best crt for movie-watching

Tags:
  • CRT Monitors
  • Movies
  • Samsung
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 27, 2002 6:20:18 PM

I'm finding that my Samsung 150MP isn't so great for watching DVDs and I'm thinking of getting something new. Probably a 19" CRT. I just want my DVD playback to be nice and bright and with moderate contrast and saturation. I'm not too particular about how it looks when I'm web browsing and word processing and such... Any budget-friendly suggestions?

More about : crt movie watching

December 28, 2002 3:15:42 AM

make sure that it is a flat screen anti glare CRT. My Sony G500 21" has a completely flat anti glare front and movies on it are great. Don't get a regular CRT if you are very into movies, go for a flat CRT. I know there is a certain term for the flat fronts but I can't think of it right now. If I think of it I'll post it.
If you are willing to spend a little more, go for one of those 24" cinema displays. That would be the ultimate screen for watching movies and doing everything else.
December 28, 2002 3:21:43 AM

Another thing came to mind.
Why don't you just plug your computer into your tv and watch the movies on that? Unless you don't have a tv. Usually tv's are cheaper and bigger than monitors, because of the lower res. That would be much cheaper and the picture would be decent.
Just something to keep in mind.
!