Can I Program a Keyboard Button to Launch Control Panel?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Hi everyone.

I'm using Windows XP Pro, SP-2.

I have a programmable keyboard, with buttons I can configure to launch
applications.

I'd like to know if I can program one of these buttons to launch the
Control Panel.

If it's possible, what file do I use with the button? Thank you.

J. Danniel
3 answers Last reply
More about program keyboard button launch control panel
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    The application that launches Control Panel is called ironically
    enough, control.exe. It's located in the C:\Windows\System32
    folder. Point your keyboard configuration program to that
    location and see what happens.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "J. Danniel" <jd4jd@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP Pro, SP-2.
    >
    > I have a programmable keyboard, with buttons I can configure to
    > launch
    > applications.
    >
    > I'd like to know if I can program one of these buttons to
    > launch the
    > Control Panel.
    >
    > If it's possible, what file do I use with the button? Thank
    > you.
    >
    > J. Danniel
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    In news:7kjr215c5gd51rmv9f9i47j5722f2pg8me@4ax.com,
    J. Danniel <jd4jd@prodigy.net> typed:

    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP Pro, SP-2.
    >
    > I have a programmable keyboard, with buttons I can configure to
    > launch
    > applications.
    >
    > I'd like to know if I can program one of these buttons to
    > launch the
    > Control Panel.

    If you program it to launch anything else, you can program it to
    launch the Control Panel

    Just have it run "control" (no quotes).

    Please reply to the newsgroup
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    In news:uQ%23GDjBJFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Ken Blake <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> typed:

    > In news:7kjr215c5gd51rmv9f9i47j5722f2pg8me@4ax.com,
    > J. Danniel <jd4jd@prodigy.net> typed:
    >
    >> Hi everyone.
    >>
    >> I'm using Windows XP Pro, SP-2.
    >>
    >> I have a programmable keyboard, with buttons I can configure
    >> launch
    >> applications.
    >>
    >> I'd like to know if I can program one of these buttons to
    >> launch the
    >> Control Panel.
    >

    > If you program it to launch anything else, you can program it
    > launch the Control Panel

    Sorry, the accidentally omitted word "can," after "If you ..."
    may make the above hard to read.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > Just have it run "control" (no quotes).

Configuration Control Panel Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP