Cancel windows 8 developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hareendrana

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Thank you all for the responses.What I thought first was to re-install XP in another drive, which was unsuccessful. Windows 8 tookover the computer controls.My C Drive, which had OS and install registry blotted to some 38 GB.
First I cleaned system files. Files got reduced to some 20 GB.I was able to Boot in, but Not into Drive C which Windows 8 occupied.I deleted Partition C.Next step, Formated NTFS, and installed XP.Re-registered Windows XP Home which was SP2 version.

Reinstalled Realtrek Sound, Downloaded Software for HP All in one (Printer defective, using as Scanner)
and Samsung printer for XP.Many downloaded softwares were lost.In effort to put SP3 through Opera (Internet fails and Explorer has no download in memory). DVD Videosoft, Flash etc. are yet to be re-installed

Also had a problem with Windows 8 that I've never had before.

I had removed my win 7 SSD from laptop, installed windows 8 on an agility III SSD (Placed in 2nd drive bay). Installed win 8 and it booted fine. Re-installed the Win 7 SSD (an M4) in drive bay 0.

Booting win 8 by changing boot priority in Bios (Samsung RF711 does not have hot key to select boot device at start up as do all my desktops) Goes with-out problem.
However if I reselect the Win 7 SSD to boot to (after booting to win8), I get the Have to run checkdisk - NOT a one time issue, boot win 8, reboot to win 7 - have to run checkdisk every time. Once run, it does not have to be re-run on subsequent boots to win 7, only If I boot to win 8.. I've done this method when having XP, Vista, and win 7 Boot disk in 3 differnt desktops and NEVER had this problem.

When creating a daul boot system in this method, none of the previous OS have messed up the Other OS Boot drives.

Captain Kirk

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

no need to they just work = better cause updating a driver is a nuisance. Steam up dates Radeon Drivers AUTO Nvidia needs to take heed.

hareendrana

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Intel has built in sound card and software supplied. Thank you all for the responses.What I thought first was to re-install XP in another drive, which was unsuccessful. Windows 8 tookover the computer controls.My C Drive, which had OS and install registry blotted to some 38 GB.
First I cleaned system files. Files got reduced to some 20 GB.I was able to Boot in, but Not into Drive C which Windows 8 occupied.I deleted Partition C.Next step, Formated NTFS, and installed XP.Re-registered Windows XP Home which was SP2 version.

Reinstalled Realtrek Sound, Downloaded Software for HP All in one (Printer defective, using as Scanner)
and Samsung printer for XP.Many downloaded softwares were lost.In effort to put SP3 through Opera (Internet fails and Explorer has no download in memory). DVD Videosoft, Flash etc. are yet to be re-installed

hareendrana

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Thank you All. I had done exactly what abekl suggested. Windows 8 doubled the C drive files. 50 GB C drive was about to burst.
First I gave a clean up that deleted xp completely. Then I deleted Partition C. Renamed again as C, Formatted NTFS and reinstalled XP Home, and activated after reinstalling usb internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS