ndg_9766

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I just bought a new computer. I want to transfer all of the data from the old computer to the new one using the Seagate external hard drive that I used to back up the old computer. The data needs to be scanned for viruses, adware, and malware, etc, before being installed on the new computer. I know that the data is infected so I know that it needs to be scanned. I do not know how to scan and clean up the data and I don't know how to transfer the data. Please tell me how to do this. Thank you very much.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Connect your external HDD, but don't use it yet.
Install the anti-virus program of your liking, turn your anti-virus program ON, select your external HDD as the device for scanning, do the scanning, wait for it to completely finish the scanning, look at the results, if there are files infected, either clean/repair them, or if they're damaged to the no-repair extent, permanently delete them.
After it (if there was anything infected, to begin with), run the "Full Scan" option (scan all of your PC's drives), wait for it to completely finish...if everything's clean, you're good to go.