Sign in with
Your question

Ati Radeon HD 4350 Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 21, 2010 2:34:32 AM

Okay I Got The Ati Radeon HD 4350 Last Sunday From FutureShop, I Installed It And It Worked I played Portal And Beat It I Was Happy, I Installed Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 And Team Fortress 2 And I Don't Remebered If They Worked Correctly When First Installing them But Now When I Try To Play Either Of Those Games I Can't Their Completely Unplayable I Get Into A Tf2 Game and the first problem is the loading takes for ever! second is when you have to press contine i get a loopin sound for about 3-5 seconds then goes on and do that again to the character part and i chose one (laggy,stuttery) and i get in game i can't even move or turn or my fps goes to 0 for a mintue and then goes up move again back to 0 and yea (same with RSV2) I Need Help Is It Something i did with the video card? i have opened my case a couple times to clean it of dust and i accidently touched it maybe twice, please i need your help, oh yea i havent tested portal now yet, so i dunno if it's those two games or everyone i'll tell you later

More about : ati radeon 4350

May 21, 2010 3:22:39 AM

first of all, list all of your components here...
CPU? RAM? MOBO? PSU? MONITOR?

HD4350 is a weak card, i'm surprised you can play Rainbow Six.... :) 
m
l
May 21, 2010 6:48:47 AM

2144747,1,637353 said:
Okay I Got The Ati Radeon HD 4350 Last Sunday From FutureShop, I Installed It And It Worked I played Portal And Beat It I Was Happy, I Installed Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 And Team Fortress 2 And I Don't Remebered If They Worked Correctly When First Installing them But Now When I Try To Play Either Of Those Games I Can't Their Completely Unplayable I Get Into A Tf2 Game and the first problem is the loading takes for ever! second is when you have to press contine i get a loopin sound for about 3-5 seconds then goes on and do that again to the character part and i chose one (laggy,stuttery) and i get in game i can't even move or turn or my fps goes to 0 for a mintue and then goes up move again back to 0 and yea (same with RSV2) I Need Help Is It Something i did with the video card? i have opened my case a couple times to clean it of dust and i accidently touched it maybe twice, please i need your help, oh yea i havent tested portal now yet, so i dunno if it's those two games or everyone i'll tell you later[/quote}.

First of all tell me ur specs and did u overclocked the card or is it as it is.If not I recommend u to overclock as the 9400gt with almost same specs and can be overclocked to the performance of 9600gt and u can play crysis on it too on medium.OKay first of all we must concentrate on the temperature.
m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2010 6:51:30 AM

Mithness said:
Okay I Got The Ati Radeon HD 4350 Last Sunday From FutureShop, I Installed It And It Worked I played Portal And Beat It I Was Happy, I Installed Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 And Team Fortress 2 And I Don't Remebered If They Worked Correctly When First Installing them But Now When I Try To Play Either Of Those Games I Can't Their Completely Unplayable I Get Into A Tf2 Game and the first problem is the loading takes for ever! second is when you have to press contine i get a loopin sound for about 3-5 seconds then goes on and do that again to the character part and i chose one (laggy,stuttery) and i get in game i can't even move or turn or my fps goes to 0 for a mintue and then goes up move again back to 0 and yea (same with RSV2) I Need Help Is It Something i did with the video card? i have opened my case a couple times to clean it of dust and i accidently touched it maybe twice, please i need your help, oh yea i havent tested portal now yet, so i dunno if it's those two games or everyone i'll tell you later

so now tell us the followng things

>your full specifications
>your temp at idle and while gaming.

try reinstalling the drivers or update the at last do try a clean install.

HOPE U SOLVE THE PROBLEM

regards.....

m
l
May 21, 2010 6:59:28 PM

Okay Umm I Dunno How Do Get Some Specs But i Can Tell You These

Specs:
Amd Athlon 3800+
1Gb ram (2x512mb)
Ati Radeon Hd 4350
180Gb Harddrive,

Now The Following How Do I Check My Temp While Gaming And Idle (i know what you mean but is their a program or what?)
i will try installing the drivers again but what do you mean a clean install of vista??
m
l
May 21, 2010 7:23:57 PM

Quick update i played portal and that runs perfectly fine maxed out and i get 30 frames atleast but once i play tf2 and RSV2 i think it may just be becuase it's not optimized or something but tf2 their is a problem please help!
m
l
Anonymous
May 21, 2010 8:20:28 PM

h
m
l
Anonymous
May 21, 2010 8:25:52 PM

That is because the 4350 can not handle games, its NOT a gaming video card. I do not know who convinced you that the 4350 could play games, for this reason you should read reviews online to find out exactly where this card is ranked, do not listen to the guys in the shop because they are there to make you buy, and you did!

Bring that 4350 back its like 2 years old and it was one of the slower if NOT the slowest ATI video card released 2 years ago.

And to be fair with a old 3800+ sitting at stock speeds and ONLY 1 GB of ram you shouldn’t be playing games anyways
m
l
May 21, 2010 8:29:28 PM

Uhh Well It Should be more than capible it has 512mb vram even if its just ddr 2 and what would you suggest since im tight on money
m
l
May 21, 2010 9:52:38 PM

Uh if i bring back my card i should have around 110 dollers ): im only 14 and i don't have a job so yea
m
l
May 22, 2010 4:53:05 AM

Mithness said:
Okay Umm I Dunno How Do Get Some Specs But i Can Tell You These

Specs:
Amd Athlon 3800+
1Gb ram (2x512mb)
Ati Radeon Hd 4350
180Gb Harddrive,

Now The Following How Do I Check My Temp While Gaming And Idle (i know what you mean but is their a program or what?)
i will try installing the drivers again but what do you mean a clean install of vista??

bro...

It is not at all the good gaming card :non:  but overclocking this can give you performance equal to 9600gt.Dont listen to anyone in this matter i myself have tried this and trust me it works vell.I have even played crysis on medium high on it with 800 X 600 resolution.So dont be dissapointed ;)  .NOw you can use some softwares or BIOS for temperature readings while gamin or idle.Now use the followin one which i used SPEEDFAN.....:bounce: 

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Now look at your temperatures and tell us how much is it when no work is laid and when the heavy games are laid and hey did U tried some oter games tooo.

Replay soon ..
wish you all the luck :hello: 
m
l
Anonymous
May 22, 2010 5:16:21 AM

Mithness said:
Uhh Well It Should be more than capible it has 512mb vram even if its just ddr 2 and what would you suggest since im tight on money

Video ram does not play a huge factor in performance because the video card can borrow memory from the main system memory, only at extreme resolutions video memory becomes a factor and at high resolution the 4350 wouldn’t even get a mention or acknowledgement. Performance is to do with the architecture of the video card, the 4350 does not have the bandwidth to push data due to its crippled GPU bus, memory bus and shader count.

Like I said the 4xxx series is and we are already on the 5xxx series, even when the 4xxx series was new the 4350 was one of the slowest video cards available, its the type of video card that’s suppose to run BluRay movies whilst consuming little power opposed to playing games.

To give you an idea of how slow your 4350 is, take a look at this chart, although your 4350 is not listed the faster 4550 is listed. Notice that the 4550 is AT THE BOTTOM of the chart and remember your 4350 is MUCH slower than it.

Now you bought the 4350 for $114 that is overpriced, bring it back and buy a ATI 5750 for $104 as its MUCH faster, newer and supports DX11. Even the 5750 isn’t fantastic but its night and day faster than the 4350 and in your case cheaper too. But like I said earlier you have a big bottleneck with your old athlon and 512MB of memory so that will restrict you from enjoying the 5750 at its full potential but it will be a huge step up from he 4350 regardless.

ATI PowerColor 5750
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
May 22, 2010 5:08:16 PM

@Dent1 Uhh the video card with tax and everything was only 90.50 and i don't even think futureshop sells the 5750 and if they did it's gotta be alot higher than 104 dollers thats a pretty good card right their (is it not?)

@Tan007 Yes I agree im not a hardcore gamer i don't need this 1920x1280 or whatevrr i don't need that *** haha im fine with 1024x768 and 800x600 and is the 9600gt good? and if i overclock it do you think i could play the games that the 9600gt plays on like youtube desmostrations?

But I Did Get Tf2 Working all i had to do was delete clientsomething.blob and it fixed it so whatever but look at the futureshop.ca site tell me a good card that is not that expensive that i can either just exchange or buy for a little more money and yea (sales are only if you buy online)
m
l
May 22, 2010 5:19:56 PM

I Know That Futureshop isnt a place to buy graphics cards but i mean, im not aloud to buy crap online.... it sucks i know but i need a good one i really wanted the 4550 which i heard is really good but it was 109 retail and with tax i didn't have that much money ):
m
l
Anonymous
May 22, 2010 7:27:04 PM

Mithness said:
i really wanted the 4550 which i heard is really good but it was 109 retail and with tax i didn't have that much money ):

Didn’t you even look at the chart that I posted above?, you "HEARD that the 4550 is really good". Are you crazy if you look at the chart that I already posted you can see that even the 4550 is at the bottom of the chart. Like the 4350, the 4550 is one of the most slowest video card in the 4xxx family. You will not be playing ay games at a respectable level on either the 4350 or 4550 at any resolution.

Mithness said:
im fine with 1024x768 and 800x600 and is the 9600gt good? and if i overclock it do you think i could play the games that the 9600gt plays on like youtube desmostrations?

The 9600 GT is much better than the 4350/4550, look at the chart I already posted above as it has both the 9600GT and 4550 so it will give you an idea of the performance deference. However the 9600 GT is pretty old, there are faster cards for the same price!

BTW just because a game plays well on YouTube it doesn’t mean it plays well. Those guys on YouTube could be playing at really low detail or at a really low frame rate for all you know, the chances are they have a better processor and more main memory than you so their performance will outpace yours. If you want to know how a video card performs READ A REVIEW written by professionals.

Mithness said:

But I Did Get Tf2 Working all i had to do was delete clientsomething.blob and it fixed it

That is not saying much considering that TF2 came out 3 years ago!

Mithness said:

whatever but look at the futureshop.ca site tell me a good card that is not that expensive that i can either just exchange or buy for a little more money and yea (sales are only if you buy online)

Future shop isn’t for buying components, they are far too expensive, they stock really old cards and quite frankly they are overpriced too. If you are happy spending 3x more for obsolete hardware that is your business. I would recommend shopping from www.tigerdirect.ca or www.Newegg.ca if you are Canadian.

5670 $87

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

5750 $108
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
m
l
May 23, 2010 2:45:10 PM

@Dent1 Okay i know these cards arn't the best but i don't give a *** about resaloution or graphics (that much haha) just remember im 14 no job, no money and the 4550 would be a rly good card for ME i don't care if you think the card is horible i don't want to play crysis on fuckin ultra high with fuckin 1920x1280 to me thats uneeded haha (:
m
l
!