts that we've not
> stolen (or bought, or been given) from another nation at some point.

The Access credit card springs to mind!

> I suppose it could be one of the stone lions from the bottom of Nelson's
> Column. Or even the column itself.

You can't take the pussy from Nelson's column.

> Hmmm. Could even be the bones of St. George and/or the dragon
>
> Damn. I'm starting to realise how bad the teaching of English history
> and culture is here in England.

It might just be an Essex thing!! :eek:)

JW

John Whitworth wrote:
> Liability Grimwood wrote:
> >
> > Excalibur could be a good one, as it is purely English, but not The Holy
> > Grail (if it ever existed, the Knights Templar nicked it from the Holy
> > Land and hid it. We had a habit of doing that)
>
> You French then Mark?

CF history teaching below!

> > King John's treasure can be ruled out. It's last resting place is in The
> > Wash (the patch of water between Norfolk and Lincolnshire that used to
> > be traversable, if you watched out for the quicksand)
> >
> > The Magna Carta isn't in the realms of the usual magical/mystical stuff
> > that Lara hunts for, and apparently has not survived through time
> > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_carta)
> >
> > I'm a bit stumped for a list of purely English artifacts that we've not
> > stolen (or bought, or been given) from another nation at some point.
> >

> The Access credit card springs to mind!

JCCC copied the idea

Oh deities! This sounds work related :-(

> > I suppose it could be one of the stone lions from the bottom of Nelson's
> > Column. Or even the column itself.
> >

> You can't take the pussy from Nelson's column.
>
> > Hmmm. Could even be the bones of St. George and/or the dragon
> >
> > Damn. I'm starting to realise how bad the teaching of English history
> > and culture is here in England.
>
> It might just be an Essex thing!! :eek:)

I'm from Suffolk, so I blame the teaching there and assume it was the
same over here. At least I'm not from the other end of Suffolk, they
only get taught about tractors and sheep!

> JW
>

> > Mark.

My next suggestion was going to be The Stone Of Scone, which lives
under the Monarch's coronation chair, but then I remembered it was
actually from Scotland. But we didn't steal it for once!

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Liability Grimwood mentioned

>My next suggestion was going to be The Stone Of Scone, which lives
>under the Monarch's coronation chair, but then I remembered it was
>actually from Scotland. But we didn't steal it for once!

Actually, Edward I (the Hammer of the Scots) DID steal it in order to
break the line of succession of Scottish royalty after John Balliol
claimed the Scottish crown.

James VI of Scotland and I of England re-united the royal lineages,
but the Stone wasn't returned (until recently - I think?? not sure
that it HAS been, yet.)
..
..

Miowarra Tomokatu (aka Tomo) wrote:

> It's all a dastardly French plot to force the whole world to drink
> weak watery coffee. They succeeded in America and the puppet
> corporation Starbucks under French domination is even now, spreading
> weak, watery tentacles of depravity across the face of the globe.

The French! I forgot the French!

This means that Pierre will also return from the grave (again)

I'm starting to see it all now, the French are the ones behind the new
drinks machines at work, with one option for tea, and ninety seven
variations of coffee. And the damn things break down every five
minutes.

Mark.

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Liability Grimwood mentioned

>Miowarra Tomokatu (aka Tomo) wrote:
>
>> It's all a dastardly French plot to force the whole world to drink
>> weak watery coffee. They succeeded in America and the puppet
>> corporation Starbucks under French domination is even now, spreading
>> weak, watery tentacles of depravity across the face of the globe.
>
>The French! I forgot the French!
>
>This means that Pierre will also return from the grave (again)
>
>I'm starting to see it all now, the French are the ones behind the new
>drinks machines at work, with one option for tea, and ninety seven
>variations of coffee. And the damn things break down every five
>minutes.
>
>Mark.

And steal your money too, n'est ce pas?
Quel dommage (hehehe!)(Shrug) Que faire M'sieu?
C'est seulement la vie, eh? (Gallic aside to audience while twirling
evil moustaches ("It's working"))
..
..

Liability Grimwood wrote:
> Miowarra Tomokatu (aka Tomo) wrote:
>

>>It's all a dastardly French plot to force the whole world to drink
>>weak watery coffee. They succeeded in America and the puppet
>>corporation Starbucks under French domination is even now, spreading
>>weak, watery tentacles of depravity across the face of the globe.
>

> The French! I forgot the French!
>
> This means that Pierre will also return from the grave (again)
>
> I'm starting to see it all now, the French are the ones behind the new
> drinks machines at work, with one option for tea, and ninety seven
> variations of coffee. And the damn things break down every five
> minutes.
>
> Mark.

You're just bitter because we have hijacked the food machine!! ;-)

JW