470 GTX Artifacts with 32aa on

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hello, i havent been on the forums much only for questions, but heres my problem hope someone can help, heres my setup i7 920(Stock) ASUS P6T V2 6G G-Skill Trident Ram BFG 650Watt PS and just bought a PNY 470 GTX and getting another next week with a Corsair 850Watt PS, when im in 16aa 32aa i get artifacts, freezing then crash, but if i go 16aa, 16aa i dont have this problem but in Battlefield Bad Company 2 i get little glitches here and there, anyone have this problem? I have the lastest drivers installed, thx u.

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Ok, im just looking for a little help, if i have a bad card and need to return it for another or if its driver ralated, if u cant help or have a theory plzs dont waste my time with not needed comments, thx u.

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Im sorry, i dont like to be rude :), to answer your question, yes, i do have two monitors, one at 1650 and the other 1920, hmm, now that i think about it, i havent tried it on the 1650, weird, ok, thx u so i take it that its an issue then to run 1920 with 32aa sir? Also, i take it its just a driver issue if i get little glitches on battlefield bad company 2?, but metro 2033 is fine? Thx u in advance.

32 AA Works fine in metro ? Artifacts are mostly from overheating or damaged
If it works fine in metro you can be sure its not driver related.
Are you playing metro and BF2 on two screens in both cases ?
its odd as metro is definately the more demanding of the two games

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Thx u for the respond, metro only works 16aa 16aa , sorry i didnt correct that, everything i play works in 16aa, but in Battlefield bad company 2(16AA) i get little pink box glitches here and there, im using MSI afterburner to control the fan speed, i like keeping my card nice n cool, but when i use 32aa in any game i get artifacts, freezing then crash, i use the 1650 screen for 3D vision only, but main use 1920x1200 for most games, for the money i spend on the card, not sure if i should wait to see if the other card does the same to know if its a driver issue or the ram on the card might might be bad. I recently played Mass Effect 2 on 32AA and got Artifacts then the MSI Afterburn stopped working and the game went on as normal 0_o.

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
No, not a heat issue, i use MSI Afterburner or EVGA Pres. to control the fan speed to keep it cool. But i notice when the artifacts start the game pauses then MSI stops working and the game will run again or crash. I try to keep it under 80c, i plan on buying another to SLI, have 650W now going to get 1000W with other card, Nivida said it was a driver issue, but dont know if i should return it before i cant. Was just playing Stalker COP on 16, 16 and had the samething happen but 32 wasnt used, thats a first.

You should be able to set AA to whatever you want, So If I were you I'd wait for nVidia's next driver release and see if that makes any difference, If not then return the card.
If your keeping your card below 90C then I can't see it being heat related.

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Came across a thread were someone was having the same issue, he lowered the shader clock from 1215 to 1112 and the issue went away, i followed his fix and it worked, but for him things started to get worse, in any case, gonna send it back for another one, should have the second one i was gonna buy, by then anyway. Thxs everyone for your insight and info :) Cheers.